Last Epoch

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So I finally got my mage to the majasa fight but phase 2 where it goes melee just instantly kills me during a stun.

Is there a good place to farm gear or xp to respec or get a bit more defensive stats since I assume I can't do any other content besides story maps at this point?
You could try just respeccing your passives, move some to defensive stuff. It’s pretty cheap and you don’t have to grind any exp to do it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You can do monoliths as soon as you get to the end of time (which is I think around act 4 of the campaign usually?). Monos should be pretty easy for you and you'll get good exp and a fair amount of upgrades.

• 1Like

Khane

Them scaling with minion hp is fine but they should be untargettable with your own stuff. The ward thing isn't the first issue with bone curse walls, there's some 0.9 builds that use it with sacrifice to do stupid stuff like one shotting bosses(takes a bunch of prep but still). The issue then though is that you still have ways to do it. Someone on reddit posted a lazier way to do it with volatile zombies and the unique ring for them where it just constantly resummons zombies so you don't have to press curse, probably less ward generated I'm not entirely sure but yeah the mechanic is kinda weird anyway and feels like it's just begging to be abused with some bullshit summon loop with skeletons or zombies to still give you stupid ward and remove the entirety of the defensive layer concerns when building any acolyte(since you can get all of these skills baseline or by investing into warlock tree which is really strong regardless so you'd likely have some points in there anyway).

Yea there are also a few skill points in Warlock/Acolyte skills that proc skeletons and other summons as well. Lots of ways to do it.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Summoned my Wraithlord and got the stupid big dragon down in normal Monliths. I think I might need to respec to that build for real.

Khane

I am trader too. I am not sure how you can't buy uniques w/LP. Are you not rank 8 yet? Just *list* an item and then unlist it. Rinse/repeat. Makes rank 10 pretty ez to get with typical favor farming, and it earns the most amount of rep possible, you get more per point doing that than gambling from that merchant vendor. You blow your favor that way, but its quick level up for the most part.

But yeah, I have a friend thats cof and while it's nice, trader is much easier to play for my style. I dont want to sift through tons of loot. I want to get money, then buy what i need. Meanwhile I'm on snore while my friend keeps sorting through all his loot.

I think they need to smooth the curve out a bit for the faction grind. It took me ~50 hours to get to rank 8, which on CoF isn't that big a deal because you're getting rewards every rank but for Merchant it kinda sucks cuz you can't get what you really want (LP Uniques) until then and 50 hours could mean weeks for most people.

Khane

One thing I haven't seen, or maybe missed... but is there any way to get ailment avoidance/immunity in this game? I'm really sick of getting chilled/slowed.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea I was just gonna post, pretty sure they only have direct removal, but no avoidance or immunity.

I use Frost Claw (as Nirgs mentioned):

LostTupac.JPG

It's my right-click spam skill, so running around without any slow or shred or anything that ails me is

Larry David Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There is a belt affix that removes all ailments on potion use which you can use to remove annoying shit, doesn't help when you're getting spammed but for most things it works well enough. It's a rare affix though you should add it to your filter to notice it and shatter a few, the affix has tiers but only for the other part(I think ward on potion use), the cleanse part is always 100% so realistically only need one shard.

Classes have varying ways to remove ailments too, some have pretty shit ones some have good ones but depends on build and stuff so hard to guarantee it. Like on primalist you can get 2 easily(one on leap, one on warcry) but that doesn't help if you don't use the skills.

So I finally got my mage to the majasa fight but phase 2 where it goes melee just instantly kills me during a stun.

Is there a good place to farm gear or xp to respec or get a bit more defensive stats since I assume I can't do any other content besides story maps at this point?
Try to get your phys as high as possible, preferably capped. Check Idols you might have and see if you have any item you can craft on with an empty suffix to slap phys res and then upgrade it to T5, otherwise just grind the areas before her with all the snakes, very good density so you'll definitely get stuff. Just slap whatever phys resist you can get on until you have 75% or close to, get some leech or some other way to regen health and then she can't really kill you so you can just punch her until she dies.

Khane

Yea ailment removal is very much "who cares" to me. Especially since a lot of the enemies channel stuff. Oh well.

I was watching some streamers play that busted warlock ward build and the actual ward values are closer to 200k, the UI just doesn't show anything over like 69000 (nice), so then it deteriorates and immediately shows another 69k shield heh.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My favorite grinding area is next to the moon shrine, with all the crabs. Love the density and the big map layout, can do a big circuit on it.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

I'm having the same issue on my runemaster, going to farm the first tier monoliths until I get better gear and go back to kill her. I respecced a lot of points in defensive abilities and still getting rekt when she gets on you.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
As I said above it's just resists, honestly by the time I reach her I usually have most resists at 60+ as good gear start dropping during chapter 8 and it's pretty easy if you upgrade the resist lines. I've facetanked her on most chars, some have enough damage to kill her without her doing much but the ones that were suckier on damage still had no trouble with capped phys. The void knight I was playing earlier had really slow boss killing speed(outdated non optimal weapon and the build is frontloaded with defenses but not much dmg) so it took forever to kill her but with 750hp and 75phys she couldn't one shot me with her blood aoe thing and the rest couldn't actually deal much dmg, so it was just a matter of killing her slowly. I actually got to see all her skills this time and figure out how she works, on most other chars she just died doing only a couple of things inbetween heals.

Respecing for defenses doesn't do that much if you're not like 70% phys resist though, she does have pretty brutal attacks and they're hard to avoid, but as long as you have resist she doesn't hurt much. But a single piece with a T4 phys mod is like 30%, so you only need a couple+a phys resist idol or something and you're good to go. Also having big damage actually makes her easier too, since when she reaches like 66% and 33% she goes and heal, and you can keep attacking her while she's healing so with good damage you just kill her mostly as she's healing, especially if you have 15-18% culling so you skip the last bit after the 2nd heal.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
As I said above it's just resists, honestly by the time I reach her I usually have most resists at 60+ as good gear start dropping during chapter 8 and it's pretty easy if you upgrade the resist lines. I've facetanked her on most chars, some have enough damage to kill her without her doing much but the ones that were suckier on damage still had no trouble with capped phys. The void knight I was playing earlier had really slow boss killing speed(outdated non optimal weapon and the build is frontloaded with defenses but not much dmg) so it took forever to kill her but with 750hp and 75phys she couldn't one shot me with her blood aoe thing and the rest couldn't actually deal much dmg, so it was just a matter of killing her slowly. I actually got to see all her skills this time and figure out how she works, on most other chars she just died doing only a couple of things inbetween heals.

Respecing for defenses doesn't do that much if you're not like 70% phys resist though, she does have pretty brutal attacks and they're hard to avoid, but as long as you have resist she doesn't hurt much. But a single piece with a T4 phys mod is like 30%, so you only need a couple+a phys resist idol or something and you're good to go. Also having big damage actually makes her easier too, since when she reaches like 66% and 33% she goes and heal, and you can keep attacking her while she's healing so with good damage you just kill her mostly as she's healing, especially if you have 15-18% culling so you skip the last bit after the 2nd heal.

I'm 60% + on all resists and she kills me in 3 hits with her melee combo.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
No clue if he's right about this, but might want to be aware. I don't really know much about the whole crafting system yet.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
No clue if he's right about this, but might want to be aware. I don't really know much about the whole crafting system yet.

Pretty sure he’s wrong. In the first few seconds of the video you can see his runes going down by 2 in the crafting window but when he pulls up his main crafting window it only deducted 1. Also all the commenters are saying the refund thing is only on circle of fortune items. So a visual bug plus him not doing it right/understanding the refund system.

He didn’t read the entire instruction I guess.

IMG_2970.jpeg

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think they need to smooth the curve out a bit for the faction grind. It took me ~50 hours to get to rank 8, which on CoF isn't that big a deal because you're getting rewards every rank but for Merchant it kinda sucks cuz you can't get what you really want (LP Uniques) until then and 50 hours could mean weeks for most people.
I haven't tried out the Merchants faction, so when you mention being able to get LP uniques, that is just the ability to buy them from other players, right?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't tried out the Merchants faction, so when you mention being able to get LP uniques, that is just the ability to buy them from other players, right?
Yes. LP items still drop. The chances of getting a LP 3 or 4 of a specific item you want by yourself is low. He means just being able to buy them from others.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure he’s wrong. In the first few seconds of the video you can see his runes going down by 2 in the crafting window but when he pulls up his main crafting window it only deducted 1. Also all the commenters are saying the refund thing is only on circle of fortune items. So a visual bug plus him not doing it right/understanding the refund system.

He didn’t read the entire instruction I guess.
For some reason that double charge followed by refund is all over CoF stuff. You can see it every time you buy a prophecy too. Your favor drops 2x then goes back up.

That said, I am a bit skeptical about the 45% number on runes of ascendance. I used 10 on making shields and only got refunded once. And yes, every shield was CoF tagged (which is a real pain in the ass since you can't filter items with the tag and have to scan every single shield or whatever other slot you're looking for weaver's will items that drops to see if it's useful).

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
For some reason that double charge followed by refund is all over CoE stuff. You can see it every time you buy a prophecy too. Your favor drops 2x then goes back up.

That said, I am a bit skeptical about the 45% number on runes of ascendance. I used 10 on making shields and only got refunded once. And yes, every shield was CoE tagged (which is a real pain in the ass since you can't filter items with the tag and have to scan every single shield or whatever other slot you're looking for weaver's will items that drops to see if it's useful).
Why are you calling it CoE? Are we talking about two things or are you typo-ing the F?