Kings and Heroes

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dartoxer_sl

shitlord
1-2 more negative reviews on steam and it's back to mixed (from mostly positive). They really should've kept in the oven for a few more months to avoid situations like this. Or at least hold a closed alpha/beta or whatever test for a few weeks to stress test the servers, features etc. I mean, this is pretty much a semi-MMO. Opening the gates without testing your game and tech with at least 100-200 people is really dumb.

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I got a refund; this game is garbage, the people praising it in this thread have some kind of cognitive deficiency.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
It's funny to me the disparity between how a developer and a customer views "Early Access." The caveat is literally, "The game isn't ready yet, but buying it now helps support its completion and launch [X months/years from now]." Mostly I'm just curious what you guys who bought it were expecting?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It looks like it'll be a fun game, it's just not in a playable state right now
Friend of mine who isn't turned off by any form of early access tested, its main problems were:

1) A parody of UI from the 90s...
2) The controls that reset all the time

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Friend of mine who isn't turned off by any form of early access tested, its main problems were:

1) A parody of UI from the 90s...
2) The controls that reset all the time
Yup. Whenever you zone controls reset.
The UI literally is of original EQ quality.
Mobs that magically appear in front of you.
No real animations.
Combat is from 1999.
The graphics lag. GOD the graphics lag!

Yeah, they need another 6 months minimum on this. They really should have waited.

Composter

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Turn the graphics quality down to high, and there is not that much lag. I mean, there's still some, but unoptimized, that is to be expected. My issues with it so far:

1) Crafting is bugged...needs to update your crafting level a little better, and crafted blues are a joke compared to standard blues.
2) I feel dirty saying this, but too much loot (or too much time to salvage). I do like the way they have mobs drop the loot of their type, though. Wish they would have a little better boss variation, though...not much payoff for killing a boss, it feels like, as well.
3) Voice Chat - in a dungeon, it should not be distance based in your group. If I am kiting, I want to be able to talk to the group.

I'm only level 15 with 10 hours in the game so far, but I see a bunch of promise, and it's like instant gratification kick-starter for me.

rieter

Molten Core Raider
Im pretty hot up on this. Once I get the extra scratch i plan on picking it up. I know its EA but I like to get stuff that looks good, try it, then come back after its baked for a while.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Played a bit, overall it is pretty disappointing as is. The devs do seem to care, and are patching the game regularly. It could turn out to be fun, just not so much in it's current state.

I find myself running dungeons that are crazy easy until a last boss that hits like a truck, has bad AI, and drops nothing of significance anyway. Can easily catch them on a corner and just nuke them down with sorc spells. Also have spent some time doing huge/insane dungeons solo, as doors are just there to block mobs attacks while mine go through them. Makes for easy drops and quick leveling, but pretty sure that shouldn't be in game.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone play this still? Has it gotten any better? Noticed steam has it on sale for $10