Investing General Discussion

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Cathie made me some decent money, but that poor bitch has taken a beating lately

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
How can ADP and BLS have jobs numbers this far apart:

ADP December: 807,000 jobs

BLS December: Only 199,000 jobs but unemployment falling to 3.9%

Something is fucky.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How can ADP and BLS have jobs numbers this far apart:

ADP December: 807,000 jobs

BLS December: Only 199,000 jobs but unemployment falling to 3.9%

Something is fucky.
One is the gubmint.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's like they want the jobs numbers to look shitty for some reason. Because everyone knows the jobs numbers are not really this low.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It's like they want the jobs numbers to look shitty for some reason. Because everyone knows the jobs numbers are not really this low.
The worse the job numbers are the hope is that the Fed will delay rate hike in March

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Boomer stock alert.

UNH
Had a nice run up and is showing some weakness the last few days. the 100-DMA is $442 and the 200-DMA is $422. It hasnt breached the 200-DMA since Black Monday. I will be adding if it hits the 100-DMA. Its PE is a bit high since it has such a nice run but the earnings are wonderful.

1641567722906.png

1641567746764.png

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been scaling in and out of NCLH Mar 22.5C options. My IRA is up 17% realized gains YTD. Only used 25% of my cash Buying Power.

Options really are the crack of the trading world.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My gut says we have 1-2 more weeks maximum before Omicron burnout. (No one left to infect here in the UK) The USA will likely lag this data by a bit. Once infection numbers start to come down, I think we get the real travel relief move. Yet keep in mind, hospitalizations are a trailing indicator. Once those come down (3-4 weeks?), I think we are truly off to the races.

Withstanding external market factors, obviously.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
Been scaling in and out of NCLH Mar 22.5C options. My IRA is up 17% realized gains YTD. Only used 25% of my cash Buying Power.

Options really are the crack of the trading world.
lol. This. Add that to the fact that the money rolls over on a cash account the next day vs 3 days and it really increases a traders cash flow capabilities on non margin accounts.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
1.2 billion LCID shares unlock on 1/18. I believe a lot are saudi shares, but the unlock could still spook some people. Thinking about buying 1/28 puts

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1.2 billion LCID shares unlock on 1/18. I believe a lot are saudi shares, but the unlock could still spook some people. Thinking about buying 1/28 puts
I'm not near my computer, what's the option chain like like?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd hold off on buying right now, its currently knocking at 42 and 41 has been the resistance for the last month. If it closes over it might continue the break out.

• 1Like

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Green at the top on ToS means real trades, brown means paper. $873 on BABA today in about an hour.

I really shit the bed my first two trading days back from vacation. I review the tape, and I would have made the opposite trades. This is why I don't trust myself yet. The tape says I traded like an idiot on Tuesday and Wednesday. If I showed you my trades those two days, and you had a rudimentary knowledge of TA, you'd ask me WTF I was thinking.

All I can do is log WTH happened. I tried to trade from the hotel room with a bunch of screaming kids, and got very little sleep the next day (plane came in late and I had to be up early to meet Employees). I couldn't find shares to short until I got on the HTB program (I can now). I tried to scalp in windows that were too tight. I was impatient.

So I lost about 3,700 (real money) my first two trading days, but made 3,100 since then. Trying to be very careful about revenge trading. I am being more aggressive to get out of a hole, but that can end in disaster. Next week will be more chill. These last two days, I've been trying to hit home runs to make up for getting shut out the first two days of trading.

I haven't had a two day stretch like that in maybe six months. Kinda wanted to make me throw in the towel, to be honest. I think I've corrected my mistakes.

I really have not wanted to look at my mistakes. I wanted to bury my head in the sand and move on. But then I'll make the same damn mistakes. You have to look, no matter how painful it is.

InkedBABA 1-7a_LI.jpg

InkedBABA 1-7c_LI.jpg

InkedBABA 1-7d_LI.jpg

Last edited: