Horizon: Zero Dawn

spronk

FPS noob
Oh, one I didn't repel down. Can I climb back up and repel to get it?

how the fuck did you get off the tallneck, just leap of faith off it?

anyways theres no trophy for rappelling down a tallneck so you are safe. the only tallneck trophies are climbing and overriding one, and then doing the same for all six

you literally cannot fuck up the platinum trophy, all you have to do is complete every story quest and the main side quests. you can just keep redoing the final battle with a new side quest done, over and over, with the same save. the entire game world is available to do all the side stuff when you are done with the game.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
There is 1 tallneck you can jump off of and not get the map data, some odd reason it was set to expand once you repelled off, was supposedly fixed in most recent patch.

Southern most tallneck, there is a set of ledges you can climb up once on the head and find the Silent Hill easter egg

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
how the fuck did you get off the tallneck, just leap of faith off it?

anyways theres no trophy for rappelling down a tallneck so you are safe. the only tallneck trophies are climbing and overriding one, and then doing the same for all six

you literally cannot fuck up the platinum trophy, all you have to do is complete every story quest and the main side quests. you can just keep redoing the final battle with a new side quest done, over and over, with the same save. the entire game world is available to do all the side stuff when you are done with the game.

I quick traveled.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Finally got around to finishing this today after a pretty long play session yesterday and the Plat Trophy.

Not sure I've had as pleasurable gaming experience in a long time. It was just really nice to play something that you could tell a lot of effort was put in to with a great story, acting, mechanics, etc... Everything just worked very well together. I was continually impressed by the environments too and while I'm sure there are a lot of reused assets (like normal) everything still had unique touches and individual character added. Like scaling each tall neck was different, ruins were different, and so on. It isn't without some minor annoyances here and there but they are far outshined by the rest of the game.

A+ would play the sequel.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Shamefully admitting that I just got around to starting this yesterday. 10 hours in and it's a blast.

My only minor complaint is my aiming. I'm guessing there is probably a way to adjust the controller sensitivity within the PS4 itself, but the little I have played this console the aiming just feels "off". The sticks don't seem as fluid as the DS3. I also generally try to stay away from aim assist as it feels cheap, not sure if you guys used it.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure I just kept aim assist on because I really suck at aiming with controllers.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Hey Blitz buddy, not sure how long it's been since youve switched to aiming with console controllers but 90% of games will come with in game settings for sensitivity, including (most of the time) different settings for each separate axis.
Not sure about PS4 universal settings but I would imagine that would actually be worse anyway, because so many games have varying degrees of sensitivity scaling as well as camera systems.

Also experiment with extreme highs and lows of sensitivity and turning Aim Assist off and on because some things might be causing problems for your reflexes you aren't even aware of until they are changed!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Horizon is way too easy if you don't play on Very Hard though, and you're not allowed to turn on aim assist at all there.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Even on Very Hard I didn't need aim assist to burn everything to hell with my never ending supply of fire arrow death! Seriously, H:ZD2, nerf fire arrows.

Vorph

I used sticky bombs for everything large or annoying. Never felt like anything else did significant damage to the big stuff, especially since ropes break really easy from damage and the 5 sec delay on sticky bombs means you get to ignore that completely.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I used aim assist for a while, at least till I got better at the controls but haven't used it sense about the first time I left the Valley area.

As far as bigger enemies go, you need the upgraded rope caster(heavy ropes).

Vorph

I used the lodge ropecaster for the majority of the game, still breaks super fast if you're actually dealing damage. Sticky bombs do the most damage per shot of any weapon so it's even more of a no-brainer.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I can't believe you guys don't use corruption arrows more.

I wipe out entire herds/squads by letting them attack each other.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Hey Blitz buddy, not sure how long it's been since youve switched to aiming with console controllers but 90% of games will come with in game settings for sensitivity, including (most of the time) different settings for each separate axis.
Not sure about PS4 universal settings but I would imagine that would actually be worse anyway, because so many games have varying degrees of sensitivity scaling as well as camera systems.

Also experiment with extreme highs and lows of sensitivity and turning Aim Assist off and on because some things might be causing problems for your reflexes you aren't even aware of until they are changed!
I must be missing the sensitivity option for the controller in this game. I didn't see it at all just the ability to change X & Y axis, aim assist etc...

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Just hit 50, on what I think is the last main story mission after finishing every side item/collectable. Aaaaand none of my save games are loading. Cute

*edit: auto and manual save broke, but auto save worked :p

Last edited:

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I just finished this. What an amazing game and equally great story. This would make a hell of a movie. Very epic, I like how things closed up.

Exploring everywhere to discover what happened to the 'ancients' was well done too.

Just FYI the vantage point collectables have their own bit of story to them if you look the up in the collectables menu, almost missed that one

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Finally got the time to go and finish the main story. Goddamn, this was a game. Still have to go and finish the hunter trials and knock down some dummies for plat. Kinda surprised there isn't a trophy for getting all the data points (still have so many world ones to pick up). This has got to be one of the coolest stories I've seen in a long time. Can't wait to see what they do with a DLC or sequel.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
YtHJsTE.gif

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users