Insomnia

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Sleep hygiene is super important. If you haven't heard the term before, look it up. Basically it's shit like "no TV or other screens for 90 minutes before you want to fall asleep", "get more exercise", "don't use your bed for anything BUT sleeping", and so on. I do occasionally have trouble sleeping, and most of my problems falling asleep are because of bad habits. Not any true insomnia. I would imagine that coffee and/or energy drink consumption plays a HUGE role in a lot of people's problems with sleep, as well.

As far as weed goes, I definitely find that it helps me fall asleep. But I also find that I typically wake up feeling somewhat less refreshed than if I'd fallen asleep sober. I find 6 hours of sober sleep to be as restful as 8 hours of weed induced sleep, personally.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I am going to have to figure out this shit. I have increased my exercise to daily, try not to do too late in the day, am active throughout the day; eat well, stay hydrated. Have a cool, quiet and dark bedroom. But fuck all wake up throughout the night and if I get more than 4 hours of sleep it is a good thing. I am guessing it's my old lady hormones, the assholes.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
I am going to have to figure out this shit. I have increased my exercise to daily, try not to do too late in the day, am active throughout the day; eat well, stay hydrated. Have a cool, quiet and dark bedroom. But fuck all wake up throughout the night and if I get more than 4 hours of sleep it is a good thing. I am guessing it's my old lady hormones, the assholes.

You mention already having tried Melatonin with some limited success so you can keep trying that as I find it helps a bit with the staying asleep for the entire night. Keep up with working out, drinking lots of water, avoid caffeine in the evenings, and try to taper off your usage of TV or tablets/phones closer to bed as those can wake you up more.

When you wake up do you find you can't get back to sleep because you're no longer tired, or because your mind starts running, or something else? Keeping a journal or doing some short meditation (10-15 minutes) each day can help.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user