IMPAVIDVM - Skill/Physics Based 3D Puzzle Platformer

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Full Disclosure: I am personal friends with the developer of this game, but I do not get any financial compensation for posting this here. I'm just spreading the word to help him out and bring his game to light, he's worked really really hard on this. This game was coded solely by him, and all the other stuff (3d art, etc) was done by another friend of his.

This is a very skill based 3D puzzle platformer in kind of an old school Prince of Persia vibe with a strong latin theme.. Some of the puzzles are rather complex, but it's a game that is very unforgiving and very difficult, but it's purpose is to be very fair. Did you fall and miss a jump? Most likely you didn't time it properly. Currently they have 6 full levels done, and have a plan for 16 total. Right now there's about 3-4 hours of content in the game or so. It's currently on sale for $4.99 for early access.

There will also be a "speedrunning" mode added to the game in the near future which unlocks after you beat the game, which will allow you to play any specific level you want, and a timer will track your time, and each checkpoint time, etc. The end game goal of this game is to be something that is really fun to speed run while getting good detail on what you did right, what you did wrong during your run to pinpoint how you can improve.

If there's any issues, feel free to post them here I can get feedback directly to the developer to get it fixed/enhanced. He's really focused on making this a speedrun kind of game though, not really super story based and the like, though there is an underlying story it's really just developed through level intros.

Any feedback in general on this game, I will be very happy to send to my friend directly -- and he asks to be honest! If the game sucks, please say it sucks and why. If you like it, please say! If you feel something can/should be improved, or a way to make the game better, I'll pass it on and I know he'll do it. He really wants this game to be something folks will enjoy.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Just bumping this, he decided to drop his early access price to $5 instead of $10. I'm hoping some of you would be willing to give this a shot!

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I watched the trailer and suggest it needs reworked.

The animations are pretty janky and it doesn’t appear to look like it would control very tightly due to the janky animations. For a game that appears to be very much based on timing that would get it refunded very quickly for me personally. He could have also saved time discussing the controls in the trailer. Let people figure that out in the game or make them appear on screen in the first few jumps, it’s kind of silly to put controls in a trailer.

The game talks about complex puzzles but the entire trailer just shows jumping to ledges, and timing is important and that’s it. So I think if he could actually show some pieces of these complex puzzles (no idea what they are, lighting the right torches? Putting something heavy on a button to open a door? Controlling water levels?) it may make for a better trailer.

I can also tell you that unforgiving timing in a platformer on every single ledge isn’t very fun. Maybe like a moving ledge with spikes below it once or twice in a level sure. But if every ledge is timing based...that’s a lot of cheap deaths people won’t want to put up with for long.

All of the above is just based on the trailer and 35 years of me gaming and watching trailers.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, I appreciate the feedback and I'll pass it on.

It's a pretty shitty trailer, but that was pretty early. I'll see if he can make a better one for marketing, and I agree on showing more complex puzzles. I'll post the new one when he does it.

The controls are actually pretty decent, but the animations are very physics based. For example, moving left then right, you slow down and turn to the right. You cant jump from one platform to another without running first. It is pretty forgiving on grabbing though, but if you start running toward the edge of the ledge at full speed, you're not going to be able to turn around and snap back the other direction. iirc, he does have like around a 2 second I think leeway between starting your grab control, and the grab actually taking place. Once you're grabbing, holding the grab button will keep you grabbing indefinitely (and letting go drops you to the ground).

Controls are keyboard and controller. I personally like the controller more. If you want to try keyboard, make sure you change the settings to modern controls (He was supposed to change that to default but he didnt in his last update).

Here's a video of me playing it, though I'm not very good. When I die I just use the reload last checkpoint hotkey. The game is very smooth, but the recording is a little choppy. Sorry about that. I was having issues with my headset continually disconnecting on me while recording.

edit: see below for a better video

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
I was actually more interested before I watched your video. Seems like the ledge grip/pullup animation needs to be 2-3x faster cause it felt like half the video was just watching you make a jump and hang there for a second before pulling yourself up to a ledge.

There's definitely a market for scuffed platformers, look at something like ALT-F4 or Getting Over It, but this just looks like an unfun experience, especially playing blind and having to repeat the sections multiple times.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If you're a woman born with massive melons I don't recommend pursuing a career of climbing up ledges or you risk mastectomy.

If you're a game developer looking to exploit a niche gameplay market I don't recommend trying to build a game engine from scratch or whatever this R&A Core is. It's 2021, use Unity or Unreal unless you've got a large team of devs dedicated to engine creation.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This thread would probably help this guy make money if he’ll listen. He should call it Beta, get feedback, make changes, and make money.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
This thread would probably help this guy make money if he’ll listen. He should call it Beta, get feedback, make changes, and make money.
If you're a woman born with massive melons I don't recommend pursuing a career of climbing up ledges or you risk mastectomy.

If you're a game developer looking to exploit a niche gameplay market I don't recommend trying to build a game engine from scratch or whatever this R&A Core is. It's 2021, use Unity or Unreal unless you've got a large team of devs dedicated to engine creation.

I'm passing on all the feedback to him, it's up to him to make relevant changes, but I know he wants it to be a fun experience so I know he's taking it seriously. But he doesn't want to stray from the realization that its a real-world physics based platformer, and not a typical platformer where you can move around in unrealistic ways. You can pick male or female at the start of the game. As for R&A Core, that's his company. This guy works in SL with me for my business, and he knows his stuff. He just wanted to go with his own engine for this, shrug. I can't really comment on his reasoning there, maybe because he started this awhile ago I don't know.

He's going to make an actual decent video than my sub-par gameplaying, he tells me, so I'll post it when he does heh. He agreed with "you spend too much time on ledges", and he said I sucked at the game. heh. But I'm not very good at platformers.

He's told me he'd offer some free keys for it, if someone wanted to give it a try and give it an honest true assessment, and critique it even if its complete garbage in your mind, he would like to know what he can do to make the game better. If you want a key to try it and give honest opinion let me know.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
But he doesn't want to stray from the realization that its a real-world physics based platformer, and not a typical platformer where you can move around in unrealistic ways.
Look, I know you're stepping up for your buddy, but it's a platformer where a big tittied bitch is climbing up hanging ledges. Do you know how hard that is, much less when you've got giant bazingas blocking your movement? Have him do a muscle up in front of you and then ask him about realistic climbing games.

If your buddy still wants realism, tell him to watch this vid,

crank a couple out, then forget it and build an unrealistic tech demo if he wants to dick around with a game engine from the 90s.

If he wants to make a game anyone wants to play, he doesn't need to cripple himself by trying to reinvent the wheel.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck off with the titty stuff. Lara Croft had tigoles and climbed like a beast.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Fuck off with the titty stuff. Lara Croft had tigoles and climbed like a beast.
TR_00104r_6_.0.jpg

#notmycroft
200.gif

1476295570-lara-croft.jpg

W0xd.gif

• 1Solidarity

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Make Tuco happy with a difficulty slider that only changes bust size and nothing else. Flat gamers are easy mode retards. Legendary experts bounce and drag and press their tits onward, to victory!

• 1Worf

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Allright, I gave him the feedback, and he saw the video I posted, and told me I played like shit, so he made his own with a debug version to show the input controls. He gets through that level in 3 minutes which took me 11.