Investing General Discussion

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Great friend of mine has dubbed the last month as "a bear market masquerading as a bull market", which I find perfect considering how many names are 20+% down off of all time highs, while the indexes have traded near all time highs. There are a few outsized weightings (AAPL being main culprit) that have held the indexs aloft, while under the surface, more names have been absolutely demolished.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Great friend of mine has dubbed the last month as "a bear market masquerading as a bull market", which I find perfect considering how many names are 20+% down off of all time highs, while the indexes have traded near all time highs. There are a few outsized weightings (AAPL being main culprit) that have held the indexs aloft, while under the surface, more names have been absolutely demolished.
I've posted him a few times in here but guy I watch on YouTube has been saying it's all market manipulation via options for about two months now.

Easy to do with such retarded valuations like a aapl or tsla.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Because it excludes Comms companies like GOOG and FB, FTEC tracks a little differently than QQQ. We closed just above the 100-DMA on Friday. I won't be surprised to see a quick drop down to $126 at/near the open.

Like clockwork.

1641825701933.png

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
All they talked about was CAPM in 2009 when I went, too. Although I didn't go to a fancy T1 business school like you, so that could account for that.
The difference between undergrad and grad was this:

undergrad: We are only going to talk about CAPM
grad: We aren't talking much about CAPM

I learned so much more in grad school from people that actually ran funds, versus people that were career students and only invested from what they learned in the textbooks.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm old. I remember when they used to teach Capital Asset Pricing Model and ignored everything else. My first degree was in the early 90s from Penn State. Technicals weren't even an issue. All the Profs did was talk about CAPM until your ears bled. How boring.

Later, if you mentioned technicals, they laughed you out of the room. I used to tell people they didn't know jack using that technical voodoo. But things have changed.

The technicals vs fundamentals issue used to make for a pretty big argument among Finance types. In the early 2000s, if you wanted to start a no-holds barred argument, say one was better than the other and run.
I graduated with a degree in Finance in 99

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
PYPL set new 52 week low. Feel like the worlds smartest person selling it at 191whatever.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Feel retarded but can't figure out how to show 100 and 200 DMA on Fidelity. I would LIKE to convert my standard account back to mostly all indexes and would like to set some buys at close to 200 in IVV or something.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Feel retarded but can't figure out how to show 100 and 200 DMA on Fidelity. I would LIKE to convert my standard account back to mostly all indexes and would like to set some buys at close to 200 in IVV or something.
Using the Fidelity trader pro app on the desktop I assume?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1641831345468.png

And then slide to the right to Simple Moving Average.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Saw this on twitter just now

View attachment 392254
And that's realistic. I remember when I got out of college and interviewed with a brokerage firm. Guy flat out told me he didn't care about my grades, he only cared how much money I wanted to make, and how hard I'd work. He offered me a job on the spot, but only if I wanted to be rich. I kinda ignored the guy after that, because he seemed a little too coked up. And NYC is expensive!