Last Epoch

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Finally hitting the endgame wall again. Got quite a bit more out of it this time though. Something still feels like it's "missing" though. Could play other builds but rebuilding corruption and unlocking blessings again is a slog.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yeah they could stand to take a page out of GGG's book with that and let us itemize the blessings to bank them at least, if not to put them on the auction house.

Also would be cool to itemize gaze of orobyss', so that you could just buy a stack of them to increase your corruption a lot instead of having to slog through the whole monolith again and again.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
fucking kek, imagine playing HC

Capture.PNG

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This will be my third time to endgame....I'll see how I feel. I felt somethign was missing too which is odd. This is WAY more complete an endgame than any other ARPG launch I can remember.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think a lot of it has to do with the lack of true repeatability and "control" over what you are running when compared to other ARPGs.

I'd say they probably have plans for a system that allows players to, say, control which types of echos spawn, etc, but building corruption is a slow ,random process and some of the echos are just annoying (arenas). The prophecies are a cool idea in CoF but rolling them becomes a chore and while lenses offer some control its still largely random

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Did anyone come up with a youtuber that has info on this that's worth a shit and not someone making videos because they are afraid it's going to be a big thing and they get left behind? I missed a few things apparently and probably need to watch a basic video before restarting.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Did anyone come up with a youtuber that has info on this that's worth a shit and not someone making videos because they are afraid it's going to be a big thing and they get left behind? I missed a few things apparently and probably need to watch a basic video before restarting.
Rax is pretty solid when it comes to info on ARPGs.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Alternate leveling paths and ability to change the campaign by doing so or choices made. Killing someone or something, preventing something from happening. They can be different here and make something really cool with the time travel theme.

Imagine getting to the End of Time and killing some boss way before you should be able and Elder being like oh u done did it now.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Been playing Paladin, mostly because I wanted some blessed hammer action. Is there a class or build that doesn't have such shitty movement skills? The cooldown on movement skills and/or amount of movement speed doesn't keep pace with how fast you can dispose of a pack.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Been playing Paladin, mostly because I wanted some blessed hammer action. Is there a class or build that doesn't have such shitty movement skills? The cooldown on movement skills and/or amount of movement speed doesn't keep pace with how fast you can dispose of a pack.
Feels like for Sentinel you need 2 movement skills for it to be good, like shield rush(need to specialize if you don't use a shield) + spear(need to specialize it)/lunge(can be unspecialized) then it's fine, but feels bad depending on the build to run 2 of these. For other classes it depends but most are fine I'd say if you take their movement skill and specialize it, as most will give you haste for 3s after using them, so it bridges the gap from the cooldown. Rogue is also super fast in general and Druid has some good options for movement(Rampage in bear, Dive in swarmblade, Spriggan is fucked though). Some builds can get really high speed but for the most part gameplay is slower than PoE for sure.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't use any movement skills on my hammerdin. Embrace the slowness.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
i run shield rush unspecialized and it seems fine, i specialize smite that isn't allocated onto my bar because it casts from a relic so i use that to get around faster
without that it would be pretty awful though lol

edit: also a hammerdin

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Following that Wraithlord build I went into low life Ward (health drain and builds ward). I get like 5k Ward now but the guy in the build video had 16k Ward. How the hell did he get that much?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You're just too used to the "zoomer" effect of PoE. The only class that gets even remotely close to that level of movement speed IMO is Rogue. Everything else is going to be waiting on cooldowns.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Following that Wraithlord build I went into low life Ward (health drain and builds ward). I get like 5k Ward now but the guy in the build video had 16k Ward. How the hell did he get that much?
I have the same problem with Falconer Build. Now I know the guy has a 4 affix Unique Bow that is awesome but I cannot get anywhere close to the millions he is doing. I am guessing some of this has to do with my current level being 74 and not quite having the optimized gear.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Better gear, but if you're using profane veil you need some minion health mods to scale that. If you're not it's likely lack of necrotic res being low because they have it on every piece of gear to scale Boneclamor Barbute.

5k ward should be plenty for pretty much anything besides stupid corruption though.

Also their lastest patch broke a bunch of random things, the most annoying of which is healthbars. Can't fucking see my health anymore above my char which is terrible.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Try to get some gear that procs Haste, helps a lot with map traversal. Having 36% base movespd, 30% movespd in Warpath, and a Haste item is nice. As for actual movement skill, I just use Lunge.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Rax is pretty solid when it comes to info on ARPGs.

That guy has an endgame guide that I was listening to this morning. I don't know who any of these people are, and like Borzak Borzak said, it seems there's this big blood of just random video game dorks making videos that you don't necessarily learn anything useful from. For whatever reason this game is really bad about it. Most of the class guide videos and stuff I found are almost impossible to watch or listen to.

This guy's at least somewhat normal.

I don't know if maybe YouTube is prioritizing newer content versus old stuff because I know the game's been out for a long time, but most of the videos that are popping up are all recent. Is there somebody out there that's got a bunch of older stuff that would still be applicable to 1.0?