IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

Vinen

God is dead
In this case he's not wrong though.

Worked for a smaller defense contractor as an early job. I came in as a level 1 developer and was more productive then the level 3 and 4 developers by a wide margin. I am by no means a amazing developer.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Worked for a smaller defense contractor as an early job. I came in as a level 1 developer and was more productive then the level 3 and 4 developers by a wide margin. I am by no means a amazing developer.

Levels at defense contractors implies the number of years you have been there. More = better than. Skill doesn't apply to this calculation.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Got a phone interview for a telephony engineering gig this afternoon. Gonna be fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moontayle

Golden Squire
Hate dealing with our suppliers. "We sent you rooted devices". Install Terminal Emulator, try to 'su', get stonewalled. Try to install BusyBox. Can't, device isn't rooted. Root Checker Basic... root access not properly installed.

No point to this, just venting.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Easiest MCP exam, go.

I just got offered a job in a different branch of the company. All I need is any MCP-level exam passed, along with being released from my current position, which unfortunately can't happen for another 9 months.
I took 70-680 back when I needed an MCP stat. It was stupid easy.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I get what you guys are saying about the defense industry but I'm enjoying it. I landed myself a place really close to home writing interesting code and working with pretty nice guys. I mean they're all old as fuck and it's a baby boomer place but I like it. I'm not worried about major pay raises. I went up 25k in a one year time frame.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I get what you guys are saying about the defense industry but I'm enjoying it. I landed myself a place really close to home writing interesting code and working with pretty nice guys. I mean they're all old as fuck and it's a baby boomer place but I like it. I'm not worried about major pay raises. I went up 25k in a one year time frame.

Just keep it to less than 2-3 years, get some unique experience and move back into the private sector. If you get too entrenched in the defense contractor BS it's really hard to escape.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just keep it to less than 2-3 years, get some unique experience and move back into the private sector. If you get too entrenched in the defense contractor BS it's really hard to escape.
Well right now it's embedded work mostly so it's related to what I was doing thankfully