Kurt Cobain was murdered (probably).

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
GNR's Appetite is such trash. I listened to it for the first time a few months back. Couldn't finish it. There's some amazing songs on there, but most of it is trash.

1. "Welcome to the Jungle" Guns N' Roses 4:31 GREAT
2. "It's So Easy" Guns N' Roses, West Arkeen 3:21 DOGSHIT
3. "Nightrain" Guns N' Roses 4:26 DOGSHIT
4. "Out ta Get Me" Guns N' Roses 4:20 DOGSHIT
5. "Mr. Brownstone" Guns N' Roses 3:46 DOGSHIT
6. "Paradise City" Guns N' Roses 6:46 GREAT
7. "My Michelle" Guns N' Roses 3:39 DOGSHIT
8. "Think About You" Guns N' Roses 3:50 DOGSHIT
9. "Sweet Child o' Mine" Guns N' Roses 5:55 AMAZING
10. "You're Crazy" Guns N' Roses 3:16 DOGSHIT
11. "Anything Goes" Guns N' Roses, Chris Weber 3:25 DOGSHIT
12. "Rocket Queen" DOGSHIT
G3f3opQ.gif

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
GNR's Appetite is such trash. I listened to it for the first time a few months back. Couldn't finish it. There's some amazing songs on there, but most of it is trash.

Brownstone and Nighttrain fucking rule. You probably listen to Def Leotard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Nah they're DOGSHIT too, except for Photograph and Pour Some Sugar On Me which are GREAT

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
True story: Today at work someone asked me if I was going to go to the Journey concert coming up. I almost threw up a little bit in my mouth but managed to stay polite when I told her that I first started getting interested in music in the early '90 and was only into the alternative bands back then, and also that almost all music from the '80s just doesn't do anything for me at all. She said something like "Ew, you mean like Nirvana?" and then she almost got hit. Almost. I didn't bother telling her that I just saw the Melvins again a couple days ago.

Anyway, back to the Pixies.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dont understand how you can like rock from the 90s and not from the 80s or the 70s 60s or even 50s. all the songs are structured the same way. shit today is all autotune and trickery , so thats a given. the melvins started in the early 80s, thats like people who think Pantera or Metallica are 90s bands.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think most 80s music is terrible. Over produced, embrace of shitty synths way too much, snares hits sound like explosions. Grunge saved us. Give me dry production anyday. I can't imagine most of those 80s bands being good live due to all the studio magic.

Plus the 80s ruined The Police.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
True story: Today at work someone asked me if I was going to go to the Journey concert coming up. I almost threw up a little bit in my mouth but managed to stay polite when I told her that I first started getting interested in music in the early '90 and was only into the alternative bands back then, and also that almost all music from the '80s just doesn't do anything for me at all. She said something like "Ew, you mean like Nirvana?" and then she almost got hit. Almost. I didn't bother telling her that I just saw the Melvins again a couple days ago.

Anyway, back to the Pixies.
You don't like journey? Confirmed megafaggot

Last edited:

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I was but a wee babe sucking at the teat when I first paid attention to music, so I shall not be judged. By junior high I was into AIC, Nirvana, etc. Teen Spirit is the first song I learned by ear.

Truthfully my minimal taste for 80s rock is mostly out of guilty nostalgia, when I was a teenager I hated everything 80s. Now not so much. But as a musician, I have long despised the reverb laden hair spray bands.

I used to hate Journey so much. I still don't like them, but I can tolerate them.

i dont understand how you can like rock from the 90s and not from the 80s or the 70s 60s or even 50s. all the songs are structured the same way. shit today is all autotune and trickery , so thats a given. the melvins started in the early 80s, thats like people who think Pantera or Metallica are 90s bands.

He put up a Pixies cover, while the Pixies are without a doubt an 80s band. The Melvins is an 80s band.

And the 80s didn't ruin The Police, Sting did.

Last edited:

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There are a few Guns and Roses songs I can get on board with. The rest of the hair bands can fuck off. I do think that the video for "Jump" by Van Halen is the gayest thing that has ever been produced including hardcore gay sex so that is an achievement.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm

I like Mr. Brownstone....

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
. Toxicology reports come back showing that Cobain had a 3x Lethal dose of heroin in his system. Even if he hadn't shot himself there was no way he would survive. Strangely, that dose of heroin would also have knocked him unconscious within a few seconds, and made operating a shotgun damn near impossible. The shotgun shell is found across the room, too far to have been ejected by the shotgun given the angle it was used at.

I'm on the fence about whether Cobain was killed or not (Love is certainly a crazy narcissistic/borderline bitch), butthis part of the story always bugs me. There's no such thing as "3x the lethal dose of heroin," heroin doesn't have a flat lethal dose. Regular use of heroin results in a tolerance developing to the effects, leading the user to escalate to still higher doses on a more or less indefinite basis. Someone who's been using heavily for a few years (especially someone like a celebrity, who isn't limited by financial concerns and so can afford to shoot up as often as they want with as high a dose as they can handle) can take doses 10 - 20x that which would cause a new user to overdose. Since there's no way to determine a users active tolerance, there's no way of knowing what dose they could handle safely and what dose would cause an OD.

TLDR: the level of heroin in Cobain's bloodstream means absolutely nothing.

On the flip side, leaving a rehab facility/jail is one of the major risk factors for overdose, since tolerance decreases while the user isn't getting high in the facility, something a lot of people don't take into account when they get back out and get high again.

Brownstone and Nighttrain fucking rule. You probably listen to Def Leotard.

I went back and listened to Nightrain and Mr. Brownstone. Nightrain is just as bad and forgettable as last time. There is nothing redeeming about it. Just a stereotypical, overproduced 1980's hair metal song. Mr. Brownstone is marginally better. If I was listening to it on the radio I'd turn the channel.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think most 80s music is terrible. Over produced, embrace of shitty synths way too much, snares hits sound like explosions. Grunge saved us. Give me dry production anyday. I can't imagine most of those 80s bands being good live due to all the studio magic.

Yeah pretty much this. There are some obvious exceptions though, like Metallica for example. Metallica did all of their best work during the '80s before then they went downhill. Jane's Addiction and Nine Inch Nails and Primus were also born in the '80s, but they were all real musicians who made their mark on the music world because they made exactly the kind of music they wanted to make, as opposed to being bands that were anointed by corporate big wigs because they were willing to do whatever they could to aim for a Top 40 hit single to make the record company the big bucks.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I like Mr. Brownstone....

As do most people.

Anyways
I went back and listened to Nightrain and Mr. Brownstone. Nightrain is just as bad and forgettable as last time. There is nothing redeeming about it. Just a stereotypical, overproduced 1980's hair metal song. Mr. Brownstone is marginally better. If I was listening to it on the radio I'd turn the channel.

3/10 not bad

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Jane's Addiction and Nine Inch Nails and Primus were also born in the '80s

Technically yes but NIN and Primus started in the very late 80s. The bookends of the 80s are solid. I thought the new wave sound was pretty damn good. Old school Elvis Costello, Talking Heads, The Police for early 80s. Primus, NIN, GnR, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soundgarden, Tool for the late 80s. A lot of the stuff in the middle was just awful. Only the metal in the mid-80s was any good. Megadeth and Metallica had legit material.

Oh, and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Technically yes but NIN and Primus started in the very late 80s. The bookends of the 80s are solid. I thought the new wave sound was pretty damn good. Old school Elvis Costello, Talking Heads, The Police for early 80s. Primus, NIN, GnR, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soundgarden, Tool for the late 80s. A lot of the stuff in the middle was just awful. Only the metal in the mid-80s was any good. Megadeth and Metallica had legit material.

Oh, and Stevie Ray Vaughan.
Someone show this pretentious faggot the way back to reddit

• 1Like