Last Knights (2015)

spronk

FPS noob
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Last Knights

Genre: Action, Adventure

Director: Kazuaki Kiriya

Cast: Clive Owen, Morgan Freeman, Aksel Hennie, Shohreh Aghdashloo, James Babson, Giorgio Caputo, Cliff Curtis, Tsuyoshi Ihara, Klára Issová, Ahn Sung-Ki, Anna Linhartová, Park Si-yeon, Payman Maadi, Noah Silver, Ayelet Zurer, Rose Caton, Michael Lombardi, Daniel Adegboyega, Dave Legeno, Val Lauren, Robert Russell, Lee Ingleby, Peter Hosking, Dan Brown, Nigel Gore, Chris Consilvio, Pavel Kříž, Brian Caspe, Booda, Tomás Havlík, Tatiana Evonuk, Michael Pavlik, Leo Stransky, Petr Kotík, Zoran Kovacevic, Patrik Plesinger, Zdenek Astr, Rod Grover, Michal Maler, Václav Chalupa, Libor Mika, Petr Bozdech, Radek Bruna, Zdenek Dvoracek, Rene Hajek, Karel Hartl, Jiri Horky, Petr Kadlec, Roman Kracik, Petr Kucera, Jan Loukota, Ondrej Malina, Ondra Moravec, Miroslav Navrátil, Pavel Novotny, Milos Reznicek, Jiri Simberský, Pavel Vokoun, Pavel Bezdek, Kevin Clarke, Jan Hrdina, Tomás Tobola

Release: 2015-04-03

Runtime: 115

Plot: When an evil emperor executes their leader, his band of knights – bound by duty and honour – embarks on a journey of vengeance that will not come to an end until they've destroyed their mortal foe.

spronk

FPS noob
[CONTAINER][POSTER]View attachment 118982[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Last Knights (2015)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Kazuaki Kiriya[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Clive Owen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Morgan Freeman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aksel Hennie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Shohreh Aghdashloo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Babson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Giorgio Caputo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Cliff Curtis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tsuyoshi Ihara[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Klára Issová[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ahn Sung-Ki[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anna Linhartová[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Park Si-yeon[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-04-03[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]115[/RUNTIME]

Plot: When an evil emperor executes their leader, his band of knights – bound by duty and honour – embarks on a journey of vengeance that will not come to an end until they've destroyed their mortal foe.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

Saw bluray rips of this movie out, never heard of it and I don't think it hit theaters in USA

A fallen warrior rises against a corrupt and sadistic ruler to avenge his dishonored master in a sword-clashing adventure of loyalty, honor, and vengeance.

Saw it this weekend and it wasn't that bad, very 90s action / adventure movie vibe. The first half of the movie is too slow in parts but the second half is pretty badass. Not very good casting, Clive Owen is a robot and the bad guy is doing the shittiest Loki impression and Morgan Freeman looks like he'd rather be asleep but still the sets and action are fun and enjoyable.

Would recommend to anyone who likes D&D-ish movies. It is more or less a retelling of the 47 Ronin story, but without any fantastic magics and stuff that imo made the Keanu Reeves version kinda shitty.

I'd also make sure you have subtitles turned on, especially for some of the Asian actors.

spronk

FPS noob
jKcbKy4C9bbwcBWGkMQR70vBNXJ.jpg

Title: Last Knights

Genre: Action, Adventure

Director: Kazuaki Kiriya

Cast: Clive Owen, Morgan Freeman, Aksel Hennie, Shohreh Aghdashloo, James Babson, Giorgio Caputo, Cliff Curtis, Tsuyoshi Ihara, Klára Issová, Ahn Sung-Ki, Anna Linhartová, Park Si-yeon, Payman Maadi, Noah Silver, Ayelet Zurer, Rose Caton, Michael Lombardi, Daniel Adegboyega, Dave Legeno, Val Lauren, Robert Russell, Lee Ingleby, Peter Hosking, Dan Brown, Nigel Gore, Chris Consilvio, Pavel Kříž, Brian Caspe, Booda, Tomás Havlík, Tatiana Evonuk, Michael Pavlik, Leo Stransky, Petr Kotík, Zoran Kovacevic, Patrik Plesinger, Zdenek Astr, Rod Grover, Michal Maler, Václav Chalupa, Libor Mika, Petr Bozdech, Radek Bruna, Zdenek Dvoracek, Rene Hajek, Karel Hartl, Jiri Horky, Petr Kadlec, Roman Kracik, Petr Kucera, Jan Loukota, Ondrej Malina, Ondra Moravec, Miroslav Navrátil, Pavel Novotny, Milos Reznicek, Jiri Simberský, Pavel Vokoun, Pavel Bezdek, Kevin Clarke, Jan Hrdina, Tomás Tobola

Release: 2015-04-03

Runtime: 115

Plot: When an evil emperor executes their leader, his band of knights – bound by duty and honour – embarks on a journey of vengeance that will not come to an end until they've destroyed their mortal foe.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Saw it this weekend and it wasn't that bad, very 90s action / adventure movie vibe. The first half of the movie is too slow in parts but the second half is pretty badass. Not very good casting, Clive Owen is a robot and the bad guy is doing the shittiest Loki impression and Morgan Freeman looks like he'd rather be asleep but still the sets and action are fun and enjoyable.
Way to sell it.

Aydenn

Lord Nagafen Raider
very 90s action / adventure movie vibe
That's so very accurate. I couldn't put my finger on it when I was watching, but yah. Overall not a bad movie, worth a watch I'd say

Sterling

El Presidente
Just now watched this. Not a great movie, but not awful either. Glad I didn't go out to see it though.

spronk

FPS noob
just fast forward the last 45 mins is pretty cool

spoilers about the end:
I was a bit confused at the ending, whether he dreamed re-uniting with his wife as he was executed or actually did get free. Googled around and I guess the director says his intentions are that his entire plan was to get close to the emperor to assassinate him, since the emperor was also directly responsible for all the bad shit going down. So his "eye open" moment was just a hint he was about to go all badass ninja.

Thats pretty cool, wish they woulda shown more of that and cut out some of the boring shit at the beginning.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watched this on Netflix a couple of nights back, and overall not a bad movie, good reason to eat a bowl of popcorn and cuddle with the wife. But dear god has Hollywood ran with the 47 Ronin thing, this is the 3rd or 4th movie in as many years with the same story premise. The actual historical event was badass, but these guys are recycling this story like crazy and barely doing anything to disguise it anymore. Oh this one we'll add mystical magical stuff, and this one will be historically accurate, and this one will be Westernized, ooh next lets do it in space!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
this movie has a 14% on Rotten Tomatoes. definitely isn't that bad. the acting was pretty flat for the first stretch of the movie, and the whole anti-government corruption meta message was annoyingly heavy handed, but once the plot exposition part is over the movie gets solid.

straight C grade, which to me means go ahead and watch it if you enjoy the genre and have nothing better to do for a couple hours.

Last edited:

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Watched this on Netflix a couple of nights back, and overall not a bad movie, good reason to eat a bowl of popcorn and cuddle with the wife. But dear god has Hollywood ran with the 47 Ronin thing, this is the 3rd or 4th movie in as many years with the same story premise. The actual historical event was badass, but these guys are recycling this story like crazy and barely doing anything to disguise it anymore. Oh this one we'll add mystical magical stuff, and this one will be historically accurate, and this one will be Westernized, ooh next lets do it in space!

Yeah as I was watching I figured it out about 30 minutes in that it was just 47 ronin. way better then the 47 ronin that keanu did.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I liked the world it was created but good god, the movie was so cliche, bland, predictable and the story has been overused a 1000 times before.
The idea was great but the execution was horrible.

4/10

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
All through watching this I was like, "you know I could just be watching The 13th Warrior now instead and feel a lot more satisfied".

It's just so damn derivative.

Every scene was filmed inside of a set and it feels like it.

Everyone was self conscious of the poses they were striking, and the stylish but not necessarily practical garments and armors they were wearing.

and while everyone really thought sword fighting was cool, no one seemed to know how the in the hell people actually fought with swords.

I feel slightly guilty hating on them, because I think we are all in the same boat regarding what makes a cool movie, but this was not executed to live up to one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
there's just not enough movies like this that come out with even a mediocre production value... i eat 'em up when they do. even tho this one is definitely a C at best.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database