Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Everything gets magnified 1000x % in todays media.
I hate the media maybe more than anything, like I want to put my ss uniform on and stomp heads kind of hate. However, my suggestion to you is that you fight this urge to think that everything we experience is a sea change from history. Or put another way, your perception of media magnification is also likely amplified. Read some Twain on the media, the dynamics we complain about aren't new. Our obsession with the news of the day isn't new either. Again just like the trading it's much faster now, but Western society was absolutely glued to their newspaper before electricity was even invented and town criers before that and the rumor mills in pubs and royal courts before that. While I'd Lithose your ear off in person I'm not particularly inclined to being verbose online plus its probably not well suited to this thread but I'll leave you with the general idea of trying to understand human behavior, it's cycles, what drives it and less time on getting caught up on it's tidal motion in the moment. The more things change the more they stay the same. It's all a hysterical comedy of Humanity the Play being orchestrated for generation upon generation with exciting prop changes on each re enactment.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hmmm. Medical treatment might kind of skyrocket the inflation then. Just guessing lol. Solid plan I guess, we don't need better economic policy just need fewer people. Good thing that's just Joe Blow off the street making those comments.
Not sure if serious but Stalingrad and Poorski is a satire account. I fear I need to make sure you know that.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I hate the media maybe more than anything, like I want to put my ss uniform on and stomp heads kind of hate. However, my suggestion to you is that you fight this urge to think that everything we experience is a sea change from history. Or put another way, your perception of media magnification is also likely amplified. Read some Twain on the media, the dynamics we complain about aren't new. Our obsession with the news of the day isn't new either. Again just like the trading it's much faster now, but Western society was absolutely glued to their newspaper before electricity was even invented and town criers before that and the rumor mills in pubs and royal courts before that. While I'd Lithose your ear off in person I'm not particularly inclined to being verbose online plus its probably not well suited to this thread but I'll leave you with the general idea of trying to understand human behavior, it's cycles, what drives it and less time on getting caught up on it's tidal motion in the moment. The more things change the more they stay the same. It's all a hysterical comedy of Humanity the Play being orchestrated for generation upon generation with exciting prop changes on each re enactment.
So... your suggestion is to buy DISCA so I will own CNN?

• 1Galaxy Brain

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1644612177433.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blazin Blazin

The much simpler conclusion is simply, the world is full of a lot of fucking stupid people. Most in this thread are above average IQ. The 100IQ people are kinda dumb comparatively, now half the population is even dumber than that.

I've zero faith in humanity.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Is it wrong that my only real concern about Russia invading Ukraine is how it will impact my portfolio? Like from any other perspective I dont really give a shit because I know the US and Nato aren't going to actually do anything that will cause me to be concerned.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Blazin Blazin

The much simply conclusion is simply, the world is full of a lot of fucking stupid people. Most in this thread are above average IQ. The 100IQ people are kinda dumb comparatively, now half the population is even dumber than that.

This isn't really true, to stick with blazen's theme, stupidity is amplified by the stupid and unfortunately the internet has given them a megaphone.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Blazin Blazin

The much simply conclusion is simply, the world is full of a lot of fucking stupid people. Most in this thread are above average IQ. The 100IQ people are kinda dumb comparatively, now half the population is even dumber than that.

I have complete faith in them, faith that they will continue to fuck it up in laughably and completely avoidable ways.

Alright I'm off this fang dangled electrical whoop dee doo to go enjoy the outdoors, next week should bring more fun. If fearful just turn it off.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Is it wrong that my only real concern about Russia invading Ukraine is how it will impact my portfolio? Like from any other perspective I dont really give a shit because I know the US and Nato aren't going to actually do anything that will cause me to be concerned.
You are thinking that our government is pretty intelligent and will do the reasonable thing. This is the wrong way to think.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How the fuck did V just go green. Is Russia issuing Visa cards to their invading army for travel expenses?

• 1Worf

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm here from the government and here to help. Seems that used to be a joke at one time, used many times by a famous politician.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My great uncle that was heavily invested in the stock market and often said he lost > $1million in the 1987 deal. Used to say "it's just a downturn, it's not a crash till people start jumping off buildings".

Been hearing $100/bbl oil for a long time. Starting to get close to $95 now. I mentioned earlier several big energy companies announced last week they are starting to gear up fracking in the permian basin.

• 1Worf