John Wick (2014)

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Loved this movie. Made me tear up a bit in the beginning. I'm not even going to pretend to be ashamed.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Saw it last night and we all loved it. Definitely waiting for it to come out, thought it was great how he handled Theon Greyjoys death

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If any of you care, you can already pre-order this on Amazon. Just specify the DVD or Blu-Ray, otherwise it'll default to the sound track.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Damn, I wasn't expecting this to get such uniformly positive reviews. Maybe I need to see it.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Wow. I guess I do need to see this now. He's just brutally efficient and practiced in that clip.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well predictions looked grim and tracking thought that the movie was only going to bring in around 7-8 million and instead brought in over 14m. Which is bringing up talks for the sequel and diving into the assassins underground society which Im totally for. Mcshanes character was awesome and seeing more of that has me sold. Props to those who were involved on the soundtrack, nothing incredible but it fit the movie perfect

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Saw it today, loved it. Assassins underground was a treat, if they go further into that in a sequel, it will be pure win.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow. I guess I do need to see this now. He's just brutally efficient and practiced in that clip.
The movie has very long sequences that are pretty much him doing this kind of thing. Don't go into this expecting some amazing deep story line. This is a guy whose dog was murdered and reminds gangsters why they all considered him the boogeyman.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
This is a pretty standard you fucked with the wrong person revenge flick. Neo does not fuck this one up, (which is the best one can hope for) The action scenes are top notch, they actually worked reloading of the gun into fluid action. I got a very "equilibrium" vibe out of some of the gun fights. Perkins was a neat character that I enjoyed. More history about the hotel would be very nice if they make a second.

7.5/10

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
This is a near brainless action movie.

It is one of my two favorite movies of the year.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The more I think about it, the more I think I felt more for John Wick after they killed his puppy than I've empathized with any fucking protagonist in the last 100 action movies I've seen.

Seriously. You have to warn people about the dead puppy shit because it's that powerful. Some people I know can't see it because their wives couldn't handle it. Maybe the screenwriter actually knows what he's doing and we're all the dummies.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
The more I think about it, the more I think I felt more for John Wick after they killed his puppy than I've empathized with any fucking protagonist in the last 100 action movies I've seen.

Seriously. You have to warn people about the dead puppy shit because it's that powerful. Some people I know can't see it because their wives couldn't handle it. Maybe the screenwriter actually knows what he's doing and we're all the dummies.
Yeah very true. Talk about kicking a brother when he is down. Most people are numbed by the killing of wife/husband/kid/best friend/mentor/etc. Kill a dog that your dead wife got you so you can heal? Awe hell naw! Brilliant move IMO.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The scene with the puppy crawling up his back as he got out of bed, mah feels.
When you see the blood stains where the puppy had spent the last bit of it's own life to crawl over and draw comfort from Wick in his unconscious state.

It was dusty in that theater..