Investing General Discussion

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Got 6K leftover at the end of the month, bought another 6k of total market funds.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fairly bad news when all of these support levels are being bled through for two days straight. Hold onto your butts for power hour going into a weekend.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still one of my favorites on a day like today

1650654739142.png

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
15:11 (US) Fed's Mester (FOMC voter, hawk): Own view is we don't need to go to a 75bps hike at this time; Everything is always on the table; Would support 50bps hike at May meeting and a few more after - CNBC interview
- Would favor doing 50bps hike earlier on in rate hike path
- I'd like to get to neutral of 2.5% by end of the year; Wants to be very deliberate and intentional
- Things other than monetary policy are affecting inflation
- Wants to see tighter conditions though not all at once; Goal is to bring inflation under control but also sustain expansion and labor markets
- Confident we can put inflation on downward trajectory and keep expansion going
- Likely will take a couple years to return to 2% inflation target; That's OK as long as inflation is moving lower
- May need above neutral rates if prices don't ease; May have to calibrate or see what effects of balance sheet reduction will be on economy once rates are at neutral

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Basically just positioning for adding lower. 400 shares on SPY 428/429 (got half fill right now), then leaving another 800 shares for low 400s if we get there. QQQ 320s has a very long term macro line. It will be interesting to keep on watch.

Honestly, just get signed up for Starlink, then get some bigger sized repeaters on the property to cover your wifi. Fuck local telcos.
425 should be a decent support but last two days supports haven't meant jack. Losses 425 and its going to test correction lows . Since the beginning of this correction I've felt that 380 is a possibility that shouldn't be ignored. I still think people read too much into it, however I don't believe we are rolling into a steeper decline, not saying it's impossible but that it is not my base case and there are a lot of factors that I think point to sub 380 being unlikely during this corrective phase. This process of bouncing from 420s to 450s could last through June at that point the moving average picture would start getting ugly and it would be time for S&P to shit or get off the pot.

I have a quarter mill that I will add between 380-420, if I'm wrong I'm wrong. I'm outperforming the market by over 13% and if that outperformance becomes down 20% instead of down 33% then so be it. The macro back drop really matters for decision making here, I don't believe the secular bull market is over. Like bull markets do it will painfully test you, getting from point a to b in 13-18yr cycle is never going to be a straight line.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Fairly bad news when all of these support levels are being bled through for two days straight. Hold onto your butts for power hour going into a weekend.

Glad I didn't buy GOOGL at $2500...

1650656980742.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I picked a good week to be on vacation. Sometimes the best trade is not making a trade. I'll reassess on Monday morning and see if I am still sitting pat or if there is something that looks tempting and oversold.

• 1Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I got 500k from a house closing sitting in cash.. kinda liking the crash atm, just need to decide what to put it into.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure if its news worthy for stocks but OK passed some incentive measures etc for Panasonic to build a big battery factory nearby to me. Not sure if its andone deal that they will build.

Hopefully a boon for me just driving house price up as area already was getting tight.

fris

Vyemm Raider
Anyone regularly buy ibonds? I'm wanting to save up for a paramotor, about 20k total investment, and rather the cash not sit somewhere earning 1%

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Anyone regularly buy ibonds? I'm wanting to save up for a paramotor, about 20k total investment, and rather the cash not sit somewhere earning 1%
Pretty sure nobody in this thread knew what an Ibond was more than a month ago. The idea of owning a bond was pretty much puke inducing prior to this year.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Still early. But indexes down 1% across the board. Oil took a $4/barrel hit. Of course going on recent history that means record breaking good day for the market. Who knows.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Every comment section, every board, every option chain is all bearish and positioned as so. All this on the feds words, while still only having a .25 rate hike actually in effect with still negative real rates.

I bought the bottom of Fridays sell off in tqqq, it's in gods hands at this point.

• 1Diamond Hands