Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
5x leverage and no hedge. SMH.

Screenshot_20210327-143250_Chrome.jpg

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My total market index funds win again!
I have been loading up on FTEC during these dips. Had a huge pile of cash when I cashed out of my QQQ position and have been using it to trade options while I waited for this correction. About 25% of my portfolio is now in FTEC buying every dip under $102. Once the chop gets cleared out I will be in cruise mode.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bytes

Molten Core Raider
So with Intel trying to unfuck itself, what do you think of buying in now? Last december would have been great for this I guess but hindsight is always 20/20.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
So with Intel trying to unfuck itself, what do you think of buying in now? Last december would have been great for this I guess but hindsight is always 20/20.
Nothing has changed since it was $45 . Right now it’s all on hope not results. If they succeed it is an 80-100 dollar stock . Because of new CEO market is willing to have some faith

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They did announce those new semiconductor factories they want to build, but that'll be years off before those start producing. Any price movement they generate now would be very forward thinking at best.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wait for INTC to miss on earnings again and/or lower guidance and it should sink back in the 40's on the event. That's when to buy back in.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I like semi conductors right now. They're down due to the indexes and there's a global semi conductor shortage as is. I have some ASML and TSM myself

Couldnt I do some long tech plays since they’re currently getting slaughtered?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Couldnt I do some long tech plays since they’re currently getting slaughtered?

You could, but there's a bigger field to choose from. From there, you need to decide if they're one of the ones getting slaughtered because they're tech, or are they getting slaughtered for a reason. At that point you're better of just getting a tech ETF like one of the QQQ's

• 1Solidarity

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
You could, but there's a bigger field to choose from. From there, you need to decide if they're one of the ones getting slaughtered because they're tech, or are they getting slaughtered for a reason. At that point you're better of just getting a tech ETF like one of the QQQ's

So ARK? What are the QQQ’s? I see them posted a lot, but have never looked into them.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So ARK? What are the QQQ’s? I see them posted a lot, but have never looked into them.
Nasdaq tech ETF. QQQ is the largest 100 companies in the Nasdaq index. QQQJ would be 101-200, etc.

Another option is to get FTEC which is a new forum favorite since it's similar to QQQ but doesn't have Google/FB/Twitter etc if you don't want to invest in those companies for moral purposes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Also, QQQ doesn't include financial stocks.

Tmac Tmac spend some time looking at the basket of holdings of ETFs and compare them. Also what index they emulate. For example FTEC and XLK are pure tech ETFs but mirror different indexes so the composition of the holdings is slightly different. Also the number of holdings is different.

Also QQQM is a newer cheaper version of QQQ. Lower price per share and lower net expense. Same holdings.