League Of Legends

Vitality

HUSTLE
So what's your guys' take on the new SR map? I haven't played it yet. I'll likely be focusing on Jungle this season because my immediate set of friends all seem to suck the days dick at the role.

I really want to make Katarina jungle a thing.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
colors are too muted imo.

There was a huge reddit thread about the desaturated look and some riot guys said they might make the "islands" more saturated, which would help.

Right now the map looks flat. Black isnt even used, the darkest color is gray. I actually feel like it deters a bit from playing because regardless of what Riot says, the map IS part of the gameplay. They are trying to highlight the fights better but the terrain plays a very important role in team fights.

The actual models / creatures / animations are all great but the textures are just bad atm.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I actually like the new map. I understand where people are coming from with the saturation but to me it's just a different theme and I like the subdued theme plenty. It's so easy to see everything.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I actually like the new map. I understand where people are coming from with the saturation but to me it's just a different theme and I like the subdued theme plenty. It's so easy to see everything.
Well yea the minions/champs do pop more for sure. The map is not as easy to see though, since that's their intended goal. I would just be happier if there was a sense of depth. Any important terrain should pop more. Like walls/brush basically. The actual ground layer can stay desaturated. Seeing walls/brush is kinda important though. They need to pop as much as minions do.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
haha. I feel like it doesn't attack that slowly on live but maybe it does. They've never seemed to care that much about weird conditions for early dragons (fiddle, nunu, aggro bouncing) but that is super easy and dragons are more important now so it's unlikely that goes unchanged.

That's PBE dragon. Even on the updated map in team builder attacks at a much faster rate for less damage per hit. PBE version of the dragon currently does that slow attack but it hits much harder. There is also a video of a fiora doing it at level three as well, although her solo is much harder. Uses her W active to reflect an attack and then she backs away from the dragon when her dashes are up and dodges two attacks with said dashes. It seems the fireball is targeted at the ground where the character is standing and not the character itself. Fires too fast to dodge with just walking, but anyone with flash or a dash/blink in their kit can dodge his single target right now on the pbe.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The team builder dragon has a slow, hard-hitting AoE attack right now. People keep getting caught off guard by it in my games.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I love the new map, and I disagree with Fawe. I like how it's muted I agree with Riot's assessment; but it's ultimately opinion.

I was watching NB3 jungle all day with a shit load of champs in the new jungle. Dude is crazy to watch. He goes all nutty for AD Malz, has a great game, then has a shit game (hit whole team was awful). He goes from going OP AD MALZ!! to shit tier jungle after one game.

Personally, I love AD Malz as long as you play him properly. NB3 was being way too aggressive with him.

He also had a really fun Nasus jungle game that was entertaining to watch.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
lol.. just entered a ranked game and loaded into the new map. guess its in ranked now! that was kinda confusing though.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
The color scheme of the map terrain has a lot more in common with dota 2 from a color pallet standpoint. I think it looks really nice.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like maintenance is finally over.
~22 hours or so?

Kalista loading screen.

2min queue for me.

Edit: Store is slow and Kalista seems to be disabled still, didn't show up for me.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Alright, patch notes are out.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/new...atch-420-notes

Prediction #1 for the Season

The machete upgrades are just like the first version of the gold items from the prior season in that they are so good they will show up outside of their intended use. Many people will take Smite, buy a Machete at some point, and upgrade it into either Skirmisher's Sabre (for ADCs, dueling types) or Stalker's Blade (supports, some mages).

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maybe it's just me but I absolutely hate that stupid crab that grants vision/movement at baron/dragon. I really want them to take that out asap.

Also, preseasons can be so annoying for a jungle main. Every other role is basically the same, yet jungle is a complete new game. Either way, looking forward to playing some games this wknd, possibly thursday night if I get home at a reasonable time (fuck snow).