Investing General Discussion

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Maybe an opportunity? Is spirit going anywhere anytime soon?

So anecdotally they took delivery of no new aircraft from 2018 until 2023. They also have a lock on the demographic with state guaranteed disposable income. It seems like they're in a relatively stable position to weather the storm. Of course airlines are notoriously volatile. Dunno.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
More fxaix it is then!
A less snide response.

There will always be trades that pop up that appear to be sure money makers. And sometimes they are. And sometimes they aren't. This is one of the fundamental ways I define trading and investing. Grabbing some SAVE with the intent to flip it for a gain when/if it recovers is a trade. But making this decision based on nothing more than price action and gut feeling is not even trading, its gambling. Lets look at SAVE

1705589783408.png

You would be taking a long position in a microcap that is looking to lose $4.90 a share. One could easily argue that a company projected to lose $5/share is properly priced at $5.75 a share. Looking at the short interest (which by the way is at 17% BEFORE this news popped) lots of people think the price discovery is still too high on it.

Airlines are shitty investments. Its a low margin industry that is unionized. As much as I despise gubmint involving itself in business, this is one of the only industries that I could almost stomach being government regulated as it was back in the day.

Trade opportunities happen every minute of the day. I am not against trading, but I firmly stand on the idea that you only trade in companies you want to own. Example, I am currently sitting on a trade in AAPL. If the trade goes south on me and I end with AAPL shares, I will not complain at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Closed out my AAPL put for 9 cents. It was a low payout for a low risk short-term trade.

• 1Paper Hands

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How about this for a restructuring option, don't make your business model about flying joggers around. Or at least do a pay per view for the fights that break out in the terminal.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
How about this for a restructuring option, don't make your business model about flying joggers around. Or at least do a pay per view for the fights that break out in the terminal.
Sam Hyde should get some VCs to back him to buy it then pivot it to some fishtank live scenario. Free flights but it’s constantly live streamed with interesting challenges.

Probably would get push back from safety regulators 😔

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Spirit Airlines should start a reality show or channel of all the trashy shit their customers do at the airport and on the plane.

Imagine all the drama we see from cell phone videos uploaded to YouTube but instead they have the plane rigged up with multiple viewing angles and good cameras etc. maybe even some WWE style announcers for the fights. Sell a subscription for $1/mo or so

edit: ok Fogel Fogel beat me to it but I agree 100%

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Spirit Airlines should start a reality show or channel of all the trashy shit their customers do at the airport and on the plane.

Imagine all the drama we see from cell phone videos uploaded to YouTube but instead they have the plane rigged up with multiple viewing angles and good cameras etc. maybe even some WWE style announcers for the fights. Sell a subscription for $1/mo or so

I posted it on my foler account.

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Way ahead of you pal...

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users