Investing General Discussion

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I don't follow all that shit, and I dread weed going legally because that smell is disgusting and trashy ass looking people in public reek of it when they walk by you but.... .what happened during this past vape crazy? Did PM and the others end up dominating it?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks like it's currently at the initial offering if 7 right now. Just wondering if it's worth picking up a small batch. Just trying to find more information on them. Are there particular websites you use Fogel Fogel or any of you experienced guys to get information efficiently?
I don't follow bio at all. I know a couple people here do though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
$MO has been ready for weed for 20years. Very familiar with the company.

first result on google:

I wonder if MO/PM is the alpha play for weed then.

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I imagine the boomer companies would just buy up all the little guys no?
I'm sure some will ya. But I think the entire tobacco business is much different than what the weed business will be. Maybe twenty years ago they would have been able to crush any and all competition but not now, IMO.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What you guys are missing on weed is that the kids won't be buying packs of smokes at the convenience store. They will be getting all the latest dabs, shatters, edibles, and vapes. And they will want to do it in a dispensary filled with all things weed. Those old boomer companies won't have the same advantages they had with cigs.
You dont think there can be Philip Morris Smoke Shops set up?

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What are your guys thoughts on $AUTL

Autolus Therapeutics plc, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, develops T cell therapies for the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors.

Guess they just made their initial public offering the other day.
Picking bio stocks be like...

fox sports 1 win GIF

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm sure some will ya. But I think the entire tobacco business is much different than what the weed business will be. Maybe twenty years ago they would have been able to crush any and all competition but not now, IMO.
I agree. They’re kind of like brewery’s vs the big boys. People want to go hang out at the small place, chat with the people there, try different flavors, be hipsters together.

I think the big companies will still have their place. My mom and her generation will go buy their Virginia THC Slims at Marathon while the 40 and under crowd hang out at dispensary’s.

• 1Solidarity

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Guys, I'm not saying they won't have a presence with weed. I'm saying they won't dominate the entire industry and crush everyone else.

No one under the age of 40 will ever go into a Marlboro Weed Shop when there is an all natural Earth Goddess Cannabis Boutique across the street.

• 1Tendies
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

I think there's truth to this actually. Weed is far more boutiquey than cigs. I'd compare weed more to beer than cigs in this regard. There's an appetite among weed smokers for small-batch, heritage stuff. Is there room for a mass producer like PM and a bunch of small, craft growers in the same market? Sure, just like there's room for both Anheuser-Busch and Russian River in the beer market.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
What you guys are missing on weed is that the kids won't be buying packs of smokes at the convenience store. They will be getting all the latest dabs, shatters, edibles, and vapes. And they will want to do it in a dispensary filled with all things weed. Those old boomer companies won't have the same advantages they had with cigs.

snaps fingers

all of those things that target children are now illegal, enjoy your pack of joints citizens

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
You dont think there can be Philip Morris Smoke Shops set up?
Think its a matter of if the big established players run by boomers are smart enough to understand the demographic that will be consuming weed.

Ive never smoked weed and I know that weed people seem to be really into specific paraphernalia and strains etc. Its almost as much about the culture of weed as it is just getting high.
all of those things that target children are now illegal, enjoy your pack of joints citizens
Yeah thats also a gigantic unknown. Dozen ways to consume weed in various strengths. What combo will become legal? What methods of sale will be legal? Good luck winning that lottery.

Last edited:

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
ACIC announced merger with Archer Aviation. I know there was some talks about Archer a few pages back. When does the bump usually happen or was the one this morning pretty much it?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah thats also a gigantic unknown. Dozen ways to consume weed in various strengths. What combo will become legal? What methods of sale will be legal? Good luck winning that lottery.

I don't think that's what will happen, but it could if the big boys wanted it. They'll buy up and crush their comp though, and open a bunch of boutiques with fun organic sounding names all over the country. 90% of the shoppers will have no idea it's owned by the big 5.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
ACIC announced merger with Archer Aviation. I know there was some talks about Archer a few pages back. When does the bump usually happen or was the one this morning pretty much it?
The one this morning was it. Where it goes from here is anyones guess. Evtol are popular, but this thing could stay flat or shoot over 20. Buy now at your own risk. I already sold mine. Might buy back in if there's a big dip and the research comes up solid.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Think its a matter of if the big established players run by boomers are smart enough to understand the demographic that will be consuming weed.

Ive never smoked weed and I know that weed people seem to be really into specific paraphernalia and strains etc. Its almost as much about the culture of weed as it is just getting high.

For a certain crowd that’s a thing. There’s also a much bigger crowd that doesn’t give a shit about any of that, they just want to smoke their cheap weed and drink their Budweiser and have bonfires, play video games, etc. I think the market for mass produced cheap weed will be bigger than the boutique market. There’s a lot more broke rednecks than there are well off hipsters. I think they’ll both thrive.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
  • 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's not any rhyme or reason or analytics, fundamentals, whatever to show why this is happening right?