Kingdom Death: Monster

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So for those that doing have 300-400 bucks to spend on this... Has anyone played KDM on Tabletop Simulator?

I played a few years (full game cycles) on it with Hatorade and Sean. I don’t remember having any problems with the game itself. I didn’t fully know the rules then so we may have screwed some stuff up, but I thought it was pretty fun. We just had problems lining our schedules up every week.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Good. I think i am going to get that set up.

Thanks

I have a pdf of the old rules. There are a few differences in the old rules vs the new, the biggest we noticed being how a certain character called a savior behaves, but the core rules are the same.

If you want it I can send you a copy, it was a lot easier to print that out or have pulled up on a tablet than it was to try using the TTS in game rule book. We all had our own copy pulled up so we could reference stuff quicker.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Latest KS update just came out for the next 2 waves. No surprise they're delayed. Full on feature creep happening. That said, all the new stuff looks and sounds great.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah man, feature creep? Postman's going to get lumbago delivering Gambler's Box and Campaigns of Death to my door.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah shit looks insane. I’ll post pics from Gencon on whatever they’ve got setup this weekend. Can probably find stuff sooner if you’re super into it, I’m just going Sunday.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This guy is definitely single.

1564780921969.png

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Picked up the Gigalion, Poots signed it for me. I also pitched an idea to him and one of his developers to make an expansion sprue of just lanterns and faces for basing and customizing. He said it was a great idea then him and the developer started talking about all the lanterns they could add to it they haven’t been able to fit in yet, and actually turn it into an expansion with the strain system. Was pretty funny watching them scope creep and get all excited in real time. That will be pretty cool if it ever actually happens.

The new mobs they revealed in last weeks update are huge! The dung beetle knight, ancient butcher, bee, croc were all lion god/gorm sized. I’m fucking stoked for those models, they are sick.

Some pics of the lion rules.

24DDD603-B217-4039-9FDC-ED47503D5FD3.jpeg2A40F74A-9F71-4EBE-87A7-21189D94BE18.jpegECBD6538-0B21-4BCE-B9DE-1B3A05494681.jpeg0F715DCA-24C8-4372-8326-F98287A406E8.jpeg40F34EE9-EF47-43DD-A3D2-342C39E5CCF7.jpegA02E27AE-B846-4AF5-9E9A-F06511BE1B81.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Latest update just came out. All the dicks in full display. Bit of an Attack on Titan vibe for the boneaters

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Encounter system seems cool, but worried it will make my campaigns last 150 hours.

I like the weird attack on Titan faces on the bone eater models. The full on nudity for the main game portion is kind of meh. I don’t care personally but I know people who would. They should include loin cloths on the sprues imo. I guess people could always sculpt something over the dicks and vaginas, but still, I can see that turning people off even more than they get already.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Encounter system seems cool, but worried it will make my campaigns last 150 hours.

I like the weird attack on Titan faces on the bone eater models. The full on nudity for the main game portion is kind of meh. I don’t care personally but I know people who would. They should include loin cloths on the sprues imo. I guess people could always sculpt something over the dicks and vaginas, but still, I can see that turning people off even more than they get already.

That looks really good and making the base of the model hold a die for health is pretty ingenious but yeah, wish it had a loin cloth option. My game table is one of the first things you see walking in the house and I usually end up leaving a title on the table if we can't finish a scenario for next time. Can't do that with this one (or most of what is out already really) as my youngest is still in that age range where some friends have to bring their younger siblings with them. Don't really want to deal with a pissed off mom about dongs again after forgetting about that one scene from Goonies. Apparently the 1st grade sibling thought the statue scene was hilarious and described it in full detail to his devoutly Mormon mom.

Unrelated note what glue are using to put your KDM models together? The generic super glue one I use for my 40k mini's doesn't seem to work too well and I can't remember what I used on the base game. Picked up the Cyclops on a whim and the poor guy keeps falling apart on me.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That looks really good and making the base of the model hold a die for health is pretty ingenious but yeah, wish it had a loin cloth option. My game table is one of the first things you see walking in the house and I usually end up leaving a title on the table if we can't finish a scenario for next time. Can't do that with this one (or most of what is out already really) as my youngest is still in that age range where some friends have to bring their younger siblings with them. Don't really want to deal with a pissed off mom about dongs again after forgetting about that one scene from Goonies. Apparently the 1st grade sibling thought the statue scene was hilarious and described it in full detail to his devoutly Mormon mom.

Unrelated note what glue are using to put your KDM models together? The generic super glue one I use for my 40k mini's doesn't seem to work too well and I can't remember what I used on the base game. Picked up the Cyclops on a whim and the poor guy keeps falling apart on me.

Tamiya Cement works great for the hard plastic. I've never used it on resin, just the hard plastic. Can't give any advise there. Link below...it's not showing up in my browser, but shows up on my phone just fine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole

I see your problem, you let your kids associate with mormons.

• 1Worf

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Pledge manager open again for black friday- spend all your newly earned monies. New blog post too.

• 1Worf

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Lol same as the last post. Pledgemanager is up again, as well as an enormous KS update for the gamblers chest. Might be worth picking up the card set for the 1.6 rules.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah it’s only a few bucks. That update was massive. Dude scope creeped the hell out of it.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the post. Think $8 for item plus shipping is the least I've spent on this by far.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Lol same as the last post. Pledgemanager is up again, as well as an enormous KS update for the gamblers chest. Might be worth picking up the card set for the 1.6 rules.

Did I read it right in that you don’t need the card pack if you’ve ordered other parts of the 1.5 campaign? Like GC or something?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Did I read it right in that you don’t need the card pack if you’ve ordered other parts of the 1.5 campaign? Like GC or something?
No that is not correct. They worded the paragraph weird. They are doing a core game reprint called Kingdom Death 1.6. They said there is no reason to order KDM 1.6 as a whole, just buy the 1.6 update pack.

The new 1.6 version of KDM core (and expansions) will already have the content that’s in the 1.6 update pack.

So unless you are ordering a core set and expansions in the near future, you should buy the 1.6 update pack to clear up errata that you own now.