Investing General Discussion

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I have a feeling this is all expensive CC spending to maintain lifestyles and people are just chugging through savings and credit limits.

Anecdotally, I'm like the only person I know who has actually measurably changed spending habits since Ronaflation pissed me off. Maybe I am just in a bubble but literally everyone I know is acting like nothing changed and I know a lot of them did not get a 25% raise. Kinda worrying.

I've been going through a divorce the last two years and intentionally didn't save... I forgot I'd been living this way and once the divorce was final I just kept spending like crazy and realized it last month.

So, I'm in that class of people, but just kind of realized it last month.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I’ve always been a cheapskate, but at some point when you’re stacking up the cheese you have to bite the bullet and buy a few things.

My mattress is like, 10 years old and I feel like since I bought a nice one o shouldn’t have to get another one already, but my back says otherwise! My ice machine hasn’t worked since I moved and I’m using treys, so what. I have been able to max my SEP 2 years in a row, fuck it!

No for real I have to loosen up I’ve saved everything since I was a kid and while it’s the reason I have so much, I have to remember you can’t take it with you and buy the damn mattress.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I’ve always been a cheapskate, but at some point when you’re stacking up the cheese you have to bite the bullet and buy a few things.

My mattress is like, 10 years old and I feel like since I bought a nice one o shouldn’t have to get another one already, but my back says otherwise! My ice machine hasn’t worked since I moved and I’m using treys, so what. I have been able to max my SEP 2 years in a row, fuck it!

No for real I have to loosen up I’ve saved everything since I was a kid and while it’s the reason I have so much, I have to remember you can’t take it with you and buy the damn mattress.
Ah man I'm with you.

When I first moved to Austin I slept on the floor for 6 months because I didn't want to buy furniture. Hippy Austin girls thought it was cool so I just rolled with it. Get a mint mattress as they cost like $800. Or rather they did.

God damn inflation. When I bought a queen mattress from them it was like $850. Four years ago.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ah man I'm with you.

When I first moved to Austin I slept on the floor for 6 months because I didn't want to buy furniture. Hippy Austin girls thought it was cool so I just rolled with it. Get a mint mattress as they cost like $800. Or rather they did.

God damn inflation. When I bought a queen mattress from them it was like $850. Four years ago.
We grabbed (against my wishes) a sleep number mattress when we built the new house. I'm still not convinced its worth the money we spent, but its a damn good night's sleep once you get the setting right.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When you jumping back in w your bag?
I started taking some looks with Thursday's move downward in hopes it would run for a couple of days. Alas it was not to be. So I wait and am ever thankful my cash pile is making 4% - 5% while I wait. In an ideal world I get a good chunk of cash invested by the end of January because with tax season I dont see much time for investing.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

• 2Worf

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
So the official SEC Account tweets that the BTC ETFs have been approved.

Less than 5 minutes later the same official account tweets that the account was compromised and the ETFs aren't approved.

Hacks happen, but there are some strange things with this one.

1. If it was a scammer, they could have made waaaay more money tweeting denial and shorting.

2. Are we really supposed to believe that the SEC managed to get their "hacked" twitter account back in less than 5 minutes? That's pretty fucking fast.

Hmmm.

I'm not much on conspiracy theories, but this feels like a "the call is coming from inside the house" situation. Will be fun to see how it falls out.

• 2Like
  • 1Jonesing
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So the official SEC Account tweets that the BTC ETFs have been approved.

Less than 5 minutes later the same official account tweets that the account was compromised and the ETFs aren't approved.

Hacks happen, but there are some strange things with this one.

1. If it was a scammer, they could have made waaaay more money tweeting denial and shorting.

2. Are we really supposed to believe that the SEC managed to get their "hacked" twitter account back in less than 5 minutes? That's pretty fucking fast.

Hmmm.

I'm not much on conspiracy theories, but this feels like a "the call is coming from inside the house" situation. Will be fun to see how it falls out.

He did use the word “compromised” and not hacked. Which could’ve just been a social media person posted too soon or something lmao.

• 2Like

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
He did use the word “compromised” and not hacked. Which could’ve just been a social media person posted too soon or something lmao.

That was my thought- though they are now denying it was someone in the SEC. Hope they figure it out.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Unbelievable. Considering the position and stakes, this should cost him a job.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user