Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)

Tagline: If adventure has a name... it must be Indiana Jones.

Genre: Adventure, Action

Director: Steven Spielberg

Cast: Harrison Ford, Kate Capshaw, Jonathan Ke Quan, Amrish Puri, Roshan Seth, Philip Stone, Roy Chiao, David Yip, Ric Young, Chua Kah Joo, Rex Ngui, Philip Tan, Dan Aykroyd, Akio Mitamura, Michael Yama, D.R. Nanayakkara, Dharmadasa Kuruppu, Stany De Silva, Ruby de Mel, Denavaka Hamine, Iranganie Serasinghe, Dharshana Panangala, Raj Singh, Frank Olegario, Ahmed El Shenawi, Arthur F. Repola, Nizwar Karanj, Pat Roach, Moti Makan, Mellan Mitchell, Bhasker Patel, Arjun Pandher, Zia Gelani, Debbie Astell, Maureen Bacchus, Corinne Barton, Carol Beddington, Sharon Boone, Elizabeth Burville, Marisa Campbell, Christine Cartwright, Andrea Chance, Jan Colton, Louise Dalgleish, Lorraine Doyle, Vanessa Fieldwright, Brenda Glassman, Elaine Gough, Sue Hadleigh, Sarah-Jane Hassell, Samantha Hughes, Julie Kirk, Deirdre Laird, Vicki McDonald, Nina McMahon, Julia Marstand, Gaynor Martine, Lisa Mulidore, Dawn Reddall, Rebekkah Sekyi, Clare Smalley, Lee Sprintall, Jenny Turnock, Ruth Welby, Yash Agnihotri, Dickey Beer, Kenneth Coombs, Sid Ganis, Billy Horrigan, Kathleen Kennedy, Brad Kesten, Alex Klaus, Katie Leigh, Patrick Loh, George Lucas, Tress MacNeille, Frank Marshall, Anthony Powell, Steven Spielberg, Guy Standeven, Ron Taylor

Release: 1984-05-23

Runtime: 118

Plot: After arriving in India, Indiana Jones is asked by a desperate village to find a mystical stone. He agrees – and stumbles upon a secret cult plotting a terrible plan in the catacombs of an ancient palace.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I just watched this again tonight. its still a fucking awesome and hilarious film. i remember going to see this opening weekend, the entire theater is full of us kids. every impossible situation Indy gets into and out of the movie theater erupted with cheers and laughter, easily the best theater experience i have ever had. i was so jazzed at the end of the film, that i said, well shit. i need to see that again. i paid to see this with my allowance money and so it was just me there. and i sure as hell watched it again and most of the other kids as well. it was even louder with cheers and clapping the second time. what a wonderful time i had. later on when it came to cable i watched it again because i missed a lot of the dialogue and then i watched it again and again. my favorite indy movie. after all these years if nobody has seen this movie. stop what you're doing and check it out.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
GA LIII MA
that guy was a cool villain and so was his massive henchman. its basically a rehash of Raiders of the Lost Ark. but a lot more fun. I'm honestly thinking about throwing it back on again, i need to stop myself from doing these things, i watched Super Fuzz a few months ago and i threw it back on the next day and then halfway through the second viewing i had to make a conscious effort to remind myself that i wasnt 12 anymore watching the same HBO movies every day after school. so i shut it off. lol ,i am such a nerd sometimes, i embarrass myself.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Chilled monkey brains. It's a classic.
download (2).gif

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Love it. You will never see non westerners portrayed so backwards or grotesque in this century.
story goes that Lucas had planned on shooting on location in India, but when they read what the movie was about, the thuggee cult and the crazy shit. they told Lucas to fuck off. so he ended up filming somewhere else, he may have added those scenes as an extra fuck you to India. it wouldnt surprise me cuz Lucas would do something like that. that movie pulled no punches, only some other films in the 80s were like this, after the 80s, things started getting repressed and sanitized.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Cybsled

The fact the scene in the bug hallway used real bugs is the real NOPE of that movie lol

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The fact the scene in the bug hallway used real bugs is the real NOPE of that movie lol
they used ALL the bugs. some i had never seen before or since. i dont even know what the the fuck that scorpion looking thing was.

i honestly wouldnt have been within 2 miles of those bugs, i saw the making of Temple of Doom when it came out, and they used a lot of double or dummies. still that shit is fucked up.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
they used ALL the bugs. some i had never seen before or since. i dont even know what the the fuck that scorpion looking thing was.

i honestly wouldnt have been within 2 miles of those bugs, i saw the making of Temple of Doom when it came out, and they used a lot of double or dummies. still that shit is fucked up.

I still have the occasional reoccurring nightmare about that scene and it is almost 40 years (holy fuck that is unbelievable) later...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I still have the occasional reoccurring nightmare about that scene and it is almost 40 years (holy fuck that is unbelievable) later...
Extatosoma tiaratum
Scolopendra subspinipes
Gromphadorhina portentosa

I think that makes up the majority of the bugs there. They are all pretty common, and only the centipedes are a threat of any kind.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Movie is no Raiders but I enjoyed it immensely for what it is. Plus you know the man has some real pull to get a whole new rating created so he didn't have to neuter the movie too much.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
This is my second favorite Indy movie. People always seem to shit on it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
This one ranks just barely ahead of the 4th one (the crystal skull one). With that being said it would have been soooo much better if that stupid bitch didnt spend the entire movie doing nothing but screaming, I was actually rooting for her heart to get ripped out. God damn I hated that woman.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
1621205292124.png

Kaliiimaaaaaa!

Very underrated movie, just fun. Love it.

• 4Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database