Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I had to go what I despise: Burn.

Had some terrible loss streaks last night and fell wayyy back to D4 again. In a fit of rage I loaded up the Burn deck from Mobalytics (posted above). In a few short hours I was Masters.

I hate hate hate how good burn is right now. I have 65% win ratio in 37 games.
I really tried with all the meta decks but it's really slim win % or I'm just bad. Corina, Heimer/Vi, Deep, my Sej deck that got me to D1 at one point... but none could seal the deal in an efficient manner. Oh well, time to chill now.

master222.JPG

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Twitch Rivals is going on now, LoR actually has viewers :D

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I had to go what I despise: Burn.

Had some terrible loss streaks last night and fell wayyy back to D4 again. In a fit of rage I loaded up the Burn deck from Mobalytics (posted above). In a few short hours I was Masters.

I hate hate hate how good burn is right now. I have 65% win ratio in 37 games.
I really tried with all the meta decks but it's really slim win % or I'm just bad. Corina, Heimer/Vi, Deep, my Sej deck that got me to D1 at one point... but none could seal the deal in an efficient manner. Oh well, time to chill now.

View attachment 270243

The thing with burn right now is this, it's cheap to make so lots of new player can craft it easily, it's fairly easy to play which again is good for new players, it's fast which is good for ranking up since it's generally easier to rank up playing lots of game than it is with a better slower deck, and ultimately it is a good deck that is hard to counter as it doesn't require much interaction.

It definitely needs a nerf which is probably going to come through with at least a nerf to Boomcrew Rookie.

Grats on masters. :)

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The thing with burn right now is this, it's cheap to make so lots of new player can craft it easily, it's fairly easy to play which again is good for new players, it's fast which is good for ranking up since it's generally easier to rank up playing lots of game than it is with a better slower deck, and ultimately it is a good deck that is hard to counter as it doesn't require much interaction.

It definitely needs a nerf which is probably going to come through with at least a nerf to Boomcrew Rookie.

Grats on masters. :)

After playing it for so many games, Boomcrew is obviously really strong but also that damn deal 3 to ally to deal 3 to anything is so powerful. It negates a lot of healing for opponent and it's 3 more damage to nexus which is only 1 short of 5 mana Decimate. I think it probably needs a nerf. There are so many efficient cards in the Burn deck though, but Boomcrew & that Spell seeing nerfs could be what's needed to bring it down some %.

• 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Re: Twitch Rivals

Wow Mogwai is PISSED and rightfully so. He just got a "tie" against Swim due to going over some Tournament Time Limit, when Swim roped him all game long and Mogwai even ended the last match with a Victory... but it's not counted due to time. Crazy.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
After playing it for so many games, Boomcrew is obviously really strong but also that damn deal 3 to ally to deal 3 to anything is so powerful. It negates a lot of healing for opponent and it's 3 more damage to nexus which is only 1 short of 5 mana Decimate. I think it probably needs a nerf. There are so many efficient cards in the Burn deck though, but Boomcrew & that Spell seeing nerfs could be what's needed to bring it down some %.

The thing with burn is nerfing it without nerfing other decks. I feel a lot of the cards that make burn are not OP on their own, or in other decks, they are just synergizing too much that particular deck. The reason I think Boomcrew will be nerfed is that it would not affect other decks much if at all.

Noxian Fervor is in a strange position as nerfing it would be a huge nerf to Swain decks which are good but not the best already, and a nerf to Noxus in general which is already a middle of the pack region.

I hope they manage to nerf burn, without nerfing other region/decks as collateral damage, or hopefully buff something that hurts burn.

Again the fact that the deck is cheap, easy, fast and good is the problem.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The thing with burn is nerfing it without nerfing other decks. I feel a lot of the cards that make burn are not OP on their own, or in other decks, they are just synergizing too much that particular deck. The reason I think Boomcrew will be nerfed is that it would not affect other decks much if at all.

Noxian Fervor is in a strange position as nerfing it would be a huge nerf to Swain decks which are good but not the best already, and a nerf to Noxus in general which is already a middle of the pack region.

I hope they manage to nerf burn, without nerfing other region/decks as collateral damage, or hopefully buff something that hurts burn.

Again the fact that the deck is cheap, easy, fast and good is the problem.
Well I agree with you there but I believe Noxian Fervor is almost never in a Swain deck since you typically want 3x Flock and 3x Death's Hand, or a number of other things. Most Swain decks don't want to do 3 to their own unit. I do think it'll be a tough nerf without making it a trash card, the biggest might be just making it deal damage to units only, then it can fit in a Swain Control deck still.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I made it from Gold 3 to Plat with only 1 loss to burn that drew perfectly.

This Yasuo/Katerina deck is really fun and strong at this rank.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've been trying to grind Masters, mostly on phone but I turn the stream on late at night.
Valderan watched me lose to a shitty Diamond deck with a god-tier top-deck (will of ionia), which took me from #170 to #260, that sucked, I peaked at #120 yesterday but with only a few losses fell back to #278 at one point and ended the night at #226. My goal is really to try for top 100 and then top 50. I misplayed to lose at least 5 games yesterday, I just need to talk through everything & limit the misplays.

If anyone wants to watch & hear me ramble on during a couple nail-biters, here's a link toward the end of the night of what I thought were some close & exhausting games, I'd say in these final games, I misplayed at least twice (probably more).

I had 1 viewer so I was more talkative, also this is after Valderen left my stream.
(I need to turn down the in-game music and turn up my mic I think, let me know if you have an opinion either way)

Deck Code: CEBQCAQFBIBACBI5FADAEBQ5EUTS6NJYAMAQEBRMAIAQKKZWAIBAKBYIAIAQEBR3AIAQKGJR
Deck Link: https://lor.mobalytics.gg/decks/br18aa5bunq760i4av00

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, Expedition needs tuning badly. It really is a " You have the beat stick deck or the loser deck". There is very little in the middle. It amazes me the amount of times I take on damn near tier one decks on first rounds but I am unable to draft a cohesive deck. If I go for Toss, I get little creature support. I try Punder and then do not get the accessory damage spells needed to activate it. The new race is always chosen because of its power. I actually think they need to look at certain cards and decrease the commonality of the card in a draw. Its so frustrating that if I draft a mediocre or worse deck I just leave. Its not fun to always lose.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So, Expedition needs tuning badly. It really is a " You have the beat stick deck or the loser deck". There is very little in the middle. It amazes me the amount of times I take on damn near tier one decks on first rounds but I am unable to draft a cohesive deck. If I go for Toss, I get little creature support. I try Punder and then do not get the accessory damage spells needed to activate it. The new race is always chosen because of its power. I actually think they need to look at certain cards and decrease the commonality of the card in a draw. Its so frustrating that if I draft a mediocre or worse deck I just leave. Its not fun to always lose.

I seem to always draft bad or just get unlucky in expedition, but I rarely play it to know the meta. I'm just bad at the mode

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
A Loooong 7 days till balance patch... what is your wishlist for changes?

I'll go first:

Nerfs:
Ezreal : Please Riot. I'm doubting he gets hit but I'd be soooo happy if he was. My preferred nerf would be 1 damage pings but make his level up faster. Alternatively, making him cost 4 or 5 would also be fine, keeps the burst-kill deck alive... but imo being able to kill from 20 to 0 without any interactivity is problematic no matter what, so still not ideal.

Karma : She's really fun to play and I wouldn't want to kill that, but she's so cheap at 5 mana. Make her 6 or 7 imo.. Still plenty of mana available to do shenanigans.

Badgerbear : Should lose at least 1 stat, either 3/4 or 4/3. I can see it either way. At 4/3, probably won't be in every Demacia deck anymore but Grizzly still sees play. At 3/4, might still be put into most Demacia decks due to how tough it is to bring down a 4 health target.

Unyielding : I said this card was "counterable" and "not that problematic yet", but I also said it could use a cost increase. I'm not opposed to making it a Fast spell either. I'm predicting "no change" but it gets added to the Watch List. As the meta has evolved, it seems to be everywhere right now.

Noxian Fervor : Super strong aggro card since it deals 3 to face AND negates Heal in most cases, since you're using this on your unit when opponent is casting a Grasp or Feast, almost no downside to this card. Maybe make it only hit units, or up the cost to 4. Still has advantage over Decimate by being a Fast card.

Boomcrew Rookie : I think we all expect it's going to get a hit. 3 health seems to be the consensus.

Vi : Half the S-tier meta decks incorporate Vi right now. Lower her starting attack to 1 was 1 suggestion I've heard. Maybe won't be touched but gets added to the Watch List.

Deny : Ionia is just super strong. Deny & Will of Ionia shit on so many deck concepts. Will of Ionia is necessary to counter Unyielding, so I'm not advocating to touch that. I'd like to see Deny cost even more. Crazy this card use to be 3 mana. Lets make it 5 or 6 please.

Plunder: Draw from Opponent : Tough one, this shits on Freljord since it takes all the buffed units off the top of their deck. I've seen suggestion of pulling from bottom of deck, but then there's literally no downside to this effect at all. At least in the current situation, it helps you get to your Champions. Might not see a change. RIP Freljord.

Ranger's Resolve : So efficient for a 1 mana burst spell. Swings entire games almost as badly as Judgement. Obviously you can try to predict it, but then you inefficiently trade all the time. At least up to 2 mana.

Buffs:
Riot seems to enjoy sprinkling in some buffs with their balance updates. It's hard to imagine what they might hit. Do they try making Shen & Vlad viable? Some buffs to Freljord? Add a little more healing to some regions to help counter Burn? ( up the health gain from the few healing units, like Tavern Keeper, for example?)

Try to introduce an entirely new deck archetype like they did with Mageseeker? I doubt they go that far. I think Riot knows Burn is pretty strong and part of the "nerf" will be upping the resiliency for other regions so that you don't have to use SI all the time.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Expedition is interesting. I went 6-1 on my first attempt. I had a solid Elusive deck but the one that beat me made me realize that Toss/Deep is a powerful combo in this format. I am not sure how effective it will be in ranked but Toss/Deep is a very real thing in Expedition if you get the right cards.
I’ve almost completely abandoned the HS ladder in favor of arena and I think Riot’s expedition format is way better and funner than HS arena

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
A Loooong 7 days till balance patch... what is your wishlist for changes?

I'll go first:

Nerfs:
Ezreal : Please Riot. I'm doubting he gets hit but I'd be soooo happy if he was. My preferred nerf would be 1 damage pings but make his level up faster. Alternatively, making him cost 4 or 5 would also be fine, keeps the burst-kill deck alive... but imo being able to kill from 20 to 0 without any interactivity is problematic no matter what, so still not ideal.

Karma : She's really fun to play and I wouldn't want to kill that, but she's so cheap at 5 mana. Make her 6 or 7 imo.. Still plenty of mana available to do shenanigans.

Badgerbear : Should lose at least 1 stat, either 3/4 or 4/3. I can see it either way. At 4/3, probably won't be in every Demacia deck anymore but Grizzly still sees play. At 3/4, might still be put into most Demacia decks due to how tough it is to bring down a 4 health target.

Unyielding : I said this card was "counterable" and "not that problematic yet", but I also said it could use a cost increase. I'm not opposed to making it a Fast spell either. I'm predicting "no change" but it gets added to the Watch List. As the meta has evolved, it seems to be everywhere right now.

Noxian Fervor : Super strong aggro card since it deals 3 to face AND negates Heal in most cases, since you're using this on your unit when opponent is casting a Grasp or Feast, almost no downside to this card. Maybe make it only hit units, or up the cost to 4. Still has advantage over Decimate by being a Fast card.

Boomcrew Rookie : I think we all expect it's going to get a hit. 3 health seems to be the consensus.

Vi : Half the S-tier meta decks incorporate Vi right now. Lower her starting attack to 1 was 1 suggestion I've heard. Maybe won't be touched but gets added to the Watch List.

Deny : Ionia is just super strong. Deny & Will of Ionia shit on so many deck concepts. Will of Ionia is necessary to counter Unyielding, so I'm not advocating to touch that. I'd like to see Deny cost even more. Crazy this card use to be 3 mana. Lets make it 5 or 6 please.

Plunder: Draw from Opponent : Tough one, this shits on Freljord since it takes all the buffed units off the top of their deck. I've seen suggestion of pulling from bottom of deck, but then there's literally no downside to this effect at all. At least in the current situation, it helps you get to your Champions. Might not see a change. RIP Freljord.

Ranger's Resolve : So efficient for a 1 mana burst spell. Swings entire games almost as badly as Judgement. Obviously you can try to predict it, but then you inefficiently trade all the time. At least up to 2 mana.

Buffs:
Riot seems to enjoy sprinkling in some buffs with their balance updates. It's hard to imagine what they might hit. Do they try making Shen & Vlad viable? Some buffs to Freljord? Add a little more healing to some regions to help counter Burn? ( up the health gain from the few healing units, like Tavern Keeper, for example?)

Try to introduce an entirely new deck archetype like they did with Mageseeker? I doubt they go that far. I think Riot knows Burn is pretty strong and part of the "nerf" will be upping the resiliency for other regions so that you don't have to use SI all the time.

I'll go second then. :)

In general, I expect nerfs to burn, or buffs to ways to counter it. Nothing specific in mind really but the deck needs to be looked at.

Ezreal and Karma, one thing to be careful about those 2 is that they synergize really well together. They are both great in other decks, but the biggest issue is when they are paired together. So nerfing one of them might affect how often you see the other. So Riot has to be careful if they nerf both.

Ezreal: I agree he needs to be looked at, he has been on the watchlist for a while now. I think reducing the ping to 1 would kill the card, what I'd like to see is have his text be something like "The first 3 times you cast a spell this turn, deal 2 to the enemy nexus." It keeps the burst potential to some extent, but limits how much can be done in a single turn giving the opponent more time to counter him.

Karma: Like Ezreal she also has been on the watchlist now for a while now. I'm not sure increasing her cost would do much, it might slow the shenanigans but she would still be able to do everything she does already, also she is often best played at the end of the opponent's turn for full effect on your turn with full mana. I would prefer to see some restriction on the spell that are affected either by spell speed, like only affect slow, or fast or burst spell, or by spell cost. Just limit what she does, in her case more costly doesn't solve the problem I think.

Unyielding: I've said before that this card is awful. It's too much of a binary effect where you can deal with it, and it's not an issue, or you can't and you most likely lose. This type of card should be a meme card to be honest. Or introduce more ways to counter it. Personally I think it shouldn't be castable on Champions. There's too many ways this create a terrible situation, maybe reduce it's cost and make it castable on followers only. The impact is less on a follower, and allows for Purify as an added counter.

Boomcrew Rookie: Yeah, the 3 health is most likely what we'll see.

Draw from Opponent: I don't think the mechanic need much change, drawing from bottom of deck would make sense since drawing cards from your opponent is already a big play, but drawing buffed card is kinda double dipping effect, where you not only steal a card, but get to play a buffed card. It also targets Freljord a lot which is one of the weakest region.

I want to see Vladimir buffed the most, he's such a cool concept but so weak right now. I'd like to see something along the line of "Attack: For each other attacking ally, deal 1 to it and DRAIN 1 from the enemy Nexus". Now on a full board draining 5 might be too much, but the effect is counterable in many ways so it might be ok.

All in all to be honest, I feel the game is mostly in a really good place. Just nerfing burn would open up the meta a bit. The risk is obviously Control getting out of control without burn to reign it in a bit.

I think the focus should be nerfing burn, the deck is way too efficient, cheap to make, easy to play, and so fast for ranking up. It doesn't matter if you lose some, you play so many games so fast that you'll rank up faster than other slower deck with higher win rate.

The second thing is Freljord, poros are a meme, yetis are not competitive, ramp isn't really working, and right now it gets the buffed card stolen. That's like 3 theme of the region that are not working. Frostbite is the best thing it has, but often lacks follow up, sure you delay the game but it lacks a strong closing strategy.

• 1Like

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
I'll go second then. :)

In general, I expect nerfs to burn, or buffs to ways to counter it. Nothing specific in mind really but the deck needs to be looked at.

Ezreal and Karma, one thing to be careful about those 2 is that they synergize really well together. They are both great in other decks, but the biggest issue is when they are paired together. So nerfing one of them might affect how often you see the other. So Riot has to be careful if they nerf both.

Ezreal: I agree he needs to be looked at, he has been on the watchlist for a while now. I think reducing the ping to 1 would kill the card, what I'd like to see is have his text be something like "The first 3 times you cast a spell this turn, deal 2 to the enemy nexus." It keeps the burst potential to some extent, but limits how much can be done in a single turn giving the opponent more time to counter him.

Karma: Like Ezreal she also has been on the watchlist now for a while now. I'm not sure increasing her cost would do much, it might slow the shenanigans but she would still be able to do everything she does already, also she is often best played at the end of the opponent's turn for full effect on your turn with full mana. I would prefer to see some restriction on the spell that are affected either by spell speed, like only affect slow, or fast or burst spell, or by spell cost. Just limit what she does, in her case more costly doesn't solve the problem I think.

Unyielding: I've said before that this card is awful. It's too much of a binary effect where you can deal with it, and it's not an issue, or you can't and you most likely lose. This type of card should be a meme card to be honest. Or introduce more ways to counter it. Personally I think it shouldn't be castable on Champions. There's too many ways this create a terrible situation, maybe reduce it's cost and make it castable on followers only. The impact is less on a follower, and allows for Purify as an added counter.

Boomcrew Rookie: Yeah, the 3 health is most likely what we'll see.

Draw from Opponent: I don't think the mechanic need much change, drawing from bottom of deck would make sense since drawing cards from your opponent is already a big play, but drawing buffed card is kinda double dipping effect, where you not only steal a card, but get to play a buffed card. It also targets Freljord a lot which is one of the weakest region.

I want to see Vladimir buffed the most, he's such a cool concept but so weak right now. I'd like to see something along the line of "Attack: For each other attacking ally, deal 1 to it and DRAIN 1 from the enemy Nexus". Now on a full board draining 5 might be too much, but the effect is counterable in many ways so it might be ok.

All in all to be honest, I feel the game is mostly in a really good place. Just nerfing burn would open up the meta a bit. The risk is obviously Control getting out of control without burn to reign it in a bit.

I think the focus should be nerfing burn, the deck is way too efficient, cheap to make, easy to play, and so fast for ranking up. It doesn't matter if you lose some, you play so many games so fast that you'll rank up faster than other slower deck with higher win rate.

The second thing is Freljord, poros are a meme, yetis are not competitive, ramp isn't really working, and right now it gets the buffed card stolen. That's like 3 theme of the region that are not working. Frostbite is the best thing it has, but often lacks follow up, sure you delay the game but it lacks a strong closing strategy.
I've decided to actualy start playing LoR so I started playing ranked maybe a week ago. I am in silver 2 i believe but still... about 1/3 of the decks I play against is the same Noxus + P&Z no champion burn deck. One deck I use that counters it very well is this Freljord + Shadow Endure deck:
CEBQCAQFAEAQCAJCBAAQKEA2DUUCWMJSGUBQCAIBAMAQEBIEAIAQKGJOAEBACBISEM
Neverglade Collector is awesome vs burn.

I've been cycling between that Atrocity + Endure deck and a toss/deep deck but if you have any deck links that will help me climb I would appreciate it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've decided to actualy start playing LoR so I started playing ranked maybe a week ago. I am in silver 2 i believe but still... about 1/3 of the decks I play against is the same Noxus + P&Z no champion burn deck. One deck I use that counters it very well is this Freljord + Shadow Endure deck:
CEBQCAQFAEAQCAJCBAAQKEA2DUUCWMJSGUBQCAIBAMAQEBIEAIAQKGJOAEBACBISEM
Neverglade Collector is awesome vs burn.

I've been cycling between that Atrocity + Endure deck and a toss/deep deck but if you have any deck links that will help me climb I would appreciate it.

Most of the decks on mobalytics.gg will climb very well if played correctly. That deck you posted does look real good against burn, any SI deck should be favored vs burn if packing all the heals.

You might be struggling against the other meta decks like demacia or ez/karma or karma/lux.

The Deep struggles against Ionia, which is probably another 1/3rd of the decks. Also the deep is a slower deck.

If you want to climb fast (and don't want to run aggro/burn) you should look into the demacia decks. There are a few variants: bannermen, or MF/Quinn, or Fiora/zed with stand alone.

These decks will struggle more against burn but can win the other 2/3rd of the matches. Also these decks are less susceptible to misplays.

Personally I went 5-1 last night with MF / Quinn after suffering a string of losses with my deep deck.

I took the mobalytics.gg build and changed 3-4 cards.
Here's where I setup the deck:

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
They should standardise all the various burn pings to 1 damage, start with that.

Then with spells make Unyeilding a fast spell so people can kill the target in response and make the 3 mana Noxus 3 damage spell slow so it can't be used in response to spells/blocking.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This was hilarious. I don’t remember the exact chain of events but it went something like this...

2 Black Market Merchant on the board both of which were plunder enabled and drew a card. The following turn i play 2 Pilfered Goods which were also plunder enabled so drew 4 cards...2 of which were Pilfered Goods from my opponent which had a zero mana cost which I played and drew 4 more one of which was a Black Market Merchant which cost zero mana and I played...at this point my opponent conceded.

I quit for the night, it’s not going to get any better than this. :)

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I hope at some point Riot looks past the quick fixes into what will be the next problematic deck. Burn is definitely keeping some of the almost broken decks in check.

Burn will get some nerfs and Boomcrew will definitely be one of them. Outside of boomcrew, they might just add a couple decent heal cards for other regions outside of SI. Resilient aggro units is the primary problem.

Pilfered Goods is grossly under costed for it's effect. It should cost 3 at least. Steal effects cards should be lowered in expeditions as well. The negative effects of having 1-2 of your smaller 30 card deck stolen wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have some decks where I saw 3 Pilfered Goods and multiple BM Merchants.

Unyielding should be a fast spell and should be removed from the expedition pool. Nothing sucks more than having no answer to a card because you were never able to get one in your option pool.

Karma should cost 1 more and be a 3/3. You want her to only be usable late and be a poor trading target for anything until round 10. Ezrael should cost one more and need at least one more targeted effect to level up if not two. Both cards are extremely unfun to play against and allow little interaction once they get going. Without burn, those decks will take over. Vi should be a 1/5 just to slow her leveling as well.

Ranger's Resolve should be two since it's such a powerful effect for your entire team.

I'd love to see Ledros lose the last breath ability. No other unit with such a powerful effect is so hard to remove.

I have no problem with Noxious Fervor since Swain is incredibly difficult to level without that card. Hard to remove aggro units is the bigger issue.

Deny should stay at 4. It is the only counter in the game. It's the only thing that stops some of the broken. I think the opposite in that the massive number of burst spells is a bigger problem. There's one counterspell and 62 burst spells. I don't want more counters but I like having that option. Honestly, I'd like for there more spells like Riptide.