Last Epoch

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Warlock is so freakin fun, and looks fantastic visually. Started spin2win fire/smite pally and was having fun but wanted to try one of the newer classes to see what they felt like. Got pally to like 35 and then rolled up lock to like 25 or something and it's starting to come together. The visual upgrade to the last time I played this (years ago) is huge and while they could still work on the impact some abilities have, etc, its also much improved. It's not D4, but it's much better than it was. Probably going to roll up the invoker copy this weekend before deciding which class to push with.

All in all, a fun game - oh, and the loot filter is superb.
Yes it's got D2 style wimpy impact sometimes with certain abilities it's hard to tell that it's doing anything. Hopefully they fix that over time. The rest of the animations and graphics are decent enough to play with.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is that the big club one you gain from the fire echo boss? If so that’s a build enabler for earthquake werebear and it’s fun as fuck.

If it’s the staff one, idk what build that’s good on, if any.

I prefer to make people look at their keybind options, so they find all kinds of shit they didn’t realize existed.
Its the Firestarter's Torch. No idea if that is the enabler

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lots of people seem to enjoy Warlock. But I'll continue the Necro as a first character.

Going home in 15 minutes and Discord is already full of angry peoples.

Looking forward to this!

d2-door-beat.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I've got a busy day, but I'd prefer to bail on obligations to spam fissures all over the screen!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
7+ minutes to zone, went back to offline mode so I can at least melt some things. Grateful for that.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
One hilariously annoying thing is using right click in your inventory or at a shop doesn't stop your right click skill from firing. That's so bad lol. I had a movement skill on right click at first... boy howdy

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was contemplating this the other day. When I was complaining about this launching with an unfinished story.

PoE's story start to malachai/beast is fantastic. it has a perfect start. Peity, etc all keeps you in it, and everything builds up to the end. After that however.. ooph. Sin, and the beast retcon is blatantly tacked on. Kitava tacked on. They didnt' even bother to go insert any mention of this stuff into the acts 1-5 story anywhere so its not so much of a blatent retcon to the story. since 6-10 was done at once, that all does at least fit together itself... kindof. its blatantly an excuse to return to previous areas.
Atziri would have been a solid final boss. not sure why they didn't go with that. instead we at first got guardians/elder, and multivere madness. ok. then that gets retconned many times.
sirioius shit is completely retarded and lame, and again also completely tacked on.
Abyss, beyond, and other leagues having no relations to each other, and leaving no real marks on the land outside of the league. like, if we saw abyssal cultists outside of the league, ok. great. this is where prophecy and hinekora stuff works. Tied to the karui gods, these are characters we do hear of and talk to/about outside of the leagues.

D3 and 4.put way more focus on "story". I don't check out the d4 threads. but d3's story was so pants on head retarded, it hurt the game. which is again, because they put focus on it.
Poe's not really FOCUSED on the story, even in the first place. and then its opening story is then also fantastic.

Last epoch story... is incoherent on every level. even if you ignore the time travel and multiverse.
I think more to my point is that I've never had these considerations while playing PoE. I certainly like a good story in a game, it's just so rare to see it properly executed. Such that I don't consider it a negative when a game basically doesn't include a story because I'd much rather that instead of what we got with D3.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Saw a tip somewhere and tried it out. Spend all mana and you zone faster, unless it was peak timing and random. The loading screen is taking a bit though.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
If it makes you feel better. I've been stuck in a dungeon for 20 minutes. Can't zone out.
When it's taking that long, I found exiting to character select and coming back in helped a lot.

Hopefully they'll have it fixed by this evening. I was only able to beat the campaign and just barely start monos yesterday, don't want to play offline because I specifically wanted to check out the auction house/bazaar and see what the economy was gonna be like. Seems like even popular build-defining uniques that are common drops go for like 70-300k gold, but you need favor to buy anything, and the favor costs were like 1500, which is a fair bit of grinding. To gamble items with favor, they costed a whopping 4k favor, which was just insane, but they do have really good bases.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Lots of people seem to enjoy Warlock. But I'll continue the Necro as a first character.

Going home in 15 minutes and Discord is already full of angry peoples.

Looking forward to this!
Necro is quite good too and has a variety of builds it seems like. Leveling as the minion army generic build works well and is really easy and it converts well into early monoliths too. I also liked they had "active" minions that you have to spam with volatile zombies and wraiths so it's not just running around. When I played my char just before launch it was fire necro with archer with burning arrows, mages with pyromancy, flame wraiths(made permanent so only 2), bone golem for tanking and volatile zombies for active skill and it was great, melted everything, only time I died during campaign+3 first monolith timelines was on Lagon with his beam(I had like 0 resist of anything up until that point though cause I hadn't needed it, just got one shot straight up, started actually gearing after that) and one time when I went afk during an arena mono which turns out wasn't the best idea when some big ice guys spawned and bombarded me with ice stuff.

Got my warlock to mono and it is definitely quite fun, although you sometimes get the "poe special" where all your shit kinda procs at the same time in a huge pack of mobs and the PC just shugs and loses 30frames as everything resolves at once and explodes. Shits on bosses too though which is interesting since the build looked more like a good clearer but on bosses you just stack your ailments super high with like 4-5curses and you can just spam chaos bolt to gain ward like crazy and just facetank most things.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I was playing just fine online with some delay in between zones. Now it appears the servers are back to the way they were yesterday. Oh well.

• 1Solidarity