Investing General Discussion

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Out of respect for LLR (not out of respect for you) -- im just going to make my own day trading shitpost thread.
Good idea, I was just thinking this might be necessary if there is going to be more people interested in short term trading vs long term trading. This keeps the signal to noise ratio in the green for both types of thread.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Think I’m gonna lay off QQM for a while. I bought 4x Friday at 177.5ish. Total gain is 3.79%.. Maybe I’ll just dollar cost average buy like 3-5 shares a month. It currently makes up about 18% of my portfolio. FSMAX making about 11%. The rest FXAIX.

My hope with FSMAX was to capture total market bringing it in at about 20% of FSMAX + FXAIX total. Looking at historical returns of FSMAX over FXAIX I don’t really see FSMAX outperforming FXAIX.. I have definitely noticed that FSMAX is way more volatile that FXAIX which of course I’m sure you all know. I can’t find the graph visualizer website so this will do FSMAX vs. FXAIX — ETF comparison tool

I feel like I’m kinda just taking the long way around to Blazin Blazin and Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes advice. While I completely did it in my 401k, in my personal portfolio I wanted to be a little more engaged than a one fund portfolio as it makes it more interesting and more interesting helps me consistently stay the course putting money in. This is a big psychological plus for me. It’s better I be engaged with my portfolio putting money in even if it’s not the best returns versus engaging it spending it in the “wants”.

TLDR: On the fence about putting more into FSMAX, not ready to completely exit, wanna do more research. FXAIX I’ll put more into to increase total % holdings. QQQM I’ll try to keep at about 20% of my portfolio. I do think the majority of tech top holdings in QQQM are overvalued right now. We will see.

This isn’t advice. Just journaling my journey. 🤷‍♂️

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Think I’m gonna lay off QQM for a while. I bought 4x Friday at 177.5ish. Total gain is 3.79%.. Maybe I’ll just dollar cost average buy like 3-5 shares a month. It currently makes up about 18% of my portfolio. FSMAX making about 11%. The rest FXAIX.

My hope with FSMAX was to capture total market bringing it in at about 20% of FSMAX + FXAIX total. Looking at historical returns of FSMAX over FXAIX I don’t really see FSMAX outperforming FXAIX.. I have definitely noticed that FSMAX is way more volatile that FXAIX which of course I’m sure you all know. I can’t find the graph visualizer website so this will do FSMAX vs. FXAIX — ETF comparison tool

I feel like I’m kinda just taking the long way around to Blazin Blazin and Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes advice. While I completely did it in my 401k, in my personal portfolio I wanted to be a little more engaged than a one fund portfolio as it makes it more interesting and more interesting helps me consistently stay the course putting money in. This is a big psychological plus for me. It’s better I be engaged with my portfolio putting money in even if it’s not the best returns versus engaging it spending it in the “wants”.

TLDR: On the fence about putting more into FSMAX, not ready to completely exit, wanna do more research. FXAIX I’ll put more into to increase total % holdings. QQQM I’ll try to keep at about 20% of my portfolio. I do think the majority of tech top holdings in QQQM are overvalued right now. We will see.

This isn’t advice. Just journaling my journey. 🤷‍♂️
Real question. Why are you such a compulsive liar?

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I can't imagine what is not priced in after the last few years. Aliens landing from mars, maybe. That's a pretty big maybe.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Thoughts on NVDA earnings call today? I’m going with a double beat.

Molten Core Raider
I'm hoping for a huge double miss, and a crash.

(side note: I have money I could put in the market in this scenario, so my hopes are purely selfish!)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I think this settles the NVDA discussion for today. Anyways, next topic!

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Worf
  • 1Launch Fail

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
$NVDA RESULTS: Q4 Revenue $22.10B vs. $6.05B y/y, EST $20.41B
Data center revenue $18.4B vs. $3.62B y/y, EST $17.21B
Gaming revenue $2.9B, +58% y/y, EST $2.72B
Professional Visualization revenue $463M vs. $226M y/y, EST $435.5M
Automotive revenue $281M, -4.4% y/y, EST $272.1M
ADJ gross margin 76.7% vs. 66.1% y/y, EST 75.4%