How to use imgur

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So, I thought attaching was bad for server bandwidth but now we're doing it purposefully when someone hotlinks?
So you read that when I posted it but then ignored the part where I was going to wait for a week or two and see how it went and then enable it and see how it goes?

You then ignore an entire thread with the bandwidth chart?

How do you function with your ability to only read one sentence at a time?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I did not, nor currently do not, see where you said or inferred that this feature was going to be on a "wait and see" basis. Expecting people to see other threads, especially those in separate and rarely browsed subforums is a bad idea.

It's a legitimate concern that a two week trial doesn't completely disprove. Image hosting was a problem for years for the previous rerolled and fohguild. And not just in terms of bandwidth, but also liability.

Unrelated: how do we share attached pictures?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Unrelated: how do we share attached pictures?

Currently you do not, this is not imgur. We aren't going to waste bandwidth on your friends.

This is on a trial basis. You have been personally notified.

(P.S. You couldn't do that on rerolled or most any other forum)

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Could this be any more complicated?
You literally just paste a URL into the grey box at the bottom of your screen and it does everything for you ....

The only complication is if you want to do something complicated and know what you want exactly and are just wondering how this forum does it.

Tolan

Member of the Year 2016
<Banned>
You literally just paste a URL into the grey box at the bottom of your screen and it does everything for you ....

The only complication is if you want to do something complicated and know what you want exactly and are just wondering how this forum does it.

Posting a web based image is easy and doesn't require imgur as far as I'm concerned. The problem I'm having lately is attaching an image from my phone's photo folder. I go through the motions and it just takes forever to upload... multiple minutes. What's the fix for that?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Posting a web based image is easy and doesn't require imgur as far as I'm concerned. The problem I'm having lately is attaching an image from my phone's photo folder. I go through the motions and it just takes forever to upload... multiple minutes. What's the fix for that?
The fix for that is make it smaller. I am not hosting your 4k resolution image. So you use ..... imgur.

This is the screenshots section and as I read the logs pretty much 99% of the images linked here on this entire forum are from imgur. The people here in screenshots care about how to do albums and the such.

Your problem is better brought up in the ask amod thread though and not bumping a tutorial post.

Tolan

Member of the Year 2016
<Banned>
The fix for that is make it smaller. I am not hosting your 4k resolution image. So you use ..... imgur.

This is the screenshots section and as I read the logs pretty much 99% of the images linked here on this entire forum are from imgur. The people here in screenshots care about how to do albums and the such.

Your problem is better brought up in the ask amod thread though and not bumping a tutorial post.
How about requiring imgur only for the SS forum then? Otherwise, this seems kind of over-regulated Kim Jong Un style.

Edit: And/or build in a compression script upon upload.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
How about requiring imgur only for the SS forum then? Otherwise, this seems kind of over-regulated Kim Jong Un style.
It's not required at all, not for here and not for anywhere.

Imgur is a suggestion because I am not going to host your huge picture. Go talk about it more in the ask amod thread if you are legit having technical issues.

• 1Nationalist
Reactions: 1 user