JK Rowling's new trilogy. a prequel?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
J.K. Rowling Will Write 3 Fantastic Beasts Harry Potter Spinoff Movies - TIME

J.K. Rowling?s Harry Potter Spinoff Will Be A Trilogy

The Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is being transformed into a three-film series, similar to The Hobbit, which will be set in New York seven decades before the Harry Potter's adventures and follow the "magizoologist" Newt Scamander

J.K. Rowling?s Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is set to become an onscreen trilogy.

The author will write three films based on the 54-page Hogwarts textbook that she wrote in 2001, between the publication of the fourth and fifth Harry Potter books. The films will be set in New York seven decades before the Harry Potter stories and follow ?magizoologist? Newt Scamander.

The series was first announced in September as a project, but Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara revealed to the New York Times on Saturday that the films would be a trilogy. Warner Bros. hopes that the Harry Potter spinoff trilogy will be as popular as the three Hobbit movies (the second of which premiered in December).

Emma Watson, who played Hermione in the seven Harry Potter films, has even said previously that she may appear in the Fantastic Beasts movies. ?I would definitely be up for a cameo!? Watson told MTV
she has my cash, i just hope she doesnt write the books then give interviews on how she didnt mean to write a character a certain way.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I guess I am the only one that never got into Harry Potter.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I tried to read the books but could only get through halfway of book 4. It's just aimed too much at a younger audience and I had a hard time keeping an interest in it.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Not only that there are zero goddamn rules to anything in the books. Whatever needs to be done to progress the plot for the protagonists happens.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
The books are good, and well written. The development of plot is remarkable, and the level of detail in the plot that starts from book 1 is quite mind blowing when you start seeing how things get put together in the end.

I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever she puts out. I find the books engaging, even though they are aimed for a younger audience. It's fun to read books for teenagers periodically. Right now I'm burning through the Percy Jackson series, it's great fun.

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
I loved the books, all the way to the end of the series, but at least the first 4 movies were terrible and Rowling is starting to go full George Lucas rage-mode sellout. I also hate authors that try to retcon their published work.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The main thing I liked about the Harry Potter books was how well she planned them out. She's created such a detailed world (a lot of which, according to some random interview I vaguely remember from years ago) never actually made it into any books and exists solely in her notes. I hope that means that there will no retconning.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I love that the first two replies are people who never read Harry Potter.

We rushed to respond because we don't read it!

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
HP was the only book that I read intensely from start to finish, over and over again and it was the most remarkable feet of book reading I've ever done since. i forgot most of it but some do pan out in my head. what a rush of an adventure. films were good until 4. i hope they stop adopting these into films. some of them are fucking atrocious.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't believe they're going to make three good movies out of one ~42 page book. The Hitchhiker's Guide trilogy is five books long, and how many moves did that get made into? One.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Movies were great until sincere and kind looking dumbledore became creepy rapist vibe dumbledore.

I wouldn't mind reading more books around the magical world she created, even if centered in other locations. Wtf was the rest of the worlds magical community when shit was going to hell.