Justice League Dark

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
For the role of the magic-using Zantana, a black or hispanic actress is being sought to bring some much-needed diversity to the line-up.
Again w/ this johnny storm black bullshit? article keeps spelling her name wrong, it's Zatanna.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In typical diverse fashion, they're taking a pre-existing name and winging the spelling.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Zatanna doesn't have to be white.

There is nothing really about her or her history that would make more sense if she was white rather than Hispanic or Black.

Esaelp teg eht emutsoc thgir.
smile.png

Caliane

yeah, Giovanni Zatara can totally be Hispanic or Black. or, his wife, Sindella, can totally be a magic black woman. Nothing racist about that at all.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hate Zatanna. She wears a lazy generic magician costume and FUCKING SAYS WORDS BACKWARDS TO DO MAGIC. Absolutely fucktarded.

There's probably some badass run about her that I've never heard of that makes her awesome. There usually is for every character.

Caliane

shes great, and in alot of good things...
but she does not translate into live action well at all.
the backwards thing, really only works in print. when its words written backwards, so it can be still read. there is no real comparison in live action. playing her audio backwards doesnt work. no one can understand it. and its not natural sounding at all.

and the costume as well. yes its a real stage outfit. but, its looks REALLY silly outside of a stage, or comic. try to fix it, and you just end up with generic goth chick.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
There's probably some badass run about her that I've never heard of that makes her awesome. There usually is for every character.
is that a challege? cuz i don't think anyone would ever win that, Zatanna is a super side character, "oh shit, some magic shit is happening!" or "we need our deux ex machina magic person", which is sad cuz i'm sure she's the most powerful woman magic user, probably top 5 magic users. (spectre, dr fate, phantom stranger, shazam?)

if there's a story, it'd be
Amazon.com: Zatanna: Everyday Magic (0761941231945): Paul Dini, Rick; Bolland, Brian (cover) Mays: Books

But that's only cuz Paul Dini wrote it and he has a super hard on for Z, as much as he has for Harley, probably cuz his wife is magician.

and yea, the backwards shit is stupid, worse would be if her catch phrase was hocus pocus, but it's that bad.