Justice League (2017)

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Disagree on the villain needs to be good. Guardians of the Galaxy was one of the best of the bunch and the villain was generic. Iron Man has yet to have a decent villain, and I thought at least 1 and 2 were good. Captain America had a good villain but that's not why it was successful.

DC, on average, just makes shit movies. I wish it were not the case but it seems to be. This looks like it's going to suck unfortunately. That said, for some reason I am hopeful for the Wonder Woman movie. But this one I just am not seeing it at all.

As for the looks... Batman is bulky, Wonder Woman is hot but skinny, Aquaman looks like Khal Drogo, which is cool but doesn't look like Aquaman. Make a good movie and I wont give a shit about any of that. After Batman V Superman though they have a long way to go.

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
There's like a 99.99% chance Superman comes back in this movie and good on them for not showing it. Hopefully they never do. Spiderman showing up in Civil War trailers was trash. I'd take shitty trailers that don't show shit like this one over shitty trailers that outline the entire movie and give away surprises.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Iron Man has yet to have a decent villain, and I thought at least 1 and 2 were good. .

Heresy! Iron Man 3 > all other Marvel movies, mainly thanks to Trevor Slattery (though technically not the villain, I admit).

That said, the fact that all the nerds got so butt-hurt over the Ben Kingsely switch is the reason trailers these days just give away shit like Spiderman or Cavetroll-Doomsday and every movie ends with a sky beam.

The sensitive comic book audience just cannot handle unexpected plot turns and needs to stay in their surprise-free safe space 24/7.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
The Mandarin wasn't the main reason IM3 sucked. 10 minutes of actual Iron Man in a 2 and a half hour IRON MAN movie was why it sucked.

• 2Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
it would be funny if they made cyborg CGI so they could turn him into an asian for chinese markets

It looks like even his face was CGI in one of those shots (just before he flew in to stop the wreckage of the tank).

Incidently Batman's line to Gordon about his playing well with others "Might be temporary" could end up being an unintentional foreshadowing of Affleck bailing on the franchise after the solo Batman movie.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Wonder Woman is hot but skinny, Aquaman looks like Khal Drogo, which is cool but doesn't look like Aquaman.

To be fair, Wonder Woman is bulking up a bit, she doesn't appear nearly as skinny as when she was first introduced, she'll never be Lynda Carter but she doesn't seem to be as stick-like anymore.

And I'll take Khal Drogo scruffy and dangerous looking Aquaman over some effeminate blonde jackass in that orange and green suit any day of the week. If anyone needed a bit of reinvention in all of comic-bookdom it was Aquaman.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
To be fair, Wonder Woman is bulking up a bit, she doesn't appear nearly as skinny as when she was first introduced, she'll never be Lynda Carter but she doesn't seem to be as stick-like anymore.

And I'll take Khal Drogo scruffy and dangerous looking Aquaman over some effeminate blonde jackass in that orange and green suit any day of the week. If anyone needed a bit of reinvention in all of comic-bookdom it was Aquaman.

Gal Gadot has not bulked up even slightly.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gal Gadot has not bulked up even slightly.

Not even slightly. Not one bit.

Gal%20Gadot%20(15).jpg

gal-gadot-wonder-woman.jpg

• 1Like

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
See damnit, I knew I was not imagining things. It isn't like she turned into Schwarzeneggar but she is slightly more, I don't know, physically imposing. Less like a ridiculously attractive stick.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She will just never be bulky. She can be muscular but never imposing like a UFC fighter because she has a model's frame, not a fighter's frame.

And who gives a shit? She is a fucking smoke show and looking at her for 2 hours is the best thing going for the WW and Justice League movies.

• 2Solidarity

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Heresy! Iron Man 3 > all other Marvel movies, mainly thanks to Trevor Slattery (though technically not the villain, I admit).

That said, the fact that all the nerds got so butt-hurt over the Ben Kingsely switch is the reason trailers these days just give away shit like Spiderman or Cavetroll-Doomsday and every movie ends with a sky beam.

The sensitive comic book audience just cannot handle unexpected plot turns and needs to stay in their surprise-free safe space 24/7.

Giving away the 5th ninja turtle was actually a good thing. Sealed the deal for me not paying for that shitshow of a movie.
Spiderman didn't need to be in the trailers as civil war was going to do well anyways, but I guess Marvel was hyped over getting him for it and wanted to show him, everyone thought it would be a really short cameo anyways.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Fucking snyder needs to have his head edited from his body. God damn on the length.

• 2Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider

Wonder Woman I think is a good cast, but aesthetically she's just too skinny. It's like Andrew Garfield physique on Superman. But she's tall, beautiful, has the hair, and the look so I'm ok with it.

Drogo Aquaman is fine but could they maybe do him with blonde hair and more scale like armor? Trident is a good move. He just looks zero like Aquaman.

Again though, this is just aesthetics. If these are the biggest issues with the movie it will be a big hit. I just have no idea how they will cobble this together story wise and it feels like a train wreck coming.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Except he did the opposite sparky.

Look again. The first picture is so airbrushed it wouldn't even have to actually be Gadot in the picture, the second shot is a grainy cell phone pic with clothes and posing to magnify the aesthetic effect of cutting water weight, which is probably the only significant difference between her body in the two pictures. If you took the top Gadot, sat her in a sauna for a couple hours, then had her come out and flex, she'd look the exact same as in the cell phone pic.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>

Yeah know i'm not quite old enough to have grown up watching Linda Carter's wonder woman TV show, so please enlighten me on this?

Everyone says this, she's no Linda Carter? Since I have no direct observational experience here, I defer to those of you who do, Please explain what you mean by this?

Because every single image that exists on google, all 800 million of them, of Linda Carter as Wonder Woman, she has the exact same physique and body as Gal Gadot. Fuck it, she was that generations Gal Gadot. Or Gal Gadot is this generations Linda Carter.

Again, please, show me what the fuck you are talking about.