Italy - Honeymoon

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
you have it wrong, firenze(florence) is a MUST, one day? i say fck it to naples. Our honeymoon (last year same time as you) we did venice/florence/rome/positano-naples. For the last leg of our trip positano-naples we had a beautiful shore/beach in positano spent a few hours at the ruins (pompeii) and just relaxed on our beach a day (we spent the rest of the 18days dashing like mad in venice/florence/rom). for our positano-naples leg end, we hired a guide, not because we're lazy but from research we need a car to travel and this guy brought us everywhere, with our research (we had another couple come with us, it was our honeymoon their vacation and they planned it ALL!, it was great) we said fck you to naples, and the guide even said, fck naples it's just as bad as harlem. You'll have 1 good street and then one fck'd up mug you fast street in naples. (i had pizza every other day in italy, i grew up in ny so... i know pizza) he took us to pizzeria da Michele, the stupid ass place in eat pray love (there was another but we were too far), and that was some SHIT pizza.

Rome/Pizza
speaking of pizza, the only pizza i found good (and i tell you i ate every other day) was in rome
da bafetto
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...ome_Lazio.html

it's a pizza store with a mustache, staff is rude, but fck it, it's great pizza. (they get 4/5 stars cuz staff is rude, who the fck cares?)

quick tip for rome and food, goto dinner BEFORE 6:30, you'll find a seat. Past 7pm, your waiting in line for 2hours. I always did dinner at 6:30-7 and NEVER waited. After we ate dinner, i would leave the restaurants and ppl would be waiting for a while! with long lines.

collesseum, we only found out about this after... there's a secret tour that you can take you have to pay like weeks in advance and they'll take you through the underground and the dungeons, google it and get that!

wine:
i'm not a wine guy, i'm allergic to alcohol, so i don't care but the ppl i went with cared, we took wine tours at the positano/(whereever the fck tower of pisa is) cuz they said that wine from there is vastly different and nicer cuz of the volcanic ground... again i barely drank it, and wouldn't be able to tell you otherwise.

venice:
say fck you to the gondola, really it is shit, you pay 90bucks? for a 30-40ish minute ride and the water smells like sewer. Those assholes don't sing, they don't do anything but paddle that stupid oar. Romantic? only if you're an idiot, but we HAD to go just because so we can say we did, and i regretted it, no one cared for it.
if you don't like to walk, don't go, the BEST PART of venice is that there are no cars, not a single fcking car anywhere, it's all sidewalk. Remember to buy a mask in venice, you'll know what i'm talking about, masks in venice are BETTER and CHEAPER than florance or Rome.

audio books:

do you walk around and want to learn stuff or have a guided tour? google rick steves guide to italy, it's an app also and it's all free

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
internet.

i'm dumb with directions, i'm dumb with maps, i NEED gps, no fcking way i was gonna pay international rates, get a MIFI and a sim chip unlimited for one month and your gtg.

there are 3 providers

vodafone/TIM/WIND, i just got vodafone cuz i saw vodafone EVERYWHERE, TIM was next and fck where was WIND. i think i actually had to sign up for a sim card like license and all, got a mifi (i bought a compatible mifi with me, but fck that, it didn't work) and stayed in the store until they activated it. (they have to call up and all that bs, just ask them to do it for you), i "think" it was 150 for everything? i needed internet to "see what was up" with my business, and i didn't want to get lost, even with 4 ppl on the trip you could get lost. Hell a few days it was just me and my wife cuz fck it, who can stand another couple after 2 weeks with them! i was NOT gonna get lost in italy thank god i had my mifi and gps (gps was my smartphone galaxy3). A few hotels we stayed at were not 5 star but even a few rental apartments lol, good thing i got the mifi.

Shhmmooove_sl

shitlord
Hi. Didn;t read the whole thread, but the Italian riviera is amaing. Favourite place was a small town called Manarola in Cinque Terre. Google it...superb place! several towns linked together by coastal pathways!

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Sup bro's necroing this like a boss. Heading back to Italy in 10 days for a 2 week trip. It's our second time, flying in to Naples and driving down to Positano for a week and then driving up to Rome for the remainder.

We did all the main sightseeing during our first trip, definitely going to see the Vatican Museum again, and going to hit Capri again while on the Amalfi Coast, we also have a day trip to Tuscany in the plans. Anything I should do that's off the beaten path? I think last time Adam hit me with the Borghese gallery and Palazzo Altemps which were pretty legit.

Thanks bros.

P.S

Y'all be jealous

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
damn are you a good driver, we hired a guy to take us all around Positano, i wouldn't have that much confidence. A lot of the restaurants you'll notice (if you goto reviews and such) are "on a hill" basically facing the ocean so you get a great view while you eat.

The one i still have fond memories of are
La Tagliata, Positano - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number Photos - TripAdvisor

I'm pretty sure they fed the four of us a farm and it was glorious. getting there was a bitch, we basically walked from our hotel up to the "main"ish town and took a bus there, i'm pretty sure we bought tickets at the grocery store. there are other restaurants too along that strip that the bus services, you can choose other ones with prettier decor i guess. i'm pretty sure hotels have shuttle service too.

oh and they have tons of "orange" ceramics everywhere.

Vinen

God is dead
week in munich and a week in rome this september, i'm pumped.
Don't spend a week in Rome. 3 days max.

Was just there. Holy crap was I looking to get out after Day 3. Was too lazy to rent a car thought to leave the city.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
We're going to day trips both places, wife really likes having a home base, wants this to be somewhat laid back, and hates dragging luggage around.

Vinen

God is dead
We're going to day trips both places, wife really likes having a home base, wants this to be somewhat laid back, and hates dragging luggage around.
Sounds good. That's how I vacation.

Sleep in late. Visit 1 or 2 museums/sites. Nap. Eat repeat.

Picasso3

I thought it was a little loco until i realized we could be in Naples in an hour ten min by train. Or similarly from Munich to innsbruck in 2 hr.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Naples is a fucking dump, just so you know. Sorrento/Positano or Capri better way to spend your time. Week in Rome is way to much as stated, Tuscany for a day is pretty dope, see the monks, go to a Castallera.

Picasso3

Just realized we could day trip a flight from Rome to Sicily or somewhere for like 75pp. Is this insane?

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
going back xmas weekish, it's been 10years

hopefully putin decides to nuke all the other shitty countries first

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user