Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jeez. I go out for an hour to pick up my car from service, come home and F is up 12.5%.

Tomorrow, Ford will be reporting Q4 and yearly sales. If it is anything like GM just reported today (-43% sales year/year), this could be a short opportunity.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Jeez. I go out for an hour to pick up my car from service, come home and F is up 12.5%.

Tomorrow, Ford will be reporting Q4 and yearly sales. If it is anything like GM just reported today (-43% sales year/year), this could be a short opportunity.
One of my new years resolutions is to stop going back to the well on trades that I flipped for profit. I made money on F and am leaving it alone this time around.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Sometimes I am talking (posting) thoughts out loud.. looking at GM chart today, it recovered the stock price on the news and then some.

Wacky markets going to continue to be wacky. No trade here.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really want these shares back. :mad:

(Jan 2021)
01/13 FORD MTR CO DEL COM You Bought 1,400 @ $9.285
01/13 FORD MTR CO DEL COM You Bought 2,600 @ $9.29

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really want these shares back. :mad:

(Jan 2021)
01/13 FORD MTR CO DEL COM You Bought 1,400 @ $9.285
01/13 FORD MTR CO DEL COM You Bought 2,600 @ $9.29
Damnnn. I bought 100 @ just over $4 right after covid still have them, wish I’d got more obviously lol.

• 1Tendies

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone in it for a trade would have sold up 100% anyone in it for the next 5 yrs it's a meh. The only movement I care about is the occasional earnings report that outperforms because they are executing. SHort term trend is broken, markets love affair with metaverse currently on hold. Can't help to look at highly volatile positions sometimes but to be honest there is zero reason to even be looking at a position you bought for 2025. And if people wanted to get rich quick and didn't sell a 100% move then I don't want to tell them.

I missed 100% but sold it in pieces on it's way down for like 30%

What's a good buy back # for a trade, or is that pretty much unknowable with something like mttr right now?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>

What's a good buy back # for a trade, or is that pretty much unknowable with something like mttr right now?
It *should* hold this level in the high teens. I would be comfortable starting or adding to a position at $18. But this is a size stock that it could be $13 in a flash so people need to size accordingly. It is under 1% of my stock portfolio, someone goes and loads up something like a 20+% position then they better have a stomach for some serious volatility.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It *should* hold this level in the high teens. I would be comfortable starting or adding to a position at $18. But this is a size stock that it could be $13 in a flash so people need to size accordingly. It is under 1% of my stock portfolio, someone goes and loads up something like a 20+% position then they better have a stomach for some serious volatility.
Scared Roller Coaster GIF

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Personally, I have had my eye on the 200D MA (currently at 17.45). You've also got an ascending support trend line sitting just under that at about 17.35. (TL from 13May2021. This zone is a (safer) place for entry, however, as Blazin said this can get blown out and hunt for lows. It recently had a ton of liquidity support sitting at $20 but got blown away quite quickly. Since giving that up yesterday, we have basically legged down to the current $18 level.

Be cautious.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Personally, I have had my eye on the 200D MA (currently at 17.45). You've also got an ascending support trend line sitting just under that at about 17.35. (TL from 13May2021. This zone is a (safer) place for entry, however, as Blazin said this can get blown out and hunt for lows. It recently had a ton of liquidity support sitting at $20 but got blown away quite quickly. Since giving that up yesterday, we have basically legged down to the current $18 level.

Be cautious.
Never forget....

NKLA

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd love to get back to even on PLTR again. I think it took me like 5 months last time. Then like a retard I bought a small drop, and it's been in the shitter ever since.

• 2Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fucking A. UAL up 5% since I sold Thursday.

Although with today's close PYPL is now .3% below what I sold it at.
My gut feeling is you are going to be seeing more money leave stocks with sky high valuations and rotate into stocks with less sky high valuations. All those stocks no one wanted to buy last year that produce $10 or $15 dollars of EPS are looking a little more tasty about now.

• 1Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Question for the experts: what's the difference between QQQ (Nasdaq ETF, AFAIK) and TQQQ?

From what I can see, TQ looks like it's a collection of the major Wall st firm's NASDAQ holdings + some APPL, and that's it's roughly 50% of the price of QQQ and thus moves at double the rate of QQQ. Is that it or am I missing something else? What would be the advantages and disadvantages of 1 vs the other? Thanks!