Investing General Discussion

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
That's all within margins of error of the estimates, so it's barely even news. Priced in.

Fast forward to next quarter when they revise the numbers by 100k like they’ve been doing for the last two years.

Figured someone w outer space IQ would remember these things.

• 1Moron
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Fast forward to next quarter when they revise the numbers by 100k like they’ve been doing for the last two years.

Figured someone w outer space IQ would remember these things.
What does that matter for the directionality of the market today?

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Jumped back in to UNP with a starter position at $199.99. Could be a trainwreck (pun intended), but I am banking on a general market bounce when the SPY hits the 200-DMA. I have made money on them twice before, so lets see if I am hitting the well one too many times.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just a lot of people getting fired because nobody cares anymore, becoming tiktok stars and forever leaving the labor pool.

It's fine, most people don't actually do anything that matters in the grand scheme being a productive member of society.

Load up boys.

• 2Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1696522451834.png

1696522502648.png

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
What does that matter for the directionality of the market today?

It’s been worse than they say for the past two years and smart algo’s take that into consideration while normies say, “The numbers are what they say they are!”

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Maybe distract him from looking at RTX.

We all have fallen for the allure of catching knives Sanrith just has a larger supply of bandaids than me.

View attachment 493685

Yeah RTX was an entry point mistake. The Gaetz/McCarthy issue just threw AV Gas on it. The MIC stocks I had bought were all green and RTX was nearly so when the Gaetz Brutus'ed McCarthy. I am 100% confident that no matter who the new SOTH is, the cash will again flow to Ukraine and my MIC stocks will again flourish.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
If it was priced in already why did we drop 80 basis points from the level a minute before they reported it?
For my notes, now that we have recovered that decline is this still the reason?

Market declines because X but only for a few hours! Or maybe the market declined on something else and RALLIED on the report! It's crucial we get this right.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wouldnt read into anything at all today. Keep an eye on DXY and yields, but expect nothing until NFP report tomorrow. We arent going to break down or break out of this range until then. Market is in standby and we are something like 18% below avg volumes today to reflect that.

Go outside and enjoy yourself. Stop staring at the screen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For my notes, now that we have recovered that decline is this still the reason?

Market declines because X but only for a few hours! Or maybe the market declined on something else and RALLIED on the report! It's crucial we get this right.
jeff bridges fgc GIF

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wouldnt read into anything at all today. Keep an eye on DXY and yields, but expect nothing until NFP report tomorrow. We arent going to break down or break out of this range until then. Market is in standby and we are something like 18% below avg volumes today to reflect that.

Go outside and enjoy yourself. Stop staring at the screen.
I make my living staring at a screen. To stop staring is to starve.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user