a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Into the Night

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2020-05-01

Creator: Jason George

Cast: Pauline Étienne, Laurent Capelluto, Stefano Cassetti, Jan Bijvoet, Mehmet Kurtuluş, Edwin Thomas, Alba Gaïa Bellugi, Astrid Whettnall, Ksawery Szlenkier

Overview: When the sun suddenly starts killing everything in its path, passengers on an overnight flight from Brussels attempt to survive by any means necessary.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
There's definitely a few "you didn't notice it, but your brain did" moments, but it's well-acted, believable in spite of being completely outlandish. There's a laundry list of things that go wrong on top of the main premise, though it doesn't come across as a "comedy of errors". I was also able to watch it in one sitting.
Pilot is missing with an alternative air force pilot who was planning to kill herself after spreading her dead ex's ashes, a kid with cystic fibrosis and on oxygen whose mother has one kidney, an old man with anemia, internet on the plane is down, communications console shot, they pick up three dudes who are on trial for sexual assault... and that's not even half of it.
Photek does the music, which I dig.

Caliane

i didnt love this. I would't really recommend.

I think the script has a few major flaws. like, as is, all life on Earth is 100% fucked. so, the story as is, should be about these people coping with the fact they are the last humans on Earth alive, and really are also going to go quietly.. into the night. and I couldn't ever really give much of a shit, knowing they are all dead anyway.
if they wanted to keep the action script as is, they should have established underground IS safe. so, lots of people will survive. But, THEY can't get to a bunker fast enough. Its not like there are just bunkers everywhere next to airports. so, need to stay ahead dawn, to stay out of the sunlight, to get to a bunker they know about. plants, and other animals would still be dead too, so still fucked in that situation as well..
or, just have the solar flare last 6 hours, so Europe is fucked, but not the entire world. and then just rewrite the script keeping that time frame in mind.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
i didnt love this. I would't really recommend.

I think the script has a few major flaws. like, as is, all life on Earth is 100% fucked. so, the story as is, should be about these people coping with the fact they are the last humans on Earth alive, and really are also going to go quietly.. into the night. and I couldn't ever really give much of a shit, knowing they are all dead anyway.
if they wanted to keep the action script as is, they should have established underground IS safe. so, lots of people will survive. But, THEY can't get to a bunker fast enough. Its not like there are just bunkers everywhere next to airports. so, need to stay ahead dawn, to stay out of the sunlight, to get to a bunker they know about. plants, and other animals would still be dead too, so still fucked in that situation as well..
or, just have the solar flare last 6 hours, so Europe is fucked, but not the entire world. and then just rewrite the script keeping that time frame in mind.
Did you finish it? They answer a lot of your questions.

They had two location options. The Mars habitat, which ended up being incomplete. Then ultimately the NATO bunker under the dam, which ended up being safe (people were still alive after two cycles around the planet). All plant life and fish were probably fucked unless they were under X number of meters in the water. We don't know what the specific exposure amount is, just that it's enough to kill humans pretty readily. That one badger or whatever the fuck that was seemed to have survived in a backpack, which was weird. We only saw fruits being affected, but not canned foods. If exposure is low enough, some seeds could have survived*. Plant cells are stronger than animal cells.
* Gamma radiation effects on seed germination, growth and pigment content, and ESR study of induced free radicals in maize (Zea mays)

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
The lady and I started this tonight. She thought it was kinda dumb, and so I said I was gonna finish it without her (thanks quarantine for letting me work remotely 24/7), and she said to hold off. if that gives any inkling that there is a bit of potential in the first 2 episodes at least.

It's interesting so far and a short 6 episodes. Gonna finish it tomorrow.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Langoliers II?

Would have been much better if it was langoliers 2 , this show is shit tier and I'm a worse human being after fast forwarding through the 6 or whatever episodes. Steer clear.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users
TV show information provided by The Movie Database