Investing General Discussion

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Is there a specific reason for this or just company loyalty and that's where your money is?

The recent issues with Robinhood underlined for me that these smaller brokers just don't have what it takes when things get crazy.

I've had a Fidelity account since 2006 with my 401k and long term investments in it.

At some point I took a few tens of thousands of dollars out of my long term investments and started day trading on Robinhood for fun. The AMC meltdown with Robinhood and the other small brokers have soured me on them. Fidelity never fell to any of it.

The only thing Fidelity lacks is a good UI on mobile.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Any ideas on why Webull won't allow me to buy CPUH? Says I can close out positions but not open any. I doubt this is the same clearinghouse issue that RH had and Webull didn't limit buys during the GME/AMC craze.

Planning on moving to Fidelity soon but this is frustrating.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Any ideas on why Webull won't allow me to buy CPUH? Says I can close out positions but not open any. I doubt this is the same clearinghouse issue that RH had and Webull didn't limit buys during the GME/AMC craze.

WeBull doesn't allow units or warrants to be traded.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

It’s still in the unit phase. Some brokers only let you trade it once the core ticker is released.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

None of my broker programs are allowing it either. And Stash takes an age and a half to make your money available to you after you sell. Difficult when I'm trying to reinvest and have to wait eight days. I need to get on Fidelity, but I'm one of the people locked out of their own account because an employer made it at some point and I'm waiting for them to sort it out. Looks like I won't be able to hang off of the tailpipe of the CPUH car you guys are in, would if I could.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Looking at oil stuff, with a weak dollar and domestic production down, seeing a nice rebound. Anyone got any thoughts?

XOM is having shareholder pressures to go more green energy. I think some of the board have recently been replaced due it and hey're pro green energy.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I've never bought units before.

So if you bought units now of CPUH you don't actually sell them at a later date. You convert them to common stock (preferably when the unit price is higher than the common stock price?) and then you can do as you please with the common stock.

Is this correct?

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
WeBull doesn't allow units or warrants to be traded.

Man I am so glad I never got on with any of these shit tier brokers. The crapy after hours trading, the meltdowns when things get hot, RESTRICTING wtf I can buy and how many shares??? i'd be furious if a broker cost me even 1 cent.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>

So if you bought units now of CPUH you don't actually sell them at a later date. You convert them to common stock (preferably when the unit price is higher than the common stock price?) and then you can do as you please with the common stock.

Is this correct?

Units also include warrants, this being 1/4 warrants. So you get shares and 1/4 warrants.

Since I bought 2800 shares of CPUHU, I'll get 2800 shares of CPUH and 700 warrants. (Fogel can slap me if I'm wrong.)

Last edited:

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just made a quick 100% on ngac warrants
I am trying to learn some of this stuff now, specifically in options. What are you guys looking at to believe VLDR will go down?
We're selling puts not buying, so we're bullish on them

• 1Like

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Fidelity has taken almost 2 weeks to turn my deposit into settled funds. I am missing out on meme stock gambling because it won't let my buy stuff like HCMC until it settles.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Is this correct?
Sort of. You can keep the units and buy/sell them as well up to merge I believe.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fidelity has taken almost 2 weeks to turn my deposit into settled funds. I am missing out on meme stock gambling because it won't let my buy stuff like HCMC until it settles.
I am guessing it is because you are a new account and they are probably slammed right now. I get instant trade access to my funds I move in but I have been with them for decades.

• 1Solidarity

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't know your individual situation, but I had a different experience. I just switched to Fidelity last week and I was able to buy HCMC just fine.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Yeah new individual account. It is also tied to my 401k brokerage account but that one does not allow penny stock trading either.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
been waiting a fucking week plus to link my bank account

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah new individual account. It is also tied to my 401k brokerage account but that one does not allow penny stock trading either.

Again, don't know why it would be different, but I just signed up for my first Fidelity individual account on 2/1 and they let me start trading immediately. I bought HCMC on 2/3. Never had anything Fidelity related before.