Investing General Discussion

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
lol

On a serious note I think they will be like Tesla after the split and gain 400 dollars a share over 2 months. Why? Clown World is why.
Expecting a stock to act like TSLA is probably not rational. NVDA is a great company and they will continue to make great products. But the stock shooting off to the moon? I'm skeptical, but who knows in clown world rules. I certainly don't see them cratering without an actual meteor hitting their HQ.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I don’t get it.
The whole point about AMC, GME, BB is not just short sellers but naked short selling. It is an illegal practice but it's done. CNBC and other networks refuse to use those words it seems on air. She actually says it on air and you can tell right after that she knew she fucked up.

They will say 1000 times a day that AMC doesn't live up to the "FUNDAMENTALS" and those retail investors are kinda idiots because these stocks don't meet their standards with Fundamentals. . However the reality is that many people investing in stocks like AMC believe it is not just shored heavily but done with naked shorts heavily so the hedge funds have to cover eventually.

The phrases are constantly uttered " Why do people invest in these?" " Are these meme stocks a good long term investment?" "Do we need regulators / SEC to come in and regulate these retail investors ?" However there are never any questions as to what the hedge funds themselves are doing., probably because they heavily invest in the TV companies.

Naked short selling reference:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah me neither, naked shorts are a thing, so what? CNBC reports (or used to report on it) all the time.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Guess who is trading on Twitter...

Screenshot_20210605-163209_Twitter.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
All major companies have a mobile app, but if you really want that sleek modern UI its the robinhood/etoro or whatever(someone correct me if im wrong)

Etrade had a decent app and neat tools and stufffor beginners actually and if you wanted into options they allow covered positions hassle free. Im currently on fidelity which i like, but i dont think id say it is for beginners.

Also most have web versions of a UI and an actual Desktop app. I finally switched it all from etrade to fidelity after about a week straight of the desktop app not working, showing incorrect balances(but web would be accurate) etc.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Recommending Robinhood to new investors is triggering AF. How bout we don’t do that again.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Looking to dip my toes in with some fun money. What trading apps are best for a new investor?

Most everyone here will steer you away from Robinhood and the like. I went with Fidelity as a total noob last year and have had no problems with them.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I use Fidelity desktop. Several have mentioned they are not fans of their mobile app.

Molten Core Raider
I use Webull and ThinkorSwim. Pretty happy with both for different reasons. IMO neither mobile app is amazing, but neither are horrible either. Both easy enough to use for me to get by. I mostly trade desktop, and both are solid there. No margin, cash account on both for me.

I'm pretty noob, only been doing it a little over a year.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I cant even understand what she said.
All she said was “naked shorts, yeah” to put a name to what he was describing. People short selling stocks they don’t have. He was the one saying people were doing it, not her. Not sure why people think she’ll have a day off or reprimanded or whatever.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
All she said was “naked shorts, yeah” to put a name to what he was describing. People short selling stocks they don’t have. He was the one saying people were doing it, not her. Not sure why people think she’ll have a day off or reprimanded or whatever.
Well, her "oops I shit my pants" face after saying it has to be conveying something.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Well, her "oops I shit my pants" face after saying it has to be conveying something.
The "media" (CNBC) and most present the illusion naked shorts don't exist and they are the boogeyman hence they don't really say the phrase on air. (because they are wall street). The guy was describing a naked short and she simply said the term.

Think or swim is a great desktop app. Webull has similarish UI to robinhood. I use TD and those two. Fiedlity is also highly recommend by most.

TD halting trading of volatile stocks on margin is more responsible than anything, protecting the brokerage from risk due to a bunch of retards. Like the chick that sold $40 naked call on AMC and is now out $630k. That means TD that has to provide that scratch.