Indiana Jones 5 (2020)

kroenen

Regimen Morum

Wilson was hand-picked by director James Mangold to play Agent Mason in the major summer release. After a Zoom meeting with Mangold, she was cast and didn’t even have to audition, but when she received the script, she wanted to implement some changes.

“Well, I don’t want to spoil too much, but my character had a particular way of exiting the film,” Wilson told Variety. “And initially I found it to be a little too offensive and a bit problematic, and I was like, ‘We probably don’t need to say these words or have it done this way, and this is something I’m uncomfortable with.'”
Praising Mangold’s collaboration, Wilson added, “He was like, ‘You know what, you’re completely right, I hear you. That’s something I flagged as well.’ And we were able to work on that."

MCDINJO_WD013.jpg

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Diversity hire is fine with portraying a character that looks straight out of a blaxploitation film though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

View attachment 480980

Funny enough a diversity hire doesn't need any qualifications to play a role.

1688379000586.png

No audition, no test read. Just let ol' Jimbo Faggold know what you think! And let us know if you want to check the diversity box or not for our movie.

• 1Barf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Funny enough a diversity hire doesn't need any qualifications to play a role.

View attachment 480982

No audition, no test read. Just let ol' Jimbo Faggold know what you think! And let us know if you want to check the diversity box or not for our movie.
The finished product and the results speaks for themselves.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
View attachment 480831

The funny thing is, and lesson Hollywood will not learn, is that, if this movie cost a sane amount of money (100 to 150 million?), the narrative would be about how it crushed the competition. But since Hollywood can apparently only make movies they expect to reach a billion dollars and has to release one a week, they are just destined to lose their asses every week this summer.

Same with that Mermaid/Kraken movie that made like 50 bucks this weekend. By all accounts, its fine. But they released it the SAME GOD DAMN MONTH as 2 other animated movies. Families don't have the money or bandwidth to see 3 movies in 5 weeks. Why not release it in like september Dreamworks? Why battle with Sony and Disney/Pixar?

And back to Indy, there is a copium argument that some of that huge budget will be money saved on future movies, cause it was money spent on them trying how to make Ford not look ancient in the flashback scenes. They apparently made some new techs out of it that will be usable on all the other times they want to pull an actor out of their grave for one last ride. Basically R&D costs. I don't know how true that is or what it costs, but LucasFilm's de-aging has matured leaps and bounds in the last few years, so I assume there is some truth to it.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So needs min 900 mil to break even
yup, but its not always split in half between studios and the theaters. they get half in the first weekend and a smaller % each weekend after. in 3 or 4 weeks it might only be 40%. in foreign markets, that split might even be more severe. thats why its so important for the studios to have a huge hit in the first 2 weeks.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
they claimed they made that back with Rise of Palpatine.
That doesn't make sense, I think they are lying or playing word/accounting games. Yes, the trio of films grossed like 4.5 billion but they spent 1.5 billion making those movies at least. Then there is the theme park, Solo, Willow, abysmal toy sales, that disaster of a resort, less than stellar performance of the tv-serieseseses, operating costs of just paying the people working for LucasArts, and now the box office success of Indy 5?

I imagine they may not have actually made back their initial investment as net profit.

Then again maybe I am just blinded by my hatred for Disney these days.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That doesn't make sense, I think they are lying or playing word/accounting games. Yes, the trio of films grossed like 4.5 billion but they spent 1.5 billion making those movies at least. Then there is the theme park, Solo, Willow, abysmal toy sales, that disaster of a resort, less than stellar performance of the tv-serieseseses, operating costs of just paying the people working for LucasArts, and now the box office success of Indy 5?

I imagine they may not have actually made back their initial investment as net profit.

from 2018. before rise of Palpy. also take that with a grain of salt because Disney cooks the books

Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm six years ago apparently was a galactically good investment, it turns out.
The $4.05 billion deal was announced in 2012. Disney has made over $4.8 billion from the four Star Wars films released since then, and that's not counting licensing and merchandise deals, CNBC reports.

Disney did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Same with that Mermaid/Kraken movie that made like 50 bucks this weekend. By all accounts, its fine. But they released it the SAME GOD DAMN MONTH as 2 other animated movies. Families don't have the money or bandwidth to see 3 movies in 5 weeks

The name couldn’t have helped either

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Ninth largest opening of the year so far is a hell of an indictment for the final Indiana Jones film. it's like to have a huge drop drop weekend to weekend and that'll be that.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

They still make plenty of money on things that aren't new trilogy related

spronk

FPS noob
Star Wars is the fifth highest grossing franchise of all time and the estimated value of franchise IP is currently around $70 billion. Disney probably did vastly overpay for Fox though - $71b.

Anyways saw a cam of this movie. The first 20 minutes of this movie is pretty good, a made for D+ Indy short. After that its a dumpster fire. Holy shit is Phoebe Waller JewNose an annoying cunt. Is it just the cam version or does the new kid sidekick have downs. If you ever watch at home watch the first 20 minutes and walk away. I thought Uncharted was bad but damn this makes it look like gran cinema.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Just saw a commercial for Applebees. Spend 35 and get a ticket for Indy 5.

Sad Michael Scott GIF

• 4Worf
  • 2Great Review
Reactions: 5 users