League of Extraordinary Gentlemen remake

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
i actually didn't have any issue with the first one, but I'm happy to see them giving it another shot. Those comics are awesome.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I always thought the first one was just kind of mediocre. It wasn't even a box office bomb, but it killed Connery and Townsend's careers.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sean Connery, sexy vampress, and bunch of Hawkeye/Black Widow characters. Yeah, they could do it better.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I guess Penny Dreadful has them thinking the time is right to try this again.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i think i saw the original once or twice, it wasnt bad, hardly a classic though. a reboot might be ok. sean connery was butthurt about turning down the role of gandalf in LoTR so he figured this would make up for it. it didnt so he retired, it didnt ruin his career, the guy was in his 70s and has an incredible legacy.

Szlia

I thought there was some clever things done with the script in the first one, like having Tom Sawyer as an entry point for american viewers or adding Dorian Gray to the crew. The problem though is that it was written for 12 years olds, so it was heavy handed tunnel central while the comic was a lot more subtle and assumed a modicum of culture or at least curiosity from the reader.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I never responded to the "What is the worst movie you've seen at the theater?" thread because no one movie stood out immediately when I thought about it.

Until I saw this bit of news today, that is.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't mind the first and I'm not optimistic they will ever get this right. But I'll go ahead and get my hopes up since I love the comics. Hopefully They Make Quartermain A Dope fiend in this one.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am just waiting for the Goonies, Gremlins, Rad, and Say Anything remakes now.

Someone asked about why remakes are so awful. I equate it to remembering your first hot girlfriend, then learning years later that the sweaty asshole in highschool fucked her sideways while joking about you with her.

Sure it has nothing to do with you now, nor the enjoyment you had originally, but that memory is now tainted. God Damnit! I didn't even like the first League movie.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I am just waiting for the Goonies, Gremlins
You do know that there is a Gremlins remake and a Goonies sequel in the works right? It's still early enough on that the projects may never start shooting, but they're already being worked on.

TheBigTor_sl

shitlord
You do know that there is a Gremlins remake and a Goonies sequel in the works right? It's still early enough on that the projects may never start shooting, but they're already being worked on.
No, no they are not!

rrr_img_98515.jpg

fris

Vyemm Raider
i liked in a "i know this is really bad, but for a bad film it's not that bad" kind of way. i think it suffered most from trying to take a very dark, R rated subject and turn it into a pg (13?) movie. i never read the comics, but a friend told me how dr. jekyll's formula was to cure his gayness basically, and mr. hyde raped the invisible man to death. i forget the reason but the invisible man had to go, so the team let mr hyde do it. that's some dark shit.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The intro part where Connery puts on his glasses and shoots the protoNazi had me pretty excited where the movie was going and then it just went all limp and mediocre. I think I liked more of the themes and potential than the movie itself.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i never read the comics, but a friend told me how dr. jekyll's formula was to cure his gayness basically, and mr. hyde raped the invisible man to death. i forget the reason but the invisible man had to go, so the team let mr hyde do it. that's some dark shit.
hydedeath.jpg

PwLQvCP.jpg

RFPXBpz.jpg

invisible man gave intel on us to aliens and also beat up mental/physical Mina, the only person Hyde cared about (or related to?)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Hyde ended that series like a badass too. Stripped naked and walked straight into a bunch of tripods while whistling a tune. Tore down one and beat an alien to death with his bare hands before another tripod fried him.

Quartermain and the plot with Moriarte as a criminal mastermind would be good too. It was cool because he was originally an intelligence officer who was pretending to be a criminal then didn't realize what the difference was, "Am I an intelligence officer pretending to be a crime boss or a crime boss pretending to be an intelligence officer?"

That comic was all kinds of epic.