Legend of Grimrock 2

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
1 secret missed..... %#$*@*%)$%^&#(@#*%)%^*&^%&#$&(*@)&%$&0274027590670 &&(#$$&()%^

Lambourne, fish in the river..! or any water area really you can just click a fish and you grab it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah fish is good. Turtles should still spawn, though maybe they stop at some point not sure. Also get the necklace from hmm, some place, that lets you ignore food and overweight on one char. It was on the west side, I wanna say sewers but not sure. Great neck for minos.

Disp_sl

shitlord
I ran out of food last night too and had to go back for fish, which I'm now out of again. A good area I found is in the sewers, the underwater secret in the NW. There are 10-12 fish there. I'm pretty close to done, but in some of the more difficult areas I'm finding that armor > all for anyone in the front row and it's not even close. Got a rogue tank and he just gets crushed with mid 30 defense and 30 evasion. My mino with 90 defense and 9 evasion is superior with survivability. He can face tank for days, so I've been building up the rogue to wear heavy armor (1 point away) and just gonna fit him with crystal gear and ditch the rogue shit.

My meteor shield poofed the other day too
frown.png
. And yeah Pyros, petty sure that neck is in the sewers.

Caliane

I ran out of food last night too and had to go back for fish, which I'm now out of again. A good area I found is in the sewers, the underwater secret in the NW. There are 10-12 fish there. I'm pretty close to done, but in some of the more difficult areas I'm finding that armor > all for anyone in the front row and it's not even close. Got a rogue tank and he just gets crushed with mid 30 defense and 30 evasion. My mino with 90 defense and 9 evasion is superior with survivability. He can face tank for days, so I've been building up the rogue to wear heavy armor (1 point away) and just gonna fit him with crystal gear and ditch the rogue shit.

frown.png
Ruins I think.(or lex/archives) its before sewers. I have it, and just did those three, but have not started sewers.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Trying to avoid spoilers but jesus do I want to find a way to kill these assholes in the water.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

frown.png
Weird, my rogue didn't have an issue in rogue gear. Had 41 evasion though, I took evasion on char creation, max dex obviously and had 3pt dodge. I mean on last boss he got one shot a few times but in general he was roughly as "tanky" as my mino barb mostly because he got hit a lot less, even though he was getting hit harder. On smaller shit though, like lower lvl crap and what not, he wasn't as good. Barb was taking like less than 5dmg a hit but he'd still get hit for 30 or whatever. That's without crafting any of my stats potions too, I probably would have dumped all 20herbs on dex pots, which would have given me like, 40evasion? I think at this point you pretty much never get hit.

But there's 2 very good heavy armor sets so makes sense to run double heavy armor in front. And pretty much double heavy weapon too, since there's plenty of easy to obtain very strong heavy weaps. Hell if you know where to go you can probably grab the 2 best heavy weapons in like 2-3hours then proceed to destroy everything for the rest of the playthrough.

As for food the only time I had an issue was in the crystal mines. I didn't loot most of the food in the sewers or stormbreach cause I had a lot of it stocked up already and then I went into the mines and took a long time to clear it and no mobs there drop food(or no lakes) so I ran out of food but I pretty much finished at the same time then picked up a bunch of stuff. Didn't have an issue in the other areas, the pyramid is full of food, the catacombs were relatively short and the bog area had a decent amount of food too. I only had one mino and didn't feed him at all though, I used the neck for most of the game since I started west side.

And yeah, not sewers, more like archives or something now that I think about it, cause you have to drop in a trap to get it and there's nothing under the sewers. Definitely west side though.

Northerner

N00b
Running two battle mages up front with an alchie (slightly messed up... went with light-dex initially but flopped to firearms after, wasting a few points for sure) and a heavy barb in back. The battle mages are actually quite tanky and although the points get spread thin, you can still get one or both of them heavy armor plus shielded for pretty nice mitigation. You lose the full spread of magic but with two it works out fine it seems.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Man never has it been harder to avoid spoilers in a game before. I have like 4 chests I can't open because I can't find lockpicks. I can't figure out hwo to get on the sleet island. My farmer is like 4 levels above everyone else but I think I screwed up by making him a light weapon tank instead of a heavy one.

Game is amazing though.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Yeah I was gonna tell you good luck avoiding spoilers. Deeper you get there are several puzzles that you essentially have to figure out with very limited or no clues. And even though some of the combat it easy to sidestep and slowly pick them apart, there are a ton of encounters in dungeons where you've got several sets of mobs that box you in and make that impossible.

Game is definitely a 10/10 for me, just wish some of the puzzles weren't so cryptic.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
A few of the puzzles could use some slight nudges in the right direction, about the only one I couldn't figure out myself was the damn Language one, I dropped the cypher some were in that world and couldn't find it again..

Caliane

A few of the puzzles could use some slight nudges in the right direction, about the only one I couldn't figure out myself was the damn Language one, I dropped the cypher some were in that world and couldn't find it again..
ha. I've been taking notes on a few things like that.

the rock paper scissors one got me. I feel like that was cheap, as what seems like the right answer isn't right. Which just leaves you wondering if its a bug or something, not you missed a clue.
Knowing the answer. it makes sense. But again, coming from the problem solving side, it feels more like something is broken, as every other puzzle is more literal.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Finished the game on normal, missed a lot of secrets and also bailed on two non necessary puzzles (or maybe more).

Anyone know a nice walkthrough with maps or just decent maps? No YT stuff, if possible.

I've been running through this and having a great time, but with the open world nature of it (and like happens in a lot of puzzle games) I wonder if some of these puzzles I'm looking at are unsolvable until I do another dungeon? I realize that some of the puzzles will require stuff found later in the dungeon I'm in, but I've cleared I think two places that have puzzles left in them and that worries me a bit. I don't want anything close to an answer for them but just to know if yes that is possible, and if there is a non-obvious point of no return in the game, if someone wouldn't mind. Obviously some of them are difficult and I might just be missing the solution too but I don't want to waste hours staring at these things if I just needed to go complete some other location.

Thanks!

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
A good bit of them you can solve with-out the notes from other places(The notes help a bit, but the puzzles are still cryptic as fuck), but there is a few that give absolutely zero notes on how they work, so they have to be figured out your self..

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
In general I'd say most visible puzzles are solved in that place with no clue other than what's given in the same place(plaques to read and shit like that). There's a few things that require help from other places, but not that many and pretty much always very close(same zone or same "block" but different elevation so like underground or whatever).

velk

Trakanon Raider
Jesus, they aren't kidding with hard difficulty ;p

It's a bit annoying actually, especially with how quick some creatures attack - start trying to click a health potion and get flurried down in a barrage of crits before you can open inventory and click it.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I am about half-way thru a Iron Man run... Fucking crystal cave was a real pain...

I've been busy with work lately though, so haven't had much time to play much =/

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
I did a challenge run with all three ticked. Two lizardman battle mages up front gives you 40 protection basically right from the start. Then two lizardman alchemists in the back row, one going heavy weapons/alchemy the other going light weapons/crit for bear form shenanigans later on. All took poison immunity (which makes the first boss even more of a cakewalk) and endurance since I knew I was going to rely on resting a lot and food would eventually become an issue. It's a really good balance because by the time your mages start to become useless, the alchs in back take over. 2x alchemist also allows you to create a truckton of bombs for your front row dudes to just chain throw as well.

Knowing wgere to get a bunch of OP gear after beating the first boss helps more then anything else really.

It worked out pretty well. At one point I had something like 30 health pots on both battle mages and started facetanking a lot of fights because I got bored of square dancing.