Last Epoch

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Maybe I just misread something. I thought it was somebody talking about their warlock.

How long is the campaign? If I just got to the empire deal how many more chapters I guess am I going, or is it maybe about halfway done? Will you hit 50 by the time you finish the campaign? I definitely seems like leveling is pretty quick which has been nice.
You can start monoliths pretty much whenever you want. I went in at the end of act 5 and roughly level 28. Cleared the right side until level 60 then did the campaign skip by killing T1 Julra (Sanctum boss) so that I didn't have to do the rest of the campaign.

If this is your first time playing, I would just keep doing the campaign and not worry about monoliths until it's over. There's no real benefit to doing them early if you aren't trying to level up fast to do the shortcut to act 9.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ahh finally 35 and the Zoo is up and running!

Went all Cold Golem/Archers/Mages. So far so good.

Skärmbild 2024-02-23 185830.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
You can start monoliths pretty much whenever you want. I went in at the end of act 5 and roughly level 28. Cleared the right side until level 60 then did the campaign skip by killing T1 Julra (Sanctum boss) so that I didn't have to do the rest of the campaign.

If this is your first time playing, I would just keep doing the campaign and not worry about monoliths until it's over. There's no real benefit to doing them early if you aren't trying to level up fast to do the shortcut to act 9.
Thanks, bud.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Picked this up yesterday, seems fun. Haven't played PoE in like 3 years and just didn't feel like re-learning whatever new overly complicated shit they've put in since then. Great timing for this release. Was planning on touching lots of grass this weekend with the gorgeous weather we are having but now I just want to poop sock it for a couple days. ☹️

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Luckily they're being good friends and making sure you can't right now

• 2Worf

Caliane

I "hear" all the connection issues are not effecting monoliths. I've not tested this.

edit: finally got into monoliths, it does seem to work. but only did 1 run. going off for a jog.
monster level 58, I did it at level 32 however on my falconer.

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Maybe I just misread something. I thought it was somebody talking about their warlock.

How long is the campaign? If I just got to the empire deal how many more chapters I guess am I going, or is it maybe about halfway done? Will you hit 50 by the time you finish the campaign? I definitely seems like leveling is pretty quick which has been nice.

You finish around 56 or 58 depending on how much of the map you clear and zones you re-visit. First monolith starts at 62 or 64, I can't remember. You can try to zone in at the end of time and see if it work, it used to be blocked.

EDIT: looks like it works and has changed from beta.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Oh, mine doesn’t. I launch it in fully offline. I’m guessing they have the offline with chat mode available if you launch it in online first.

There are 3 modes.

Full Offline - Pressing Start Offline from the steam window when you start the game.
Offline - Selecting Offline character inside the game once you launch it online from steam window (This version still has in game chat).
Online - Selecting Online character inside the game once you launch it online from steam window.

• 1Truth!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There are 3 modes.

Full Offline - Pressing Start Offline from the steam window when you start the game.
Offline - Selecting Offline character inside the game once you launch it online from steam window (This version still has in game chat).
Online - Selecting Online character inside the game once you launch it online from steam window.
Does the middle one, offline but chat, have all the server issues people have been mentioning? Or is that only the last one, fully online?

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Picked this up yesterday, seems fun. Haven't played PoE in like 3 years and just didn't feel like re-learning whatever new overly complicated shit they've put in since then. Great timing for this release. Was planning on touching lots of grass this weekend with the gorgeous weather we are having but now I just want to poop sock it for a couple days. ☹️
Fishing has picked up and the weather is beautiful. It's a constant battle between sitting down and playing a new game, or going out and wetting a line.

Most of the time I opt for fishing, but all try to play the evenings after dinner, I just can't stay up late anymore because I'm getting old. Need to get some red bulls or something.

• 3Solidarity

Vorph

There are 3 modes.

Have you seen a way to make the desktop shortcut do the Full Offline mode? Even selecting in Steam to always use that mode doesn't work and it always goes back to the standard online/offline login screen.

Vorph

Does the middle one, offline but chat, have all the server issues people have been mentioning? Or is that only the last one, fully online?
The offline modes are essentially the same, unless the servers were to go completely down in which case only the full offline version would work.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
The offline modes are essentially the same, unless the servers were to go completely down in which case only the full offline version would work.
So if you do offline lite, whenever the servers get fixed, you can play with your buddies online, but you can't if it's full offline, right?

elidib

Vyemm Raider

I knew that this was possible but hadn't tried it because I thought it was only feasible for heavily geared twinks. Are you really able to reliably kill level 58 mobs at level 28? What build? Did you just avoid rare monsters and grind on white mobs till you leveled up enough?

Fucker

Log Wizard
Fishing has picked up and the weather is beautiful. It's a constant battle between sitting down and playing a new game, or going out and wetting a line.

Most of the time I opt for fishing, but all try to play the evenings after dinner, I just can't stay up late anymore because I'm getting old. Need to get some red bulls or something.
Go fishing. This is just another boring ARPG_176419476843 that you've played 27843x before.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Found this one, how does +skills work? Do you get an extra point to spend?

Skärmbild 2024-02-23 210830.png

• 2Like

Vorph

So if you do offline lite, whenever the servers get fixed, you can play with your buddies online, but you can't if it's full offline, right?
No, offline lite and full offline are the same characters that can never be used online.

I knew that this was possible but hadn't tried it because I thought it was only feasible for heavily geared twinks. Are you really able to reliably kill level 58 mobs at level 28? What build? Did you just avoid rare monsters and grind on white mobs till you leveled up enough?
Yeah, it was easy as a falconer (shadow daggers). I started doing level 90 monoliths around level 70 too. Monster level doesn't mean a whole lot, but you do need resists capped or close to it to avoid dying constantly.

If anyone else is playing falconer, be aware that the leveling build on maxroll sucks. He has you spec into something that drastically increases mana usage and makes it a complete slog to play. You could probably fix it by just not taking that node in explosive traps, but I found it easier to just respec to shadow daggers right then instead of waiting until 70ish. Also I highly recommend trying to get a T6 CDR roll on an exalted belt, it made a massive difference in my clear speed.

Found this one, how does +skills work? Do you get an extra point to spend?
You'll have 21 points instead of 20 in the end.

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
No, offline lite and full offline are the same characters that can never be used online.

Yeah, it was easy as a falconer (shadow daggers). I started doing level 90 monoliths around level 70 too. Monster level doesn't mean a whole lot, but you do need resists capped or close to it to avoid dying constantly.

If anyone else is playing falconer, be aware that the leveling build on maxroll sucks. He has you spec into something that drastically increases mana usage and makes it a complete slog to play. You could probably fix it by just not taking that node in explosive traps, but I found it easier to just respec to shadow daggers right then instead of waiting until 70ish. Also I highly recommend trying to get a T6 CDR roll on an exalted belt, it made a massive difference in my clear speed.

You'll have 21 points instead of 20 in the end.
Is the only difference that you still have global chat with bunch of random retards? If so what the hell. When I played yesterday evening I assumed that character must have been saved on their servers even though it wasn't allowing me to link or party up with anybody at the time.

God damn it. Why even do that? Why not just have offline and online?