Last Epoch

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's just kind of a "feature" of ARPGs. Pick skills with high baseline values while leveling then swap to skills with better scaling values late game that don't work well without gear

Nola

Trakanon Raider

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Man this game has some weird things going on. It's very curious how when you load back into the same zone, everything is respawned and the map is mostly reset but not quite(some random bits are revealed), and yet items are still on the floor. It's like they couldn't keep the state of an instance saved(even if only for a few minutes like poe does) but still save item positions(which is good since you can easily just walk out into a new area while trying to pick up loot in some places).

Another tech issue I'm having is whenever I open the stash in town, my GPU goes crazy high temp. I have to close it and reopen it a few times for it to calm down. Even during boss fights with a minion build I'm having no issues with temps, but as soon as I open a stash in town? Oh boy here comes the rocket cooler fan speed. Shit's just weird. Alt tabbing and closing it a few times seems to fix the issue too which makes it even more questionnable.
I spoke to a dev about that in their discord. Zone repopulating when you re-enter it and it's basically a technical issue which it looks like it's here to stay.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just got into the game, made an Acolyte to eventually try Warlock on release, and something is wrong with the view distance, lol. This is what I see at max view distance (made it 1080 windowed to make a screenshot):

LPcrap.jpg

I don't recall the game being limited to this distance last year. Not seeing anything in settings that allows you to zoom out further, but this is basically unplayable. When zoomed all the way in, the screen is centered on the feet, with the head being off screen.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just got into the game, made an Acolyte to eventually try Warlock on release, and something is wrong with the view distance, lol. This is what I see at max view distance (made it 1080 windowed to make a screenshot):

View attachment 515352

I don't recall the game being limited to this distance last year. Not seeing anything in settings that allows you to zoom out further, but this is basically unplayable. When zoomed all the way in, the screen is centered on the feet, with the head being off screen.
Mousewheel? There's also keys you can assign. This is more zoomed in than it should be

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Restarting fixed it. Game still feels as janky as I remember. Have high expectations for 1.0 though, should be fun.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
They nerfed Hydrahedon but buffed Plasma orb by 40% which was already stronger than Hydrahedon before the patch.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They nerfed Hydrahedon but buffed Plasma orb by 40% which was already stronger than Hydrahedon before the patch.
Yeah, Plasma Orb is definitely the build I'm farming gear for first with the falconer. It already looked like an S-tier version of the VK autobomber, but seeing it not only survive the 1.0 patch but also get buffed sealed it.

Edit: Elemental Lore did finally get fixed though so that probably offsets the buff to the orb itself. Still going to be a top tier build by the look of it though. Just like how the nerf to shadow daggers won't have much of an effect either.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I really dislike "builds" that require you to swap playstyles multiple times before reaching the final form that you wanted to play to begin with. I haven't found a build planner yet for a Warpath/Smite Paladin that doesn't require playing the first 60+ lvls in some shitty build. Last i played, I think I was using a warpath build that was using smite/javelin/judgement, and it was fun while I played.
You usually don’t really have to play the other build first, that’s just how all the guides are made because another build is faster to level with than your final build plan. Since the skill trees unlock over time some of the skills don’t get good synergies until later, so it’s slower than the “optimal” leveling build.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah it's just a build thing for "faster leveling" but you can just play whatever you want while leveling including your final build in a gimped way, game's not really hard in the leveling process. Just spec into the stuff that makes the most sense and keep going. If your build is basically focused on a skill that only unlocks at like 30points into your mastery, obviously that's gonna be an issue and you'll need something else while leveling. It also makes sense to spec into your movement skill to make it as fast as possible and then just dump it/respec it to more utility stuff later since 90% of campaign stuff is running around.

Need to work on making a good item filter for launch, will probably do that tomorrow during downtime. You start getting a ton of items in the later chapters and I did a few monoliths after finishing the story and it was a massive amount of garbage in there(I only filtered white/blues and had a few recolors for minion specific stuff). Will get even worse with the SSF faction buffs so yeah.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I didn't realize the merchant's faction "AH" was an actual Bazaar. I thought they were just calling it that.

One item type at different merchants spread out over an area.... fucking lol. They REALLY wanted to make it as annoying as possible to trade.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Seems like POE streamers have found a second game they like and the meta is "muh race to 100 SSFHC" (everything has to be a race nowadays, you know). Oh, ZiggyD also had access to 1.0 and wants us to play this

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bought the game today to try it out a few minutes so I will appreciate the Graphic update a bit more. The animations when running were a bit wonky, a bit like iceskating or something.

Looking forward to tomorrow to try the new stuff out! Will go slow and not follow a guide. Ill just start a new guy if I somehow brick my first character. So sick of Build guides right now.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I didn't realize the merchant's faction "AH" was an actual Bazaar. I thought they were just calling it that.

One item type at different merchants spread out over an area.... fucking lol. They REALLY wanted to make it as annoying as possible to trade.

Sounds immersive

Aazrael Aazrael - I am homebrewing a sorc for first play thru SC (all ubers, everything). HC forever after that.

• 1Like