Interstellar (2014)

spronk

FPS noob
astronauts are already supposed to be selected for being able to handle loneliness, depression, lack of sky, etc better than average humans. although obviously matt damon and the female astronaut who famously went on a cross country spree for her lover are counter indicators. there are tons of humans in places like japan and world of warcraft (HAH) who go for months and years without anything but virtual human contact.

all right all right all right
AMC to offer Interstellar Unlimited ticket; See the film as many times as you want | Nerdacy

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I really like this movie, however I will agree my suspension of disbelief got hung up on the "oh a missing 124 year old astronaut" welcome back to people btw no one cares about you or your adventure. 5th Demension I can handle, lack of human curiosity and wonder I can not.

I also need someone to explain to me the following:

What was Coopers full name? Was Cooper his last name or his first? It has to be his last name because they all had last names written on their space suits, but then Tom names his son after his father and calls him Coop. So did Tom really name his son after his father by giving him the same first name as the presumable family name? Coop Cooper?

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
What was Coopers full name? Was Cooper his last name or his first? It has to be his last name because they all had last names written on their space suits, but then Tom names his son after his father and calls him Coop. So did Tom really name his son after his father by giving him the same first name as the presumable family name? Coop Cooper?
Correct me if im wrong but did any of the astronauts have first names in the movie?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Amelia Brand was the only one that was mentioned that I can recall, even if they did not mentioned her first name, the Brand name was clearly the surname as her father was in the film, not to mention the DR and Proff titles. I think Dr Mann had a first name mentioned but I do not recall it.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, they were trying to pull a twist I guess, with the daughter actually being the hero, but while that can work, this idea that the father was barely a story at all is ridiculous.

Your example with Amelia Earhart randomly showing up is great.
um no only like 5 people on earth even knew the project existed or that they were sending the space shuttle off in to space. Everyone else was busy farming corn.

A correct analogy would be if the monkey we sent out into space got lost and landed a hundred years later after everyone forgot we sent a monkey into space. Oh, um, cool I guess?

His daughter is Amelia Earhart. He is a nobody.

khalid

Unelected Mod
His daughter is Amelia Earhart. He is a nobody.
He is a "nobody" who appeared out of nowhere from the wormhole they are about to go in. Who it turns out also happens to be the father of their Einstein? You don't think that would be a story? Goddamn, you are going full retard.

btw, I really liked the movie, but that shit just didn't make any sense.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
He is a "nobody" who appeared out of nowhere from the wormhole they are about to go in. Who it turns out also happens to be the father of their Einstein? You don't think that would be a story? Goddamn, you are going full retard.

btw, I really liked the movie, but that shit just didn't make any sense.
You would think the 124 year old man that looks 34 would be a story in itself....

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think they said it was like 2 days after they found him that he takes off in his X-Wing for Brand. If they don't tell the public about him, which they obviously didn't, there wouldn't be much time for a big fuss from the public.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
The problem is you're trying to make sense of a Christopher Nolan screenplay. He's like Shakespeare with Down's Syndrome.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
If this is you dislocated in time would you track your calendar age or physical age? Since everyone I cared about is practically dead I'd probably just track physical age.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
That's an interesting question, I suppose in the back of your head you'd always know how old you really are but if you're body is no where near that age then I'm sure you'd act as your body would let you.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Joseph A. Cooper

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Tom Cooper is the first born child of Cooper, however, as he matured Tom took more toward the agrarian lifestyle of his father as opposed to Murph who inherited their fathers drive to explore the unknown. Around the time he graduated high school he met his future wife Lois Cooper, whom gave birth to their first child Jesse. However, their newborn did not survive.They did have a second child nicknamed "Coop".
Who the fuck calls their child by a nicknamed derived by the family surname?It is parallel to having your parents address you buy your last name only?.Fucking weirdo?s.

Still a great movie that I will enjoy on Blue ray.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who the fuck calls their child by a nicknamed derived by the family surname?It is parallel to having your parents address you buy your last name only?.Fucking weirdo?s.

Still a great movie that I will enjoy on Blue ray.
I know a few people who have nicknames based on their last name.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Who the fuck calls their child by a nicknamed derived by the family surname.It is parallel to having your parents address you buy your last name only..Fucking weirdo's.
Lots of people. Some have shitty first names like Todd or Kenneth.