Investing General Discussion

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Selling my shares of CRM Monday. They've only returned me 6% over the last year in anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
Could be a game changer.

I’m skeptical. Cargo ship crew is 90% watching for other ships operating with transponders off and to deter pirates. And pirates are still very much a thing in se Asia. If a cargo ship isn’t doing anything to resist it suddenly becomes a million times easier to board. Basically I don’t see this being a thing in non protected waters. Way too much money to put on the line over what are mostly slaves crews to begin with.

• 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I’m skeptical. Cargo ship crew is 90% watching for other ships operating with transponders off and to deter pirates. And pirates are still very much a thing in se Asia. If a cargo ship isn’t doing anything to resist it suddenly becomes a million times easier to board. Basically I don’t see this being a thing in non protected waters. Way too much money to put on the line over what are mostly slaves crews to begin with.
they'd have to have security

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

I don't know, you could lock down access to pretty much all systems on an autonomous ship. Even if pirates board, what are they going to do, unload 20k containers, full of shit they can't sell, on a ship going 20 knots that you can't slow down or stop?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
I don't know, you could lock down access to pretty much all systems on an autonomous ship. Even if pirates board, what are they going to do unload 20k containers on a container ship going 20 knots that you can't slow down or stop?
They probably would do something like foul the prop to set it adrift and then go smash loot boxes. The goal doesn’t have to be to steal the ship. Finding a dozen flip flop people to man your ship isn’t exactly a big cost in terms of the security it provides by having someone there who can put the engine at max speed and make the water around the ship way worse and the whole prospect of boarding or disabling the ship far more difficult.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
They probably would do something like foul the prop to set it adrift and then go smash loot boxes. The goal doesn’t have to be to steal the ship. Finding a dozen flip flop people to man your ship isn’t exactly a big cost in terms of the security it provides by having someone there who can put the engine at max speed and make the water around the ship way worse and the whole prospect of boarding or disabling the ship far more difficult.

it's hard as fuck to foul a prop and there's engineered solutions for that anyways

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The ship won't be the only thing automated...

R.jpeg-6.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Question for you experienced traders: what is your strategy for exiting a position? Both on the initial buy--in and after the run-up. Dude I've been listening to on YouTube says he keeps his trades at a 2% loss at most. But I'm thinking that's so narrow that wouldn't any minor fluctuations in price would trigger that exit?

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Question for you experienced traders: what is your strategy for exiting a position? Both on the initial buy--in and after the run-up. Dude I've been listening to on YouTube says he keeps his trades at a 2% loss at most. But I'm thinking that's so narrow that wouldn't any minor fluctuations in price would trigger that exit?
I almost never buy anything I wouldn't mind holding as a long term investment. That being said, I will hold and reevaluate my positions at a 10% down point. The market is just too volatile for anything less than that in my opinion. At 10% down I look to see if I made a mistake in my analysis or if something fundamental changed with the company.

Even with 10% I have had multiple exits where the stock recovered to plowed up to new highs after I sold. CVS is an example.

Day/swing trading is another animal entirely.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Volatility and your risk tolerance will factor into this. If you want to risk higher returns you have to set a lower stop loss so you don't get stopped out as often. Volatility of the stock matters as well as some stocks barely move a 1% a day where some like PLTR can move 3-5% daily

• 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Depends, are you day trading? Stop should be based on volatility.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Day trade needs to consider risk vs reward. 2:1 profit:loss or better. Peferably >3:1. Using very strong technical support / resistance levels to base your entries upon. Can't just randomly enter trades and expect to manage r/r. Something roughly like this:

Risk Management.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally back home on my trading desk. Working with 4x27" monitors and snappy eSignal charting on my desktop PC seems a luxury compared to my travel laptop trading with 2x USB monitor setup. Good to be home!

As far as the markets this week:

Gotta be honest, I was really hoping for the big index rug pull today after Friday afternoon's accellerated selling. Seeing us gap up this morning sucks. We need to test some real lows again for me to feel comfortable taking any significant longer term positions. Sitting on about 90% cash in my swing account.

Day trades look fairly dead today for me. It's quiet out there.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Finally back home on my trading desk. Working with 4x27" monitors and snappy eSignal charting on my desktop PC seems a luxury compared to my travel laptop trading with 2x USB monitor setup. Good to be home!

Gotta be honest, I was really hoping for the big index rug pull today after Friday afternoon's accellerated selling. Seeing us gap up this morning sucks. We need to test some real lows again for me to feel comfortable taking any significant longer term positions. Sitting on about 90% cash in my swing account.

BTFD!!!!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

I'm still holding onto my prediction of a 10% (or more now that it's gone up so much) correction in late September or early to mid-October.