Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Set 100 years before BotW. Seperate game not a DLC for BotW. $60 bucks on release on Nov. 20th, 2020

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
meh, another mosou? Don't get the appeal of this genre tbh.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Gave my switch to a pal for his kids, guess this not being botw-style saves me from having to buy a new one.

Trying to use a brand across multiple kinds of games hardly ever works. Blizzard couldn't even turn starcraft into an FPS.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Never understood the appeal of this franchise. Always looks so shallow.

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Despite having never played Dynasty Warriors prior to trying out Hyrule Warriors on Wii U, I had a pretty good time with it, although I'd never played anything like it. What I didn't really like however was that the story of that game was centered around an entirely new character that we couldn't really relate to. However, the trailer for this one looks pretty amazing, I'm loving the art style, and I really like the setting that is a background for the story of Breath of the Wild, showing how life was with the Champions and Link, what led to his stasis in the sarcophagus, etc... it should be a nice prelude to the upcoming 2021 Zelda sequel.

Definitely going to play this one.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
The first one was rereleased on the Switch as well. My roommate and I got a good 30-40 hours out of it.

I played the hell out of Dynasty Warriors with friends in high school about 20 years ago and tried a few of the more recent entries. They didn't grab me as it was the same game with different graphics. I would compare Hyrule Warriors to Total War Warhammer in that it's a breath of fresh air to a stale franchise to branch out into a true fantasy setting with an existing IP.

Hyrule is the exact same musou gameplay as Dynasty or Samurai but it was different enough that it worked for me. Looking forward to this one, especially with the BOTW tie in.