Investing General Discussion

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Dude killed the rally. What a useless piece of shit lol.
For real. Can't these guys just NOT talk for like a few months or something... please? Can't their job just be shutting the fuck up? Maybe hire a dog to bite them any time they get near a microphone...

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
For real. Can't these guys just NOT talk for like a few months or something... please? Can't their job just be shutting the fuck up? Maybe hire a dog to bite them any time they get near a microphone...

Dude shuts the fuck up, stonks go back up.

Fucking bureaucrats man.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
You just cannot make this shit up...

Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
He didn't really say anything we don't all already know. If you thought the stock market taking a dive these last 5 months was going to make JP go omg inflation is fine now you really haven't been paying attention.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
He didn't really say anything we don't all already know. If you thought the stock market taking a dive these last 5 months was going to make JP go omg inflation is fine now you really haven't been paying attention.
The Fed has been saying it didnt exist/was "transitory" since 2021.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Isn't this literally like the exact shit he did with Trump? Every time the market heated up he would shit on it until he got yelled at so much he gave up. Unfortunately now inflation is too high for him to ignore it and Biden has probably forgotten there is a stock market.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Said the enemployment number wasn't believable, no kidding.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
JPow speaking

IDK why these interviews are even done. He didn't say anything of value, minus taking a 180 degree position than what they've been saying for two years now, "Inflation is transitory, durrr...".

Posting the meeting agenda and nothing more would be more helpful than this.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Isn't this literally like the exact shit he did with Trump? Every time the market heated up he would shit on it until he got yelled at so much he gave up. Unfortunately now inflation is too high for him to ignore it and Biden has probably forgotten there is a stock market.

lolwat

Dude has been sitting on his hands for two years saying inflation wasn't a big deal.

• 2Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Yeah didn't say or do anything while the presses were going brrrrr non stop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Let the power hour begin.

ps.. VIX is down to 25.5
I feel like the VIX is one of those things that holds even less meaningfulness than technical analysis. Just look at the last six months of VIX versus what the stock market did and tell me that this is a valuable tool anymore.

Or are VIX values of 16 a sign that 3% daily swings are normal?

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I feel like the VIX is one of those things that holds even less meaningfulness than technical analysis. Just look at the last six months of VIX versus what the stock market did and tell me that this is a valuable tool anymore.

Or are VIX values of 16 a sign that 3% daily swings are normal?
I keep meaning to go back and track all the 3% swing days but I have been too lazy. It's really insane two years after black Monday and we are still getting these swings.