Investing General Discussion

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Its funny how quiet the Stonkhouse threads got today. Do we need to perform health and welfare checks?
I was going to post it earlier today. Some of you are going to have a heart attack with this shit -- when the SPY is down less than 1% and you're acting like it's the end of the world. And that was only the first 2-3 hours of the day.

Meanwhile it's back to positive to end the day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I was going to post it earlier today. Some of you are going to have a heart attack with this shit -- when the SPY is down less than 1% and you're acting like it's the end of the world. And that was only the first 2-3 hours of the day.

Meanwhile it's back to positive to end the day.
To me, when the market is bleeding red I enjoy it like I do a Raid boss. Lots of energy, checking charts, plugging in orders and shit. For me, I do much better spotting support levels than I do figuring out how to handle an up market.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ruh-Roh

1614112068881.png

Edit: That explains it...

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
  • 1Truth!

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Today stands out as a reason I try to preach that everyone learn the most basic of technical analysis. Remember, the charts do all the heavy lifting. You just have to read them. After seeing the futures this morning I knew we were going to open ugly. So I do what I always do on these days and looked at the charts of my targets I have been stalking. FTEC is the Fideltity pure tech ETF (no Comm sector stocks like FB or GOOG). The chart this morning showed me that the 50 DMA was sitting just above the intermediate line of support. ($106.01 and $104.25). $104.25 is 8% down from the 52-high. The 100 DMA is close at $100.70. Looking at that setup there is a ton of support within a few dollars of each other. I set my limit order to buy at the line of support of $104.25. I am happy to make a long term hold entry position 8% from the high. I did a half position there and another half position at the 100 DMA ($100.70). The 50 DMA held for a little bit and then collapsed. The intermediate line of support held and we got the bounce at $103.50. So I missed by 75 cents but got a solid entry at a price when lots of people were selling in fear.

If you want to trade at even the most basic level, this is stuff you can learn in a few hours on Youtube (or in this thread). Not sure where to price options? The chart guides you. Not sure when to buy when the stock is falling? The chart guides you. Not sure if its a dip or a crash? The chart helps you.

My words of advice for the day.

1614112844994.png

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
ahh so thats why my THCB shot up and my "pie in the sky" standing order to sell CCs on it hit, THCB/Oshkosh beat out workhorse for some lucrative contract

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ahh so thats why my THCB shot up and my "pie in the sky" standing order to sell CCs on it hit, THCB/Oshkosh beat out workhorse for some lucrative contract
Not "some" lucrative contract. THE contract as far as WKHS was concerned.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
Normally I love days like this, and they tend to be profitable for me, but today I let outside info convince me this was the beginning of a bigger move down and stayed mostly out of the market (had another project that needed doing so, time was well spent), kicking myself for that decision, missed quite a few runs I was tempted by this morning. Ahh well, we all know about hind sight.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Short answer: Yes
The time is so far out from the current crash that the delta is miniscule. Unless you truly believe the stock will be under $20 on that date I would try to sell them and recover your money.
So what you’re saying is 💎:emoji_raised_back_of_hand:. I could sell for a little profit but I wanna ride this a little to see how it feels. My first puts ever so I can’t just abandon them like that.

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So what you’re saying is 💎:emoji_raised_back_of_hand:. I could sell for a little profit but I wanna ride this a little to see how it feels. My first puts ever so I can’t just abandon them like that.
You bought them so you didnt write them therefore they are worthless to you if the price isn't below 20 on expiry. That being said there is time value in them. If you think it will keep dropping then hold for more profit. Understand time value decays. Time value to you is profit and it decays.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
DOW closes up +13. And I'm only down 2% today.
I stand by what I was saying earlier, I'll be exiting my current positions ASAP. I think staying long is going to be a mistake.
I just feel we're in for a rocky road, I want the cash on hand for any buying opportunities ahead.

If it goes as I'm expecting, there should be a lot of short term plays to take advantage of.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Its funny how quiet the Stonkhouse threads got today. Do we need to perform health and welfare checks?

I was busy trying to transfer cash into my new Fidelity account to buy...but by the time it got in there the dip had already corrected, Q_Q.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers