Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
You talking strictly today, or in general? Most of my passive stuff is in SPY but was eyeing up moving some to QQQ

Pretty sure he means today. Tech is generally a good place to have your money and I've gone years with 90+% of my money in tech heavy ETFs. I typically do MGK, which is fairly similar to QQQ. In my opinion its getting a bit bubbly looking for my tastes, so I have slimmed down to about 50%, but that obviously means I don't think it's a bad investment.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So pinterest went from 50 to 68 and is now back down to almost 56, think it's people mostly grabbing profits and time to jump back in? I sold at 64 the morning of the spike.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Closed out my 11/20 PLTR calls with a small 15% gain. I wasn't planning to hold any options expiring beyond election day and I had hoped for a better result but PLTR wasn't cooperating. Shrug 15% is 15%. All my options are currently closed.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Worked out in the end for me, put a little cash in QQQ when it was down almost 1%, but yeah, things are too irrational just before the election at this point. Just pick a direction up or down god damn it. Figure I'll do a little DCA into the indexes with each dip since we're running out of time for a major pull back to take advantage of.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My energy position up 3.28% on the day. May call it who knows what the election is going to throw into the game.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PYPL met earnings but lowered 4th qtr guidance and the stock got hammered after hours. Looks like I will be adding some in the morning.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Another run up into the closing bell. Shit is starting to piss me off.

Capture.JPG

Looks like we are going to open above 3320 pivot, move to 3380-3400 could be rapid if it hold at the open.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
PLTR had at least 4 5% moves in the last 5 days as well and seems to move a lot between 9.50 - 11

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PLTR had at least 4 5% moves in the last 5 days as well and seems to move a lot between 9.50 - 11
Three analysts gave i price targets of 10, 11 and 13. I expect it to travel this range until earnings in a couple of weeks.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am going to try to steal some PYPL before the open if it slides down near the support level. I don't expect it to fall that far but I am looking to add some at $173.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I'm thinking this market surge has a lot to do with people coming to the realization that Trump is a lot more likely to win reelection than they had previously thought.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I guess the markets think trump is winning.
I would agree, but a massive truckload of Biden stimulus would make the markets happy too. I think the key indicator is that banks are flying. I think the banks jumping are indicative of a belief in Trump winning.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I would agree, but a massive truckload of Biden stimulus would make the markets happy too. I think the key indicator is that banks are flying. I think the banks jumping are indicative of a belief in Trump winning.
There will be more stimulus regardless of who wins I think.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There are literally about a dozen reds in the SP500, and almost all of them are oil companies.