<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Thinking of you Big Phoenix Big Phoenix

1668452350150.png

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I bought 1 share of amd at $8 as my first ever stock pick when I was 15. I wish current me was as good at trading as clueless teenager me. Or maybe the lesson is back then I didn’t watch it daily and panic even though it spent years under that mark.

• 4Diamond Hands
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Speaking of which, aside from twitter, does anyone know a website for market news that actually updates on time?

I was using marketwatch for economic calendar stuff cause I'm lazy and it shows up high on Google results so I clicked it. But those motherfuckers are always some random 10-30 minutes behind on announcing stuff like this.

That kind of delay is obviously not a real problem for the kind of investing I do but its still frustrating.
To get basically zero delay as it hits the wire, you pay dearly for it. Fly on the wall is ok (sometimes takes minute or three) and a reasonable price. Top end (instant and expensive) that I am using is Trade the News.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is true but also totally cherry picks the winners. Tons of tech went to 0 as well and there really was no way to look at that list and know they would be the survivors in 2001.

how’s your dell stock doing?
I don't have Dell stock. I've got Intel stock, and it's not doing great but it's not doing as bad as my nVidia stock. :p

• 1Diamond Hands
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Hmm why nobody talking about how Amazon is about to lay off 10,000 employees this week? Especially right before black Friday and holidays. Strange.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm why nobody talking about how Amazon is about to lay off 10,000 employees this week? Especially right before black Friday and holidays. Strange.
Cause they are laying off corporate employees who don’t work in warehouses and don’t drive delivery trucks?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Cause they are laying off corporate employees who don’t work in warehouses and don’t drive delivery trucks?
And because they have over a million employees so 10,000 is like a rounding error.

They overhired in corporate during the pandemic. This is just a backlog of normal churn.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We have been discussing various tech layoffs since they started. Less parachuting, more reading.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user