Ironheart

Goatface

A black woman engineer on par with Tony Stark?

Even I can't suspend my disbelief that much. Just call it Iron Jogger and be done with it
on par?
"She’s smarter than Tony,” Bendis said of Riri
Riri was pegged as a “super genius” at age 5

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
on par?
rey_i_bypassed_the_compressor_palpatine_by_superneonmonkey_de96a0s-fullview.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not really familiar with the character, not having read comics in a while. I mean I've heard of her but not the specifics of who she is and stuff...

That said, I'm not offended by her being in the MCU, it's not an MCU creation to replace RDJ. She already exist in the Marvel comic book universe. I'm sure people were offended when she was created back then, it's a bit redundant to be offended again. :)

I'll be honest I prefer this solutions than them not having killed Iron Man and recast him with a different actor. I even prefer this to having Rodney become Iron Man, to me he is better as War Machine than he would be as Iron Man. So in essence, I feel this is the lesser evil...leave Iron Man dead.

I'll judge her by what they do. I loved Ms. Marvel so willing to give them some leeway here.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
on par?

was it the raaaaaaaaaaaaaaycism that kept her down from becoming a millionaire??

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
you have to tune in to find out. also, what race/sex will the villain be?

put me down for $100 on white and male.

unless its an alien, in which case he will have the character of a white male: he will be driven, ambitious, punctual and smart.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
my friends and i always called... erm... "mentally challenged" people "re-re's" which i also imagine that we weren't the only people to do that. either way when riri williams was created and announced my friends and i laughed our heads off and i have yet to ever be able to take her seriously in any capacity.

but even besides her name, the entire concept seems dumb and clearly a diversity thing since there are ALREADY a bunch of iron man clones in the comics. and apparently bendis calling riri smarter than tony is just... tonystarkeyeroll.gif

maybe it's just me but i'm tired of the massive and constant one-upsmanship that is plaguing our current culture. part of the reason why i've always liked marvel is because of how flawed the heroes are. peter parker is the perfect example. dude is (or was, at least) in top ten list of geniuses on earth, but he's too much of a mess all the time to actually DO anything with it outside of extremely specific and niche things. same deal with hank pym and reed richards, though they are a lot more prolific, but they are outright awful human beings. you get the sense that a lot of these classic genius characters would really create something wonderful if they'd just get out of their own ways.

but lately we're just getting new copies of old characters that are better in every way, that are perfectly emotionally harmonious and it's external issues that are the problem (read: white men). i'm not going to do any kind of research on this, but is ironheart even popular enough to warrent a show? how much money do her comics and merchandise bring in? i'm obviously biased, but i'm guessing not much

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
my friends and i always called... erm... "mentally challenged" people "re-re's" which i also imagine that we weren't the only people to do that. either way when riri williams was created and announced my friends and i laughed our heads off and i have yet to ever be able to take her seriously in any capacity.

but even besides her name, the entire concept seems dumb and clearly a diversity thing since there are ALREADY a bunch of iron man clones in the comics. and apparently bendis calling riri smarter than tony is just... tonystarkeyeroll.gif

maybe it's just me but i'm tired of the massive and constant one-upsmanship that is plaguing our current culture. part of the reason why i've always liked marvel is because of how flawed the heroes are. peter parker is the perfect example. dude is (or was, at least) in top ten list of geniuses on earth, but he's too much of a mess all the time to actually DO anything with it outside of extremely specific and niche things. same deal with hank pym and reed richards, though they are a lot more prolific, but they are outright awful human beings. you get the sense that a lot of these classic genius characters would really create something wonderful if they'd just get out of their own ways.

but lately we're just getting new copies of old characters that are better in every way, that are perfectly emotionally harmonious and it's external issues that are the problem (read: white men). i'm not going to do any kind of research on this, but is ironheart even popular enough to warrent a show? how much money do her comics and merchandise bring in? i'm obviously biased, but i'm guessing not much
this is essentially the problem
iu

you cant make everyone the bestest evar, you cant even make just the retards and "protected class" all supers. for every new super who can do everything better than the old supers, it cheapens the entire thing and just makes them fucking boring , play any game in godmode and its fun for about 20 minutes or less and then you just blow shit up to see what happens. then you stop playing because there isnt anything else to do now. MCU is reaching that point or has reached that point whereits nothing special anymore, the characters are all perfect people with no faults or even tradeoffs to their powers. this happened with Captain Marvel first, its a goddamned boring movie because the bitch can just do anything.and she was at no risk at any point because of it. she didnt even have a character flaw. (the character, not the actor, she has many faults) why did they feel the need to make her so perfect?

why does this Ironheart person have to be a genius who outclasses Tony Stark? why cant she be just as flawed and maybe not a fucking super genius? all these shows are becoming the same. what is Feige doing? he isnt being "inclusive", he's being fucking lazy and one dimensional. he doesnt seem to remember why the old supers were great and lasted for decades. its time Feige moves on and they bring in somebody with a new direction. something that isnt dull and repetitive because they are reskinning the same character over and over..

joz123

Potato del Grande
this is essentially the problem
iu

you cant make everyone the bestest evar, you cant even make just the retards and "protected class" all supers. for every new super who can do everything better than the old supers, it cheapens the entire thing and just makes them fucking boring , play any game in godmode and its fun for about 20 minutes or less and then you just blow shit up to see what happens. then you stop playing because there isnt anything else to do now. MCU is reaching that point or has reached that point whereits nothing special anymore, the characters are all perfect people with no faults or even tradeoffs to their powers. this happened with Captain Marvel first, its a goddamned boring movie because the bitch can just do anything.and she was at no risk at any point because of it. she didnt even have a character flaw. (the character, not the actor, she has many faults) why did they feel the need to make her so perfect?

why does this Ironheart person have to be a genius who outclasses Tony Stark? why cant she be just as flawed and maybe not a fucking super genius? all these shows are becoming the same. what is Feige doing? he isnt being "inclusive", he's being fucking lazy and one dimensional. he doesnt seem to remember why the old supers were great and lasted for decades. its time Feige moves on and they bring in somebody with a new direction. something that isnt dull and repetitive because they are reskinning the same character over and over..
This is why Hawkeye was so good. Nobody was invincible/ultra-powerful and you could actually relate to the characters.

• 1Like