Jurassic World: Dominion (2022)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You're missing the point entirely. It's a great movie because it had subtext. That subtext could have been about anything. The reason why the sequels can't compare is because they lack anything beyond the surface. That's why they feel shallow and forgettable. This is stuff your brain picks up subconsciously, so the fact you aren't even aware of it kinda proves the point.

No, I'm not.

Jurassic Park was huge because it was revolutionary special effects wise. The story was mostly irrelevant and just had to not suck. It's not some great lesson in storytelling.

Even if it was, the dangers of man playing god and the idea that "life finds a way" (even though that's complete bullshit) would still be 100x more relevant than that reluctant father bullshit

• 3Picard
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ive never once watched JP and thought "Wow what a great sub story about fatherhood". It was a fun movie about dinosaurs fucking shit up.

Oh and if you put your hand up dinosaurs dont attack.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
Yup. The original JP is a master class in filmmaking. From story, to character development, to cinematography, music, casting, dialogue, you name it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
This shit was boring. Luckily I was at the drive in under the stars and the highlight of the night was seeing this wild green fire meteor/shooting star irl in the sky. Oh, and the pizza was dry as hell so the owner made us a new one and it was great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This shit was boring. Luckily I was at the drive in under the stars and the highlight of the night was seeing this wild green fire meteor/shooting star irl in the sky. Oh, and the pizza was dry as hell so the owner made us a new one and it was great.
minor derail, is pizza with american cheese on it instead of mozzarella a thing in other parts of the country?

• 1WTF
  • 1Picard
  • 1Barf

Cybsled

Who the fuck makes a pizza with American cheese? Bleeccchhhh

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Who the fuck makes a pizza with American cheese? Bleeccchhhh
i saw a youtube video tonight, some dude was in Virginia and he ordered a slice of pizza at a place called Giuseppe's, they gave him an american cheese topped slice. not what he asked for. no idea how that shit happens unless you asked for it specifically. thats why i asked, i was wondering if thats what people in other parts of the country call pizza. i know Dominoe's is a big thing in the US and anyone who knows what pizza is wouldnt eat it, unless its 2am and they are drunk.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
minor derail, is pizza with american cheese on it instead of mozzarella a thing in other parts of the country?

I've only seen mozzarella.

BUT I do remember as a kid making my own pizza with a English muffin , spaghetti sauce and a Kraft american cheese slice.... now that you mention it...

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
You're missing the point entirely. It's a great movie because it had subtext. That subtext could have been about anything. The reason why the sequels can't compare is because they lack anything beyond the surface. That's why they feel shallow and forgettable. This is stuff your brain picks up subconsciously, so the fact you aren't even aware of it kinda proves the point.

Yes

spronk

FPS noob
Saw this last night and it was fine. Way better than the JW2. But still entirely too long and they just made this so over the top ridiculous. Wont ever watch it again but was better than a lot of other movies I’ve paid to see lately.

saw this over the last 2 nights as well at home and same thoughts. Lets make a Godzilla movie but mostly feature humans. Lets make a Jurassic Park movie and make it about bugs. How do these same people keep working!?

I just looked and its super fucked up, Top Gun Maverick has made $1.2b while JP Dominion has made $900m worldwide. Only a $300m difference but I'd say Top Gun is like 50x better than this dumpster fire. In a fair world TGM would be cracking $2b while JP3 would be topping out at $200m but its not a fair world and people keep shelling out tons of money in theaterrs to see these trash movies.

I did learn Sam Neill owns a winery in new zealand lol

• 1Like

Cybsled

I've only seen mozzarella.

BUT I do remember as a kid making my own pizza with a English muffin , spaghetti sauce and a Kraft american cheese slice.... now that you mention it...

lol, making "pizzas" as a kid always involved the nastiest shit. Although I used to like those Stouffers frozen french bread pizzas as a kid and I would try to replicate that

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i saw a youtube video tonight, some dude was in Virginia and he ordered a slice of pizza at a place called Giuseppe's, they gave him an american cheese topped slice. not what he asked for. no idea how that shit happens unless you asked for it specifically. thats why i asked, i was wondering if thats what people in other parts of the country call pizza. i know Dominoe's is a big thing in the US and anyone who knows what pizza is wouldnt eat it, unless its 2am and they are drunk.
normally i don't harp on food/ingredients and substitution, having been displaced for a number a years from an asian grocer, i can understand it. like you can't make real gumbo w/o okra, forget about tom yum w/o galangal...

but fucking moz? i made fresh moz, all you need is milk/citric acid and renet, it's not like you need specialty bacteria from tuscany or some other guido shit, it's fucking moz

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
saw this over the last 2 nights as well at home and same thoughts. Lets make a Godzilla movie but mostly feature humans. Lets make a Jurassic Park movie and make it about bugs. How do these same people keep working!?

I just looked and its super fucked up, Top Gun Maverick has made $1.2b while JP Dominion has made $900m worldwide. Only a $300m difference but I'd say Top Gun is like 50x better than this dumpster fire. In a fair world TGM would be cracking $2b while JP3 would be topping out at $200m but its not a fair world and people keep shelling out tons of money in theaterrs to see these trash movies.

I did learn Sam Neill owns a winery in new zealand lol
Well not that it matters much but top gun didnt get the Chinese market so that a big chunk right there and Maverick doesn't feel like a film everyone wants to take their kid to

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
normally i don't harp on food/ingredients and substitution, having been displaced for a number a years from an asian grocer, i can understand it. like you can't make real gumbo w/o okra, forget about tom yum w/o galangal...

but fucking moz? i made fresh moz, all you need is milk/citric acid and renet, it's not like you need specialty bacteria from tuscany or some other guido shit, it's fucking moz
yeah man, that shit blew my mind. i saw the pizza he was talking about. it looked like a retard made it, the guy knew right off it wasnt mozzarella, he fucking ate it anyway. i need to stop watching that guy's channel, he irks me more and more. i just check it out for the thrift store finds