Kanye West - Yeezus

Lowendtheory_sl

shitlord
New album just leaked. Listening to it now the first track is pretty good. Pretty much straight up electro with rapping over it.

Finished listening and the last song is by far the best imo. Old school soul sampling Kanye.

Simas_sl

shitlord
I haven't checked it out yet but I'm excited for it. What are your thoughts?

Holy shit, Blood On The Leaves, when the TNGHT beat drops.

Finished my listen. I need to listen more but my initial impression is easy top 10 in a strong year, and I wouldn't be surprised for it to be top 5. Also, no one but Kanye could have (would have) made this album.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nice. I was checking all week to see if it'd leak but just figured it probably wouldn't at all at this point. I really liked MBDTF. I still listen to the album in its entirety.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Definitely a must listen. Most albums will have a few songs that I really like and it takes several listen-throughs to enjoy the others. This is similar to MBDTF in that I enjoy it right off the bat. Thanks again for the heads up!

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just listened to it a couple times. I like pretty much all the songs quite a bit. Really good album. As much as a dipshit as he is he makes some great music.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
listened to it all day in the shop the other day, it's a grower.

Bound is incredible

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Maybe I'm out of touch with today's hip hop and rap but listening to this shit made me soft. It just doesn't feel like rap to me and I cant imagine anyone in the hood bumping this as they are driving down Crenshaw or any other war zone of choice.

Elerion

N00b
That's Kanye ^
^that

On my first listen through now. Really disappointed with the album version of Black Skinhead. His SNL performance was so energetic and powerful. The album version completely fails to reach the same intensity.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I used to like Kanye, but the whole temperamental Rockstar attitude has turned me off.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Hated this the first 2 times I listened to it - but Blood on the Leaves is fucking amazing when it drops, and I really like Black Skinhead & Bound as well. Others are still pretty meh for me, but 3 really good tracks to add to the playlist is fine by me.