Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Siliconemelons

lol - usually if you are wearing certain armor or masks the NPCs react in a different way, I usually wear the phantom ganon stuff that gives you sneak bonus- because you can essentally walk up to most enemies and sneak strike and also capture faries and other things easy w/o them running off.

and if you approach from behind they kinda go "ah!" also.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Is it a running joke with this series for every NPC to be startled that you're standing next to them? Nearly every NPC reacts this way when you speak to them.
Secret stones? Imprisoning war?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Finished all mainline quests and final fights.

Its just as soulless of an ending and story as BOTW imo.

Only if this is a trilogy and they do something to really hit it out of the park lore and story I am just meh...

And lack of TriForce has been quite a thing in both... So.. Dunno

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Ayy yo are we cleared for spoilers now without the tag?

Feels like it should almost be time

I really wanna know whats up with the dragon corpses all over plus the 3 other dragons.

They established that by eating your stone you become an immortal dragon...so why are there at least 3 dragon corpses in the depths...who are the other 3 dragons as well...lol.

Anyone know?

And lack of TriForce has been quite a thing in both... So.. Dunno

I wanna say they were constantly moving on the "Courage, Wisdom, Power" aspect of the triforce for a while now. The new aspects being the spirits from BOTW and this but I feel thats more an "In addition to" rather than replacing the triforce.

It's like Bioshock Infinite "There will always be a ____" for the triforce though. Ganon will always be power, Zelda will always be wisdom and the player will always be courage.

Siliconemelons

Also the fact that you can duplicate secret stones and its okay, no problem. Also NPC's all react to the sky stuff appearing etc. as it just happened once the upheval happened and Zelda traveled back in time. The sages made all the sky floating stuff (I half expected it all to start to fall once Minuru died in post credits scene...) so the time changes where observed at a point in time vs a timeline split when Zelda goes back. The odd 'we dont talk about Bruno, or the Calamity' disjointedness that I felt throughout the game was only amplified by the ending... to me, being this is a rare direct sequle, a bad thing that really knocks the game down in its story telling ability. Even within the mindset of BOTW and TOTK are a totally seperate everything from every other Zelda, it is disjointed and screwy... so all the armor sets and stuff from the other Zelda games are just ALL Easter eggs and not to be taken as /truly/ existing? As every mainline game is mentioned, Twilight, WW, OOT, etc etc.... okay rant off, I guess.

Siliconemelons

Ayy yo are we cleared for spoilers now without the tag?

Feels like it should almost be time

I really wanna know whats up with the dragon corpses all over plus the 3 other dragons.

They established that by eating your stone you become an immortal dragon...so why are there at least 3 dragon corpses in the depths...who are the other 3 dragons as well...lol.

Anyone know?

I wanna say they were constantly moving on the "Courage, Wisdom, Power" aspect of the triforce for a while now. The new aspects being the spirits from BOTW and this but I feel thats more an "In addition to" rather than replacing the triforce.

It's like Bioshock Infinite "There will always be a ____" for the triforce though. Ganon will always be power, Zelda will always be wisdom and the player will always be courage.

As for spoiler question

I think one is to be the windfish, at least in BOTW

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was finishing up other games before I wanted to sink a shitload of time into this. I've done all the sages and am basically just running around doing all the side content before I jump into the final dungeon. I am failing to find the motivation to keep going. Whereas the BOTW model was fun and new, this one just really isn't hitting with me. I guess this formula isn't going to last(for me, personally). Finding and doing the side stuff just feels super tedious.

I do hope at some point we can get another Link Between Worlds type game. I loved that shit.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Was finishing up other games before I wanted to sink a shitload of time into this.
I'm on the last boss but I'm doing this too because I think the side content will take a long time.

I think you just need to choose to do what you enjoy and leave the rest. It's like you have the option to get max hearts, or loads of high quality food, or upgraded armour, or the best fusions or powerful constructs... but you only need one or two of those, you don't need them all so don't do them all.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Was holding off on getting this since so many games out right now. But this was too good of a deal to pass up.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user